ADVERTISEMENT

Even A Blind Squirrel Can Find A Nut Occasionally.

FredCard

No-Ranking Prospect
Nov 22, 2022
Sorry, but I can't find joy in this win. Knowing that this coaching staff might return next year is not something that I can accept. We will only be on the outside looking in with our program. Our once great program will be destroyed if that happens. And that saddens me.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
...Knowing that this coaching staff might return next year is not something that I can accept...Our once great program will be destroyed if that happens...
Where exactly do you think we are now? You think one more year of this matters??...

Hell yes it does!
How does it matter specifically? We lost a thousand in attendance this year. We might lose a thousand more next year.

We lost FOUR thousand from Pitino to Padgett--in one year.

You wanna pay $6 million to Payne plus a new coach's buyout, if applicable, for those thousand fans you might lose? Sounds like kind of a steep cost esp. when money is hard to get.

You do realize this all comes down to money, right?...

Sadly, I believe the majority of UL BB fans are clueless as to how we found ourselves in this position.

I watched part of the Kansas win yesterday over Houston, and was particularly impressed with the size and the exuberance of the Jayhawk home crowd that lavished support on their team. I could not help but think back to those many games at the YUM! during the Pitino era, where the attendance and the exuberance was just as impressive.

It led me to think about the stark differences in the manner in which the University of Kansas Administration stood by their AD and HC, at the same time the UL Administration threw our AD and HC out the door.

Look at where Kansas BB is now, and where we are.

You two are exhausting. Kansas wasn’t the same because of the strippers. You do realize the NCAA took away a title for $250 and morality.

God, none of the other programs were caught up in the FBI mess were on probation and just had their national title removed. You both are both using the results to prove your point. The fact is you didn’t know what the NCAA was going to do. You had no idea how the new enforcement arm was going to react. You had no idea it was going to 5 years. You had no idea that enforcement arm would lose its teeth by year 5. If you think Pitino walked away from 20M because he wanted to be nice or it was strategic, you are delusional.

Back to reality. Magical nights happen. These are college kids they are like yo-yo’s.
Our Yo-Yo’s just have been tangled up for majority of the year.

Here is what I see. The freshman are competitors. They are fearless. Need to keep them. Trey White and Clark need to go or figure out team basketball offensively or defensively. BHH is becoming a competitor but KP leaves I doubt he stays. I like James he needs more discipline. He probably leaves with a coaching change.

I hate repeating myself this is why he had to be at least .500 this year. It would of totally changed the vibe. You can see the talent but coaching is still a mess.

You two are exhausting. Kansas wasn’t the same because of the strippers. You do realize the NCAA took away a title for $250 and morality.

God, none of the other programs were caught up in the FBI mess were on probation and just had their national title removed. You both are both using the results to prove your point. The fact is you didn’t know what the NCAA was going to do. You had no idea how the new enforcement arm was going to react. You had no idea it was going to 5 years. You had no idea that enforcement arm would lose its teeth by year 5. If you think Pitino walked away from 20M because he wanted to be nice or it was strategic, you are delusional.

Back to reality. Magical nights happen. These are college kids they are like yo-yo’s.
Our Yo-Yo’s just have been tangled up for majority of the year.

Here is what I see. The freshman are competitors. They are fearless. Need to keep them. Trey White and Clark need to go or figure out team basketball offensively or defensively. BHH is becoming a competitor but KP leaves I doubt he stays. I like James he needs more discipline. He probably leaves with a coaching change.

I hate repeating myself this is why he had to be at least .500 this year. It would of totally changed the vibe. You can see the talent but coaching is still a mess.
You are wasting your time trying to reach out to those guys in a serious manner. Zipp is just a prolific troll. Who knows why, who cares. The #'s poster is just a sanctimonious out of touch old man yelling at clouds. He has no respect for any post that is not aligned to his own. When they start owning him he just puts 'em on ignore.

The OP seems fine, he's just venting occasionally.

The other 2 are just hanging out at the Nursing Home shouting at the staff complaining their food is cold.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Agreed. Young guys are going to be up and down. In today's landscape it's unlikely you can build through youth with the portal threat.

It's possible a KP strength could be the relationship building with core players he values (James & BHH) and an ability to retain them, and see if that would carry over with TyLaur, Tre, and Skyy. Looking at the guys that transferred, out, they are mostly sucking so it's about the only positive I can find with this staff in that regard.

We just don't know, and he lost so many games fans just want him gone and don't want to find out. But, he's still here. We'll see what happens in the Spring. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
I think the reality is he won’t be back. Everyone will be happy until next year when we have an entirely new roster. Everyone assumes it will go smoothly. Good chance it doesn’t because it literally is a crap shoot in the portal. Even if they land Beard, Drew or Musselman that 1st year could be a mess or be great. The only thing we are confident is it won’t be worse until they go 15-15.

According to almost everyone Arkansas killed it in the portal. This is his worst year. It just didn’t work.

It's hard to say what's going to happen with the HC position. Alleged reliable sources had him gone after last year, then after Thanksgiving, then after the UK game, etc. So it feels like we are all just guessing. We won't have to wait much longer to get the answers.

According to almost everyone Arkansas killed it in the portal. This is his worst year. It just didn’t work.
I think that's going to be the big challenge with the portal, bringing in guys that jell as a team. A lot of guys are in the portal because they are "me" first kinda guys.

I don't have any insider info, but I think how these individual games turn out isn't going to tilt it one way or the other. It all depends on what UofL's admin wants to do. Do they want Kenny back, or not?

If they want him back, they can point to the injuries, and that Year 0 thing Kenny gave them.

If they want Kenny gone, they can use the losses as cover.

The good news for fans is they can't hide Kenny if he's back like they're hiding everything right now. He's either back or fired. So we'll know where we stand as fans in a few weeks.

I think that's going to be the big challenge with the portal, bringing in guys that jell as a team. A lot of guys are in the portal because they are "me" first kinda guys.
Over the years, I've gotten to know quite a few players. The old way, they just wanted to play. It wasn't so much about themselves as it was about wanting to be a part of it. So if they felt buried on a bench, then they would seek another spot.

Now, you do include finances. That's an extra variable and I have no idea how any HC can sustain anything unless they are funneled the top players every year. We do see that, but the HCs of those programs are weak in substance.

Reactions: Cardiac Red

God, none of the other programs were caught up in the FBI mess were on probation and just had their national title removed...
I don't give damn about the NCAA. Exhausting are people who ignore where this program was the minute before Jurich and Pitino were broomed out.

We averaged 20,846 fans per game for the 2016-2017 season. Now we regularly get a few thousand ticket scans.

In FY2017, we booked $21.1 million in ticket and suite sales, parking and concessions. In Mack's last season, that total was down to $15.8 million, a decline of $5.4 million per year.

If we use real dollars (inflation adjusted), the decline is now $6.5-7.0 million annually.

All of those results were AFTER Sypher, Porcini's, Massiello, McGee, Powell, and any other baggage you wanna dredge up.

We didn't have to do jack to stay on the road we were on. The reason we're struggling with the Kenny Payne situation is precisely because of the road we have chosen. We're not victims of anything; we created this huge mess...

We all know where we were the minute up to Jurich and Pitino were fired. Let's not blame hurricane pitino for the damage, just the incompetent clean-up crew. Got it.

We all know where we were the minute up to Jurich and Pitino were fired. Let's not blame hurricane pitino for the damage, just the incompetent clean-up crew. Got it.
No rational person can blame people who aren't here and haven't been here for almost seven years...

No rational person can blame people who aren't here and haven't been here for almost seven years...
Cause and effect. Pitino screwed up and we have been paying for it since with bad hires and worse management. Pretty easy to figure out where this mole hill found the impetus to become a mountain of garbage.

Cause and effect. Pitino screwed up and we have been paying for it since with bad hires and worse management. Pretty easy to figure out where this mole hill found the impetus to become a mountain of garbage.
MISPLACED cause and effect. And you must have hired some read duds in the aftermath...

MISPLACED cause and effect. And you must have hired some read duds in the aftermath...
So you are the sole arbiter of how all this happened? Pitino did nothing wrong, ran a clean program or more than likely had plausible deniability. Everything after the wrongful termination of j&p had nothing to do with what happened before. Now that is misplaced.

Reactions: Art79
Out of context, of course.

I pointed out that @chevelle99 was OK taking down the 2013 banner. His own testimony. That made him a U of L pu$$y.

And if you wanna start a poll--you probably do--I suspect most here would agree with that. So it wasn't even a controversial take.

Surely you can find better evidence than that against me...
Quit stalking me troll.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
So you are the sole arbiter of how all this happened? Pitino did nothing wrong, ran a clean program or more than likely had plausible deniability. Everything after the wrongful termination of j&p had nothing to do with what happened before. Now that is misplaced.
No I’m relying on the FBI and the NCAA (no findings of wrongdoing) and thousands of fans that talked with their feet, standing behind Pitino and U of L until the end.

And then they started bolting, and haven’t stopped. Only a few people here still in denial…

DYK that squirrels are the forest planters of the world. they bury so many tree nuts/seeds that they never can find them all and thus the buried nuts turn into new trees. the nut's won't grow unless they get buried so far all the gruff squirrels get, they create shade, purify the air and make the world a cleaner more beautiful place.

maybe KP is the blind squirrel and some of the nuts are finally beginning to sprout (wow, how's that for an analogy)

Reactions: chevelle99
I remember in the movie “Up” how all the dogs reacted when one said “Squirrel !” Funny stuff.

Not as funny as someone saying I (@chevelle99 ) agreed with the decision of the NCAA to deny our tournament championship. But close. Merely pointed out that they did.

Would also remind that individual that Tom and Rick are not the people to fellate if you really want the cloth back.

I remember in the movie “Up” how all the dogs reacted when one said “Squirrel !” Funny stuff.

Not as funny as someone saying I (@chevelle99 ) agreed with the decision of the NCAA to deny our tournament championship. But close. Merely pointed out that they did.

Would also remind that individual that Tom and Rick are not the people to fellate if you really want the cloth back.
No, you tried to use the banner's removal as evidence to support your position/argument. You'll have to explain to everyone the distinction.

The banner means nothing to me except to commemorate the clowns who removed it and want it kept in storage...

"The banner means nothing to me except to commemorate the clowns who removed it and want it kept in storage..."

Pitino was a clown to not monitor his staff like he should have. Just think where we would be if he was a tad more diligent. Poor Jurich, just a victim of the clown show.

It appears almost everyone else understands my position perfectly. Could care less about those who do not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT