ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting Brohms

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys didn't get a "hometown discount".

You were told that was going to be the case, but you and your AD didn't understand that. You were naive.

But you didn't fail because it wasn't your job to understand that and get Brohm anyway. That was on your AD...

Vince-01.jpg
Lol - you spin and deflect so much - you can’t keep up with your own points. No one here said anything about a hometown discount for Brohm.

Tyra offered Brohm north of 4.5M - and Brohm used that offer to get even more from purdoo. I say again, if you think that 4.5M+ represents a hometown discount, then the naïveté problem is yours.

The bottom line is that Tyra refused to overpay for Brohm like Jurich overpaid Petrino.

...Tyra offered Brohm north of 4.5M - and Brohm used that offer to get even more from purdoo. I say again, if you think that 4.5M+ represents a hometown discount, then the naïveté problem is yours...
You don't know any of those numbers. It's just your story, kinda like what you try to conclude from a photo.
...The bottom line is that Tyra refused to overpay for Brohm like Jurich overpaid Petrino.
The "bottom line" is Jurich got the guy he was after--and always did--while "Vince" face plants...

The "bottom line" is Jurich got the guy he was after--and always did--while "Vince" face plants...
Lol - I don’t think you’re really making the point that you think you are.

Petrino & Pitino.

Would have been significantly better had Jurich not gotten those guys. They collectively face planted the university.

Lol - I don’t think you’re really making the point that you think you are.

Petrino & Pitino.

Would have been significantly better had Jurich not gotten those guys. They collectively face planted the university.
As I call it, genius in hindsight.

As I call it, genius in hindsight.
Pretty sure Tom got paid millions of dollars to have the foresight to:

1. Not hire guys that would embarrass the university.

2. Fire guys that did embarrass the university.

He failed pretty hard in those two huge instances.

Changing your subject again? I might try that if I was proven naive...

What the hell are you talking about? The only thing you’ve proved today is that a couple cj writers were quoted as saying Brohm wouldn’t get a hometown discount, I guess that would matter if I cared what people such as Tim Sullivan said. You put too much stock into that guy, oh and Deener too.

Speaking of changing the suspect, every thread with you ends up dogging Tyra.

Last edited:
You don't know any of those numbers. It's just your story, kinda like what you try to conclude from a photo.

I’m not gonna hate on Tom just cause you’re a fanboy of his, Jurich did great things here, but Tom goofed on Petrino’s contract with the situation Petrino was in, Tom could have got him for less. As far as Tyra, he got Mack and he got CSS for a steal, pretty damned impressive. You, the guy who talks numbers and money ad nauseum on this site, should be proud of Tyra pulling Satterfield for that price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
What the hell are you talking about? The only thing you’ve proved today is that a couple cj writers were quoted as saying Brohm wouldn’t get a hometown discount, I guess that would matter if I cared what people such as Tim Sullivan said. You put too much stock into that guy, oh and Deener too.

Speaking of changing the suspect, every thread with you ends up dogging Tyra.
Originally, you claimed nobody discussed the "hometown discount" issue.

Now, it's nobody you respect.

Got it.

SerpentineGrandFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

And I'm gonna hate on people I like because you're a "Vince" apologist...
...Jurich did great things here, but Tom goofed on Petrino’s contract with the situation Petrino was in, Tom could have got him for less...
The same question I posed to the other apologist... Where was that pure genius in 2016 when Petrino's contract here was extended?

Oh yeah, nowhere.
...As far as Tyra, he got Mack and he got CSS for a steal, pretty damned impressive. You, the guy who talks numbers and money ad nauseum on this site, should be proud of Tyra pulling Satterfield for that price.
Mack and his ONE Elite Eight cost U of L 80% of what Pitino was paid with his HOF accomplishments. And Satterfield is already the 6th highest paid coach in the ACC with the same contract buyout as Brohm has and Petrino had.

I recognize a "steal", but I don't think it's in the direction that you do...

Got it.

You respect Tim Sullivan’s opinion? I’ll give Deener a little cred, he doesn’t tear down UofL at every chance. I don’t A) read the courier, nor B) listen to Deener, so no, I don’t remember people saying Brohm was going to receive a hometown discount. The point is, Brohm didn’t receive a “hometown discount”. UofL made him a good offer, and an offer they thought he was worth, so it’s a moot point you’re making, this really isn’t that hard to understand.

And I'm gonna hate on people I like because you're a "Vince" apologist...

The same question I posed to the other apologist... Where was that pure genius in 2016 when Petrino's contract here was extended?

Beings that you hate on Vince, he wasn’t hired as interim until 2017 the same year Jurich was let go, so I’m confused on what point you’re attempting to make here.

And I’m no Vince apologist, it’s not like I got a marker and scribbled some homemade sign and went down to UofL in support of him when he was hired. I do however think he’s doing a good job with the situation he came into, that being the b-ball problems and Petrino tanking.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPGhost
Mack and his ONE Elite Eight cost U of L 80% of what Pitino was paid with his HOF accomplishments. And Satterfield is already the 6th highest paid coach in the ACC with the same contract buyout as Brohm has and Petrino had.

I recognize a "steal", but I don't think it's in the direction that you do...

To your first point with Mack/Pitino, Mack did well here his first year, and had Pitino monitored his program a “little” closer he’d probably still be here, so again what’s your point? Mack has been universally accepted by the whole country as a great hire. Now did we over pay? I guess we’ll find out in time.

Did you expect us to get CSS for free? 6th highest paid coach in the ACC is far from eye popping. Brohm’s buyout was 5 million before Purdue raised it after his flirtations with us. I really don’t get why Purdue would raise Brohms contract at all since we were just offering him a “hometown discount.” As far as CSS buyout, you’re comparing apples to oranges Bubby, CSS did not have a black cloud hanging over him when UofL hired him.

Last edited:

Got it.

SerpentineGrandFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

I think it’s you that continues to chase your own tail of criticism of AD Tyra. As much as I believe AD Jurich was an outstanding AD that did wonderful things here, he wasn’t perfect. He screwed up by keeping Pitino when he should have been fired and he screwed up majorly with the buyout for Petrino. You can say what you want but AD Tyra simply followed the contractural agreement as written and approved by Tom Jurich. To continue your “worship” of Tom is ridiculous. He’s gone and he ain’t coming back. In fact, I believe he’d be embarassed by some of your continued criticism of his successor.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT