ADVERTISEMENT

ELVIS has left the building...with 105.5 sacks

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
Dumervil Retires 26th on all time sack list with 105.5

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24523321/veteran-de-elvis-dumervil-step-away-nfl

Elvis Dumervil, who recorded 105.5 sacks over his 12-year NFL career, has decided to "step away" from the NFL to focus on his family and his off-the-field business, he announced Thursday on Twitter.

"After spending a great deal of time talking to my family and prayerfully considering what's next in my career, I have made the difficult decision to step away from the NFL at this time," Dumervil said in his post. "It's been an incredible 12-year run."

View image on Twitter

Elvis Dumervil

Dumervil was selected in the fourth round of the 2006 draft by the Denver Broncos, with whom he spent seven seasons. He also played four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens before joining the San Francisco 49ers in 2017.

The 34-year-old defensive end was a five-time Pro Bowler, a two-time All-Pro selection and led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009. He ranks 26th all-time with his 105.5 sacks.

Dumervil led the 49ers with 6.5 sacks in 2017, but the team decided not to pick up his option for the 2018 season. Last season, Dumervil became the 32nd player to reach the 100-sack milestone since sacks became an official statistic in 1982 and the first player under 6-foot-1 to do so. He also joined John Abraham as the only players to record at least a half-sack against all 32 NFL teams.

"My body still feels great," Dumervil wrote in the post, "and I know I can still help a team win. I will miss being on the field, particularly on Sundays. But I also have a wife and two young children who need me and a real estate business that I can now turn my attention to full time.

"Football was certainly a huge part of my life but it wasn't my entire life. I look forward to my next chapter with no regrets."

Dumervil also tallied 262 tackles, forced 23 fumbles with 13 recoveries and had an interception during his NFL career.

Broncos, rather his agent screwed him out of a Superbowl ring.

Elvis will get some Hall of Fame votes, but will probably fall short.

Easily top 5 defensive player at UofL.
Never will forget his 6 sack game at SuCkS.

Great career at UofL and the NFL Elvis !

Broncos, rather his agent screwed him out of a Superbowl ring.

Elvis will get some Hall of Fame votes, but will probably fall short.

Easily top 5 defensive player at UofL.
Never will forget his 6 sack game at SuCkS.

Great career at UofL and the NFL Elvis !

College Hall of Fame for sure...Pro Football Hall of Fame either way...his career was much like recent Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductee Robert Brazile...he had to wait a long time but eventually got in....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT