ADVERTISEMENT

For those attacking Ramsey and Jurich

Okay fine, merge all my threads together. We do need to talk about an economic war (if at least not an economic boycott) of the state of Kentucky. Make them wish they never tried to take us down.

Sobecat remember that we could cripple the state of Kentucky if we actually had the guts to do it. We are the revenue for this state and we only get 50 percent of that back to pay for the inbred drug addicted people out in the state. Without the city of Louisville the state of Kentucky would have third world conditions.

Who do you think pays for those nice new roads to nowhere while Louisville roads crumble?

Not really. I live in midtown Atlanta and the city makes up approximately 1/2 of the state's population. When we try to take things into our own hands the state punishes us two fold with legislation.

Not really. I live in midtown Atlanta and the city makes up approximately 1/2 of the state's population. When we try to take things into our own hands the state punishes us two fold with legislation.

Oh really, lets say everyone in the city of Louisville leaves tomorrow. What if we started to refuse paying state taxes? Where's the money going to come from? The state of Kentucky would instantly lose a ton of money. The state of Kentucky can barely support itself, without Louisville you wouldn't be able to keep the power on.

My only wish is that the fires that devastated Eastern Tennessee back in 2016 would've hit Eastern Kentucky instead.

God I wish we could just succeed to Indiana already or just become our own city-state.

History shows us this isn't the case with UK basketball fans. They only care about UK basketball because they don't have a job. Their only job is to cash their welfare check.
Oh really, lets say everyone in the city of Louisville leaves tomorrow. What if we started to refuse paying state taxes? Where's the money going to come from? The state of Kentucky would instantly lose a ton of money. The state of Kentucky can barely support itself, without Louisville you wouldn't be able to keep the power on.

It would hurt the town worse than it would hurt the state as a whole.

It would hurt the town worse than it would hurt the state as a whole.
You're right it would, but it would still prove that without the people and companies in the city of Louisville the rest of the state would fold. The fact is you hate us yet if we really wanted to we could cripple the state.

The fact is we could survive without the state, the state couldn't survive without us.

You're right it would, but it would still prove that without the people and companies in the city of Louisville the rest of the state would fold. The fact is you hate us yet if we really wanted to we could cripple the state.

The fact is we could survive without the state, the state couldn't survive without us.

I hate you? You don't even know where I'm from. I've lived in Miami and Atlanta for the last 20 years. I assure have not negative or positive emotion for you in any way.

I hate you? You don't even know where I'm from. I've lived in Miami and Atlanta for the last 20 years. I assure have not negative or positive emotion for you in any way.

You yourself might not hate me but most UK fans hate the city of Louisville. So ironic that they hate us but yet we're the ones who keep the lights on.

Do you disagree that the city of Louisville could survive and even thrive without the state of Kentucky?

Again, Atlanta is a lot higher percentage of the state than Louisville is. We can't go rogue.

Again, Atlanta is a lot higher percentage of the state than Louisville is. We can't go rogue.

Not as much as you think, yes Atlanta is 1/2 of Georgia but Louisville is also over 1/3 of Kentucky. It's not as far off as you think.

Of course I think that will be the basis for another Civil War if there is one. It will be the cities vs the rural country areas.

You yourself might not hate me but most UK fans hate the city of Louisville. So ironic that they hate us but yet we're the ones who keep the lights on.

Do you disagree that the city of Louisville could survive and even thrive without the state of Kentucky?

It couldn't survive from scratch, no.

Funny how you refuse to answer my question directly. Do you not agree that if it was possible, the city of Louisville could survive as its own city-state?

Not as much as you think, yes Atlanta is 1/2 of Georgia but Louisville is also over 1/3 of Kentucky. It's not as far off as you think.

Of course I think that will be the basis for another Civil War if there is one. It will be the cities vs the rural country areas.

I hope so. If we miss on Amazon because of rednecks, I'll be pissed.

Disagree completely, Louisville would instantly have twice the tax revenue it has now. How would we not be able to survive with twice the tax revenue that we get from the state of Kentucky?

Theoretically, any town could survive on it's own.

Theoretically, any town could survive on it's own.

So at least finally you agree. Remember, the state of Kentucky essentially steals half of our tax money. Not being a part of the state of Kentucky we would be keeping that. Think about how much money could be used for infrastructure, police, fire, education, medical programs, etc.

It's a completely one sided relationship, Kentucky provides us nothing. Louisville would be a much better city without the interference of the state.

So at least finally you agree. Remember, the state of Kentucky essentially steals half of our tax money. Not being a part of the state of Kentucky we would be keeping that. Think about how much money could be used for infrastructure, police, fire, education, medical programs, etc.

It's a completely one sided relationship, Kentucky provides us nothing. Louisville would be a much better city without the interference of the state.

You have to look at what taxes you pay relative to your population. I'm guessing you pay about the same amount as the rest of the state so you would come out about the same. Of course, that's after you absorb the exorbitant start up costs.

You have to look at what taxes you pay relative to your population. I'm guessing you pay about the same amount as the rest of the state so you would come out about the same. Of course, that's after you absorb the exorbitant start up costs.

Ummm no you are completely wrong on that. The rest of the state gives nothing in taxes to Louisville. Again, Louisville has 1/2 of its taxes essentially stolen by the state each year to reallocate to the rest of the state. Even politicians out in the state have bragged about getting Louisville tax money to pay for projects in their home area because the tax base in their home area would have no way to afford that.

Remember, a huge amount of Kentucky is a taker. They are on Social Security or Welfare. Many others who do work basically make minimum wage or at least under $25,000/year. The average wage in Louisville is probably around $40,000/year. Not only that but a huge amount of the highest paying jobs in the state are in Louisville.

You can try to manuever it however you want but the fact is Louisville is the engine that keeps the state running. I understand there would be some start up costs but they would be dwarfed but the amount of tax money we would be keeping instead of letting the state steal.

The following BOT members have UK ties:

William Armstrong: Received Master's Degree from UK
Bonita Black: Received Bachelor's Degree from UK
David Grissom: Big UK Cheerleader/Hates UofL
John Schnatter: Big UK Cheerleader

Pathetic amount of UK representation. You would never see this on the UK board. All of these board members need to be removed.
I was a few years behind him, but Dave Grissom graduated from Centre College.

The last report I saw there were no UK graduates on their BOT. UofL was well represented on Murray, Morehead and WKU Boards of Trustees.
After you graduate, you may have a warm place in your heart for your home school, but you're house, food, kids education and future retirement focus on where you are now.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Funny how you refuse to answer my question directly. Do you not agree that if it was possible, the city of Louisville could survive as its own city-state?
No. It could not. The City of New York had to be bailed out by the US Government. The city of Detroit was once the fourth largest city in the nation. Chicago??????
No city can stand by itself.

The last report I saw there were no UK graduates on their BOT. UofL was well represented on Murray, Morehead and WKU Boards of Trustees...
U of L has more people (%) on its BoT with slapd!ck connections than any of the other major state universities. U of L also has more people with non-U of L connections than these same universities...

Boards%2001_zps3zdixxew.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CommodoreCard
The last report I saw there were no UK graduates on their BOT. UofL was well represented on Murray, Morehead and WKU Boards of Trustees.
After you graduate, you may have a warm place in your heart for your home school, but you're house, food, kids education and future retirement focus on where you are now.

Bill Oliver are you kidding me? I just looked up the UK website and I counted at least FOUR members of the UK Board of Trustees that are UK graduates. Oh and BTW I only counted ONE UofL graduate and that was a graduate degree which we all know is very different than an undergraduate degree.

No. It could not. The City of New York had to be bailed out by the US Government. The city of Detroit was once the fourth largest city in the nation. Chicago??????
No city can stand by itself.

And you think the state of Kentucky could stand without the city of Louisville? Are you that naive and arrogant?

Oh and BTW, international cities like Hong Kong, Tokyo, London and Dubai say hello. Cities who stand by themselves!

Would you really want to be part of Indiana? It’s more of a red state than Kentucky. Talk about failing to get and retain good employers.

Would you really want to be part of Indiana? It’s more of a red state than Kentucky. Talk about failing to get and retain good employers.

Rather Indiana than Kentucky. Indiana has a far better tax code. Kentucky is just above West Virginia and Mississippi in almost every metric.

Rather Indiana than Kentucky. Indiana has a far better tax code. Kentucky is just above West Virginia and Mississippi in almost every metric.
I sgree, but in terms of backwardness, and therefore corporate attractiveness, Indiana is right there too.

As someone paying taxes on the north side of the river, you're better off as the 51st state if you can swing it...

U of L has more people (%) on its BoT with slapd!ck connections than any of the other major state universities. U of L also has more people with non-U of L connections than these same universities...

Boards%2001_zps3zdixxew.jpg
I stand corrected.

The state of Kentucky steals a little over $1 billion every year in tax revenue. We only get 50 percent of our tax money back!!! That is essentially the state stealing the money from the city of Louisville!!!

Are you saying there are special tax laws rhat apply to Louisville that don’t apply to Northern Kentucky, Lexington, etc. ?

Ramsey and Jurich deserve a ton of credit for what they did for the University and city of Louisville. They also deserve to be fired for what they did over the last few years. Just because they did great things for a lot of years, doesn't get them off the hook for doing bad things.

His loyalty to Pitino cost him his job. I don't agree with that at all, but it's simply true.

The conversation about Louisville seceeding from Kentucky to either stand alone or become Indiana's southern city comes round every year or two.

The conversation about Louisville seceeding from Kentucky to either stand alone or become Indiana's southern city comes round every year or two.
I’ve had the same thoughts about Atlanta bu I want to keep the Golden Isles. If were talking fantasy, it should be a triangle that includes Lexington and Covington.

Oh, and the north Georgia mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT