59,081 Notre Dame
52,319 Duke
49.945 Virginia Tech
44,628 Virginia
59,225 Kentucky

358,763 Total Attendance
51, 251 Average Attendance

Last edited:
Almost 51,000 per game on average. Not bad at all. Would be interesting to compare this to last year.

Yesterday was a perfect day for football and tailgating . We have a 7-1, top 15 team. It’s a 3;30 Saturday game with huge implications. To me, 49k is very disappointing.

For a lesser opponent it’s not too bad. We do show out for big games.

That said, any UL fan who gives, sells or otherwise transfers a ticket to a nutcase in blue deserves to be banned for life from ever receiving a ticket again.

Almost 51,000 per game on average. Not bad at all. Would be interesting to compare this to last year.
2018-2022 Attendance Average: 39,458.20
5-Year Filled Stadium Capacity 64.90%
2022 Average Attendance: 41,692
2022 Filled Stadium Capacity 68.57%

This five year average ranked #39 in the nation.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Yesterday was a perfect day for football and tailgating . We have a 7-1, top 15 team. It’s a 3;30 Saturday game with huge implications. To me, 49k is very disappointing.
I agree, but 3:30 times our tough for families with kids playing sports. I still expected better. Having said that the fans that did attend are our best fans and they are engaged and loud.

Reactions: HiStepper
The one thing about Satterfield that is undeniable is he lost a significant part of the fanbase. It will take some time to build the season ticket sales back to 46,000 or 47,000. They keep playing like they have at home that will happen sooner than later. Then add in the playoff factor where the season isn’t over after 1-2 losses. I expect season tickets to grow.

The main thing is the game atmosphere is fun. Need to keep tweaking music but it keeps the fans engaged when it is done right.

A perfect day gives some people a reason to do something else. We just won’t ever have a fan base that will fill that stadium on a weekly basis. I don’t know how many VPI&SU brought but it couldn’t have been many.

A perfect day gives some people a reason to do something else. We just won’t ever have a fan base that will fill that stadium on a weekly basis. I don’t know how many VPI&SU brought but it couldn’t have been many.
VT brought probably 400 at the outside best.

These are College Football News' rankings and attendance numbers. They saw absolutely no reason to seek your approval.
Well then, let's compile some numbers that mean something...

2015-2017: average 49,765 - 90% of capacity
2018-2021: 48,043 - 79% (three years excl. Covid)
2022: 41,692 - 68%
2023: 50,982 - 84%

Pretty bad trend until this year, although the ND game skews results. The Irish were on the home schedule in 2019, and we averaged 49,912 that season, a thousand less than this season.

Our biggest problem is we're down thousands of season ticket holders. That number needs to improve...

Pretty bad trend until this year, although the ND game skews results. The Irish were on the home schedule in 2019, and we averaged 49,912 that season, a thousand less than this season.

Our biggest problem is we're down thousands of season ticket holders. That number needs to improve...
There are bigger problems. But we DO want a couple thousand more season tickets.

I'm not picking at anything related to football at the moment. IMO it disrespects the great job that Jeff Brohm and his guys have done and makes you sound ungrateful.

If build on the present means to shorten my focus as far as time, that ain't happening. That's a big problem with our current athletics culture at U of L. Except for cherry picked exceptions like Denny Crum, they want us to believe that our history started around 2017. And esp. for old timers who lived through it, we know how many great accomplishments that athletics demonstrated prior to 2017.

This department has a long way to go, and I'm not humming a different tune to make myself and others feel happy...

Who is constantly talking problems other than you? Thousands are enjoying what is happening on the field inspite of any attendance or financial woes. Maybe you are not. Oldhamcard posted "Almost 51,000 per game on average. Not bad at all. Would be interesting to compare this to last year." I replied to his post with some info from CFN. He appreciated it but you did not so what is new about that? No one appointed you the curator of the board when it comes to data. You take every opportunity to be negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: rh62531
Who is constantly talking problems other than you? Thousands are enjoying what is happening on the field inspite of any attendance or financial woes. Maybe you are not. Oldhamcard posted "Almost 51,000 per game on average. Not bad at all. Would be interesting to compare this to last year." I replied to his post with some info from CFN. He appreciated it but you did not so what is new about that? No one appointed you the curator of the board when it comes to data. You take every opportunity to be negative.
I take every opportunity to be accurate with data. The rest is your opinion. I like this message board exactly the way it is…

VT brought probably 400 at the outside best.
I dunno - I got there early and walked on the visiting side and saw a bunch of VT fans. Looking across from my seats during the game, I would have guessed closer to 1000 just in those designated areas. Either way - not a super impressive turnout from them.

So who do we blame for our increased attendance ?

Reactions: BPGhost
Good turnout of fans here in Cincy tonite. Of course, this is women’s basketball.

I’m sure 2nd & Main is rocking about now…

Looks to me like we’re outperforming all of the other periods you cite here including the 2015-2017 period which included the Lamar years. So yeah, these numbers mean something, they mean we’re doing better than any time since 2015.

I take every opportunity to be accurate with data. The rest is your opinion. I like this message board exactly the way it is…
Who are you to judge whether or not data is accurate? It appears your criteria is that if you did not provide it then it is inaccurate.

Reactions: BPGhost
Looks to me like we’re outperforming all of the other periods you cite here including the 2015-2017 period which included the Lamar years. So yeah, these numbers mean something, they mean we’re doing better than any time since 2015.
I'd slow my roll on "doing better" just yet. Like I said, you don't get a home game with ND every year. Let's allow the numbers to keep coming in...

Who are you to judge whether or not data is accurate? It appears your criteria is that if you did not provide it then it is inaccurate.
My "criteria" is understanding a meaningless data point such as attendance when it was artificially limited to 20% of capacity.

Ask next time if you need any help with basic data analysis...

My "criteria" is understanding a meaningless data point such as attendance when it was artificially limited to 20% of capacity.

Ask next time if you need any help with basic data analysis...
Tell your sob data story to CFN. They compiled these "meaningless data points" for 113 schools over five years. The data was meaningful for their article. They too did not seek your approval of their data and "your understanging of it."

Pretty sure most of the members of this site took a college statistics class somewhere other than “Taco University”. They also understand the difference between data and agenda.
Not that your opinion of my academic background matters, but for the record, I have Masters degrees in engineering and business from U of L. Somewhere in there, I learned what a valid data point is…

Tell your sob data story to CFN. They compiled these "meaningless data points" for 113 schools over five years. The data was meaningful for their article. They too did not seek your approval of their data and "your understanging of it."
Lazy journalists, not qualified analysts. Republishing bad data doesn’t absolve you of the responsibility for that. Understand what you’re doing…

Lazy journalists, not qualified analysts. Republishing bad data doesn’t absolve you of the responsibility for that. Understand what you’re doing…
What makes you think everything you post is the end all for information? Lazy journalism is taking all your 'broken record" post as the end all for Louisville. Many of Louisville's sports programs are successful with the 'clowns" in charge. Thousands of journalist report sports stories. Yours are not the end all for the facts.

What makes you think everything you post is the end all for information? Lazy journalism is taking all your 'broken record" post as the end all for Louisville. Many of Louisville's sports programs are successful with the 'clowns" in charge. Thousands of journalist report sports stories. Yours are not the end all for the facts.
"End all" is your description. I publish data fully referenced in a format that means something like a direct comparison. I've got more experience analyzing data than the average person.

Journalists are not trained in discriminating good data and bad. They're good at CITING data from other sources. Avoid that caveat yourself...

"End all" is your description. I publish data fully referenced in a format that means something like a direct comparison. I've got more experience analyzing data than the average person.

Journalists are not trained in discriminating good data and bad. They're good at CITING data from other sources. Avoid that caveat yourself...
Well in that case . . .
Gold Medal Good Job GIF by StickerGiant

Reactions: chevelle99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT