ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Classic: Louisville vs Texas Game Thread

Texas is athletic and can shoot the 3. If the Cards do not defend better, this one could get away from them. I’m hoping Texas is off from 3.

It’s a tough matchup. Texas has solid guards and an efficient offense. Move the ball and shoot the 3 well… Cards defense will have a major test today.

I still think the Cards may keep this closer than most think. Close being 10 to 15.

It’s a tough matchup. Texas has solid guards and an efficient offense. Move the ball and shoot the 3 well… Cards defense will have a major test today.

I still think the Cards may keep this closer than most think. Close being 10 to 15.
If the Cards are able to keep it to 10 or less I would be somewhat pleasantly surprised. Of course losing always sucks but it wouldn't be quite as embarrassing for them. And it would show some improvement.

I agree on losing by 10 being a moral victory but it would have to be by talent alone. With the lack of anything looking like a functional offense I'm not sure. 17.5 seems awful low for the spread

I agree on losing by 10 being a moral victory but it would have to be by talent alone. With the lack of anything looking like a functional offense I'm not sure. 17.5 seems awful low for the spread
Based on their in season tournament performance last year, and what I've seen this year, I agree that spread seems a bit low.

Cards actually look like a normal team. Maybe not a good team, but not the I don't know what I'm doing team.

How long this will last is the question?

Reactions: shadow force
BHH is looking pretty good so far. He's hustling and rebounding and hit a 3. If he could develop a post game he could be a big factor

Besides that last turnover Cards actually look like a competent team so far. I just keep waiting for the wheels to fall off though. I can't help feeling that

A very solid 1st half. Mixed in some zone. The zone was not very effective but was nice to see a different look defensively.

Offensively, showed some patience good ball movement for most of the half.

Sloppy end to the half.

Last edited:
A very solid 1st half. Mixed in some zone. The zone was not very effective but was nice to see a different look defensively.

Offensively, showed some patients and good ball movement for most of the half.

Sloppy end to the half.
I said this on another thread, but zone and I love it. Make them make tough jumpers.

Like the effort from the team. Ty needs to play a lot more

If the Cards just correct a couple of those sloppy plays and hustle EVERY play, especially on defense, they could be leading this game.

That end of half no one going to inbound the ball is inexcusable and lazy or careless as hell

I'm finding it hard to believe they figured all this out over the last week, because this doesn't resemble anything close to what has been the norm for the last year.

Now I know moral victories have always been frowned on, but there is none of that with this game. No one saw Louisville being competitive against Texas with what has been witnessed the past year.

It's like they're a total different group of players. Maybe getting away from the Yum center and its cemetery atmosphere was what these guys needed?

One thing is for sure, it doesn't matter if we suck or we're great, the refs will always screw us over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT