ADVERTISEMENT

Empire Classic: Louisville vs Indiana Game Thread

How about the three freshmen?! Ty-Laur can REALLY hoop, Glenn plays hard and smart, Williams can hit shots. Impressive group of guys.

You all are acting like this is something new with coaches. I remember Pitino doing this, Crum doing it. I mean how long is Payne in the game for? He hasn't taken a shot or done anything negative I can recall.

Maybe KP is doing some coaching? Maybe he's sending a message to a certain player? If he wasn't the son of the coach, a lot of people wouldn't be bothered.

Fans are looking for reasons to complain because we're all so frustrated and pissed at what has happened. It's so prevalent, almost half of fans were downplaying the game against Texas.

Zan Payne didn't cost us that game and is not the reason we're losing against IU. What I'm seeing is progress that I didn't expect this weekend. We're probably going to lose both games, but there's a whole lot more I'm excited for than upset Payne plays 2 minutes.
Zan sure didn't help either. They were playing 4 on 5

Now here is where coaching comes into it and KP has failed. Johnson needs to be in the game and twice he could of called timeout and got him in.

Instead, we're down 4 and it's probably all but over.

Reactions: Deeva
Teams will continue to zone Louisville so the 3 point shot has to improve. KP should of had Williams in as he's the only real shooter.

Tough loss. Both games were very winnable. At least we look to be able to compete in P5 basketball this year. Obviously we need wins, but it feels good to watch competitive basketball again

Let that one slip away. Out-coached down the stretch. Nice move by Woodson to go zone. KP needs to focus on zone offense. Cards are going to see a lot of it.

I hate to call out one player but Clark hurt the Cards tonight. Ball sticks with him a little too long.

Reactions: shadow force
I think the bigger issue is they had no clue how to go at the zone. They aren’t built to deal with a zone either. Not exactly loaded with shooters.

Defense is still bad especially their interior defense. If you are going to switch your guards have to defend the post. They can’t give in.

Better but it is still a loss and that is all that matters.

It was nice seeing all those UConn fans rooting against us. Still salty after all these years. No matter who our coach is.

Reactions: BPGhost
We could have won if Zan was in the game more!!

Seriously, I love these kids and we have some talent. Wonder how good we might be with a coach who knew what he was doing. If I had to guess, I would say the change is that KP has just turned them loose rather than dictate his culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT