ADVERTISEMENT

Forde Article on Tyra / UofL Athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. What?!

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but I was too stunned by this post. There are so many things to comment on here, but here's just a few:

(1) It’s amazing that this post comes from a guy who boasts about how he deals in “facts”. And you even admitted that you don’t have any evidence. It’s very telling that, after criticizing Tyra for virtually everything under the sun, you now post an opinion as an alibi for the inability of the previous athletic administration to prevent the lack of NCAA compliance that led to the FBI scandal.
(2) Playing what would be ineligible players, as we know all too well, is against NCAA rules, and I would never condone doing so. I don’t care who was in bed with the shoe companies, it was wrong and it’s that simple. Unbelievable that you say I should have voiced my concern beforehand, when I had every right to expect that all of the talk about a “culture of compliance” meant just that, compliance with NCAA rules. It's hard to understand how Jurich failed at this, especially after the stripper scandal, which has been my basic point all along. (By the way, did you raise any concerns about children of athletic department employees taking real estate commissions from coaches before it happened? Otherwise, by your own logic, you have no right to complain now.)
(3) “Getting caught was a mistake.” Thanks for the laugh. In an earlier post, when you said that “In hindsight, Pitino was making bad managerial decisions”, did you mean that what he was guilty of was hiring guys that couldn’t not get caught? I mean, this stuff is really hilarious.
(4) Finally, this alibi for the lack of compliance does not fit with Pitino’s many denials. So, you are saying that Pitino is lying about what happened?

Anyway, thanks for posting the alibi for what happened. It was one of the most amazing and funny posts that I’ve seen here.

Wow... nice rebuttal. I thought about responding as well but there was so much ridiculousness to unpack. Thanks for handling that.

Sometimes I am thankful this site has so few viewers. It keeps things irrelevant. Missing the good old days we when we’re proud UL fans.
I think most people on here are proud fans. I know I am. Yes, I am disappointed at what occurred during the first part of this decade. But I like the new university president, the AD, basically all of the coaches. I'm happy with where we are, and I think the future is bright for the whole university.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
Sometimes I am thankful this site has so few viewers. It keeps things irrelevant. Missing the good old days we when we’re proud UL fans.
Well, we miss ya.

But next time you pick a rare opportunity to post, pick someone a little higher up the food chain to respond to. At least make the little time you spend here worthwhile...

Well, we miss ya.

But next time you pick a rare opportunity to post, pick someone a little higher up the food chain to respond to. At least make the little time you spend here worthwhile...
Included in your many confusions is mistaking quantity with quality.

Lol - “food chain”.

Wait. What?!

Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but I was too stunned by this post. There are so many things to comment on here, but here's just a few:

(1) It’s amazing that this post comes from a guy who boasts about how he deals in “facts”. And you even admitted that you don’t have any evidence. It’s very telling that, after criticizing Tyra for virtually everything under the sun, you now post an opinion as an alibi for the inability of the previous athletic administration to prevent the lack of NCAA compliance that led to the FBI scandal...
At some point, you have to try to explain the evidence or theorize in the absence of additional evidence. The key is that everything has to hang together--facts and theory. And I don't think there's anything I said that doesn't. I'm also not "alibi-ing" for anyone. Most of these people are/were grown adults who made calculated decisions. Again, where is that NOT the case?
...(2) Playing what would be ineligible players, as we know all too well, is against NCAA rules, and I would never condone doing so. I don’t care who was in bed with the shoe companies, it was wrong and it’s that simple. Unbelievable that you say I should have voiced my concern beforehand, when I had every right to expect that all of the talk about a “culture of compliance” meant just that, compliance with NCAA rules. It's hard to understand how Jurich failed at this, especially after the stripper scandal, which has been my basic point all along. (By the way, did you raise any concerns about children of athletic department employees taking real estate commissions from coaches before it happened? Otherwise, by your own logic, you have no right to complain now.)...
You didn't answer very simple questions... In an era where five-star kids were being widely suspected of taking money or something as compensation, did you simply assume that your program was landing those kids without that compensation? And did you ever think about it? I did plenty of times, and I still do. What do you know about Sam Williamson?

Real estate commissions, among other things, are not operational for an athletics department. That's why you don't ask every question you can contemplate. Recruiting OTOH is integral to big time athletics. If U of L started up a real estate operation inside of athletics, more people than me might be asking questions about it
...(3) “Getting caught was a mistake.” Thanks for the laugh. In an earlier post, when you said that “In hindsight, Pitino was making bad managerial decisions”, did you mean that what he was guilty of was hiring guys that couldn’t not get caught? I mean, this stuff is really hilarious...
Glad you're being entertained, but I'll explain my own comments so you're not bogged down by laughter...

Pitino employed guys who didn't know how to play the game or didn't want to. It doesn't matter, they didn't get it done. Most of these coaches nationwide are involved and staying out of the headlines. NOT employing the right coaches was Pitino's mistake, and he'll even admit that if he hasn't already. You don't have to take my word.
...(4) Finally, this alibi for the lack of compliance does not fit with Pitino’s many denials. So, you are saying that Pitino is lying about what happened?

Anyway, thanks for posting the alibi for what happened. It was one of the most amazing and funny posts that I’ve seen here.
I guess you're just easily amused... Pitino has never admitted to being personally involved with pay-for-play, and he's said he never sanctioned his coaches being involved. That doesn't mean he didn't know that compensation was being paid. He's been careful to say that he never knew of anything being paid to players he had on the team. If you think you found something otherwise, link or post it.

There's no alibi. It was simply Pitino's effort--and failure--to walk along a very narrow line. Hope that clarifies my position...

All we need now is for the current people in charge to do is bring in the same amount of money. So far it hasn’t happened I hope it begins soon.

Reactions: zipp
All we need now is for the current people in charge to do is bring in the same amount of money. So far it hasn’t happened I hope it begins soon.
We're like the federal government. We don't talk about money...

In an era where five-star kids were being widely suspected of taking money or something as compensation, did you simply assume that your program was landing those kids without that compensation? And did you ever think about it? I did plenty of times, and I still do. What do you know about Sam Williamson?

Not limited to 5 star players....

4 star players implicated...
Danjel Purifoy Auburn
De'Athony Melton USC
Tim Quarterman LSU
Eric Davis, TX
PJ Dozier USC

3 star player implicated...
Kyle Kuzma Utah
Jaron Blossongame Clemson

The game involves a system that reaches out to most everybody not walking on.

Reactions: UL_1986
Pitino has never admitted to being personally involved with pay-for-play, and he's said he never sanctioned his coaches being involved. That doesn't mean he didn't know that compensation was being paid. He's been careful to say that he never knew of anything being paid to players he had on the team.

Agreed. Plausible deniability, textbook.

Reactions: UL_1986
They don’t wanna talk about U of L. They’d rather discuss things that are just that... “irrelevant”. Take a look at any thread talking about our current roster or player news, there will be a minuscule amount of posts. Then look at the troll threads created by Zippy and gang trying to disparage our current admin. Night & day. It’s sad really, a fan that went off the deep end and now others have thrown up their white flag to tag along in his nonsense.

The funny thing is I think he was referring to you. You are the only one who constantly insults posters that don’t agree with your views.

Reactions: nccardfan
The funny thing is I think he was referring to you. You are the only one who constantly insults posters that don’t agree with your views.
You’re one of Zipp’s puppets. Funny that you think Zipp doesn’t insult people on this site lol. He’s practically ran everyone out of town. Actual discourse used to take place here, now it’s an echo chamber for some of you to hate on the current admin. The agenda is so transparent it’s pathetic. Deflect all you want though haha. Irony is I was referring to you as one of the people that tag along in Zipp’s nonsense. Sad!

You’re an idiot I don’t know why they continue to let you post here.
Because he can respond in an intelligent manner and he states his thoughts in a coherent way. You on the other hand? You put all of your thought and imagination in a reply and you come up with," you're an idiot I don't know why they continue to let you post here". You are calling others idiots? Whew

Most of his post aren’t intelligent they’re attacks on people that don’t agree with him. Let me make something clear to you and anyone else on this site. I have been posting on here for years now and I don’t know any of the other posters on a personal basis. I know they have had get togethers where everyone can meet each other but I have never been able to attend because I travel constantly for work.
When I agree with comments by another poster it is purely because I agree with them not because I know them personally. He like you have trouble with people who don’t share your views. If somebody post a comment you don’t agree with then freely share your opinion with some type of facts or state why. Don’t attack the person for having a different view.

I called him an idiot because he keeps lumping everybody who who shares the same view that is different from his as some kind of group. We are not a group we are independent individuals who share the same view on some topics.

Reactions: zipp
Most of his post aren’t intelligent they’re attacks on people that don’t agree with him. Let me make something clear to you and anyone else on this site. I have been posting on here for years now and I don’t know any of the other posters on a personal basis. I know they have had get togethers where everyone can meet each other but I have never been able to attend because I travel constantly for work.
When I agree with comments by another poster it is purely because I agree with them not because I know them personally. He like you have trouble with people who don’t share your views. If somebody post a comment you don’t agree with then freely share your opinion with some type of facts or state why. Don’t attack the person for having a different view.

I called him an idiot because he keeps lumping everybody who who shares the same view that is different from his as some kind of group. We are not a group we are independent individuals who share the same view on some topics.

Out of curiosity, if you take issue with attacks on people then why are you okay with zipp?

Not limited to 5 star players....

4 star players implicated...
Danjel Purifoy Auburn
De'Athony Melton USC
Tim Quarterman LSU
Eric Davis, TX
PJ Dozier USC

3 star player implicated...
Kyle Kuzma Utah
Jaron Blossongame Clemson

The game involves a system that reaches out to most everybody not walking on.
You're exactly right. I don't know where it's safe to step in the water. Below the Top 25? Top 50?

But you for damn sure have to be vigilant about the 5-star kids (Top 25). And that's vigilance by EVERYONE, not just a head coach with his fingers crossed and blinders on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT