ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Classic: Louisville vs Indiana Game Thread

Shot selection is going to be a concern but the guys are confident right now, so we're going to have to live with some bad shot decisions.

Going back to the dribble drive that we excel at and it doesn't seem to be working like it never has

Too many missed open shots and missed free throws. We just have to recognize when to take shots and when to wait for a better one.

No idea why Zan Payne is getting any PT. Crazy!!!!

Some really bad shot selection hurt the Cards. Move the ball and improve shot selection… Cards win this game.

Reactions: brennenb62
Payne getting this much time, over freshman like Evans, Glenn, and Williams is absolutely unacceptable. I don’t care if he’s practicing like Michael Jordan. Absolutely unacceptable behavior from KP
Behavior? Maybe its questionable to play him over someone else, but behavior suggests there's some kind of ill intent by playing him. Do you believe he's playing him because he's his son and not because he's next in line at that position?

Behavior? Maybe its questionable to play him over someone else, but behavior suggests there's some kind of ill intent by playing him. Do you believe he's playing him because he's his son and not because he's next in line at that position?
I want to hear Payne's reasons for playing him. It's a guaranteed handicap for his own team going 4 on 5.

Reactions: brennenb62
You think Payne is more talented or offers more on the court than anyone on our bench other than another walk on?

Evans played 5 minutes. I’d rather evans sit in the middle with his hands up not moving than play zan Payne 10 minutes

Keep missing bunnies.

The lack of defense and offensive execution will prevent then from beating good or most decent teams.

@reggis1

You think Payne is more talented or offers more on the court than anyone on our bench other than another walk on?

Evans played 5 minutes. I’d rather evans sit in the middle with his hands up not moving than play zan Payne 10 minutes
You all are acting like this is something new with coaches. I remember Pitino doing this, Crum doing it. I mean how long is Payne in the game for? He hasn't taken a shot or done anything negative I can recall.

Maybe KP is doing some coaching? Maybe he's sending a message to a certain player? If he wasn't the son of the coach, a lot of people wouldn't be bothered.

Fans are looking for reasons to complain because we're all so frustrated and pissed at what has happened. It's so prevalent, almost half of fans were downplaying the game against Texas.

Zan Payne didn't cost us that game and is not the reason we're losing against IU. What I'm seeing is progress that I didn't expect this weekend. We're probably going to lose both games, but there's a whole lot more I'm excited for than upset Payne plays 2 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT