ADVERTISEMENT

FB Attendance for All Home Cards Games

Announced attendance is apparently not tickets sold. The weather Saturday will be a little off for the typical U of L crowd. We'll see.

Revenues are what matters anyway. And most of the revenues for this game have been banked in the numbers I already reported... LINK
"Revenues are what matters anyway." Then this includes conference revenue plus any other revenue like the L&N naming rights.

Go to the financials thread with your nonsense. Make sure to include your Covid data for comparison…
You told me before the revenues I mentioned did not matter. I in turn said revenue is revenue. The only tickets available for the game are resells by the various ticket sellers. Announced attendance does not apply. You never overlook a chance to add a negative to a Louisville positive.

Last edited:
Yep, it the UK game will be a sellout.

Very curious as to what this will look like on Saturday. I’m sure it will be our second highest attended game of the year behind only Notre Dame, but the way college programs sell tickets have changed in the last decade.

Does anybody else remember the uproar we used to get from season ticket holders when our AD would offer tickets at a discount in order to sell the last 4-5k tickets and increase game day attendance?

These days, athletic departments have a different solution that prevents negative publicity: selling their excess tickets to their corporate ticket re-selling partners at a deep discount.

Tickets for the UK game on Ticketmaster are a minimum of $150, which might make you think that the announced sellout means that the tickets are in very high demand, but when I go on Ticketmaster and select 8 tickets together, there are plenty of options at the 200 and 300 (flight deck) level. If ticket demand truly was at sellout level, then I wouldn’t be able to get 8 seats together.

I’m going to keep watching those prices, not because I’m going, but because I’m interested in this experiment. I expect those prices to drop below $100 as game day approaches.

Announced attendance is apparently not tickets sold. The weather Saturday will be a little off for the typical U of L crowd. We'll see.

Revenues are what matters anyway. And most of the revenues for this game have been banked in the numbers I already reported... LINK
I said there would be a sellout. You said “no”. A sellout has been announced. No-shows do not negate a sellout. I’m done with this.

Northwestern just released plans to downsize their stadium from 47k to around 35k. Had no idea a Big Ten school has that small of a stadium.

Reactions: PushupMan
Cheapest ticket today on Ticketmaster is $125, down from $150 yesterday. Also still able to get up to 8 tickets together.

Certainly, what can be considered progress this year is that weve had two games that were attractive enough to the ticket brokers that they went in and bought up all of the remaining tickets.

That most likely has put some additional funds in the athletic department’s bank account, dependjng of course on how much of a discount (if any) UofL gave those resellers.

I am not sure of the point of this because it doesn’t matter as there are many reasons people don’t attend games. The team is 10-1 playing their rival if it doesn’t sell out that is on the fans no one else.

Reactions: Mayoman
Cheapest ticket price today has fallen to $91. You can also get anywhere from 1-9 tickets together.

Northwestern just released plans to downsize their stadium from 47k to around 35k. Had no idea a Big Ten school has that small of a stadium.

With all of the revenue they are getting from the Big Ten TV contract, the downsize makes sense. No matter what they do, the incredible Big Ten TV contract is going to dwarf the ticket revenue and concessions. They will be able to use the extra space to create luxury seating options and add other amenities to make going to the game more of an event. Then with the reduced ticket availability, they will be able to increase the average ticket price significantly, even in years where they aren't very good.

Since this isn’t an online checkbook, there wouldn’t be, would there?

Come on, Mr Artist, two “sellouts”. You have to admit that’s progress. And yes, go ahead and give 100% of the credit to Jeff Brohm and none to the current AD or his bosses.
There's no question, more people are going through the "turnstiles" this year compared to last (which was abysmal).

But if it doesn't translate to more revenue, I'm not sure how to value it. Our Q1 revenues Y-O-Y are flat. Attendance is great to track, and I do it as well. Money is the bottom line...

Ticket prices have dropped another $10, to $81. Still able to get up to 9 tickets together.

No more $81 tickets today on Ticketmaster … the cheapest price (for two tickets) is now $90. The cheapest single seat is $94.

While attendance figures and ticket prices make interesting conversations or reinforce an agenda driven argument, more people show up for winning teams than losing teams. Not even sure how butts in seats at a stadium mean greater revenue than TV viewers and merchandise sales.

Or said another way. I’m old enough to remember when games were not televised until ticket sales reached a certain amount of stadium capacity. Yes, that was before cable TV, conferences having their own network or even flat screen TV. Can’t imagine a Card game not being televised because of low ticket sales.

While attendance figures and ticket prices make interesting conversations or reinforce an agenda driven argument, more people show up for winning teams than losing teams. Not even sure how butts in seats at a stadium mean greater revenue than TV viewers and merchandise sales.

Or said another way. I’m old enough to remember when games were not televised until ticket sales reached a certain amount of stadium capacity. Yes, that was before cable TV, conferences having their own network or even flat screen TV. Can’t imagine a Card game not being televised because of low ticket sales.
Those games way back used to all be really free too. Today, the vast majority of games require a subscription to something.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Final ticket price update: cheapest price dropped to $75 for 4 (section 241).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT