ADVERTISEMENT

Denny Crum versus Rick Pitino?

Given inflation, those 1950 $100 handshakes for Groza, Beard, Barnstable, Spivey etc., are worth more than $1000 (per game) today. Three championships that should clearly be vacated.
Are those the same as the point shaving titles?...

Reactions: wilkie01
If Donald Swain and Bill Olsen didn't wanna defend the removal of Crum's banners, he might be short one or two as well.

(Translated... It ain't all about the head coach.)
You spew hatred with almost every post. So many on this board understand why things happened the way they did. You continue to write your own narrative
Only Ky fans say UCLA paid their players and John Wooden was a slimeball. Their jealousy of UCLA being in front of them in titles is something those people just can't stand. It irks them with every fiber of their being. Plus, recently UCLA has owned them, even won in coRuppt.
I am a true UK fan. I met John Wooden when I was a very young man. I still think he is the greatest coach of all time in college basketball. I have no problem with their championships although I would like for us to surpass their total.

Reactions: MikeMcCammon
You spew hatred with almost every post. So many on this board understand why things happened the way they did. You continue to write your own narrative

I am a true UK fan...
And you know how sensitive I am to what others think, esp. a slapd!ck...

BobbylovesLPT_zpsf5524873.jpg

Reactions: Cue Card and gocds
Only Ky fans say UCLA paid their players and John Wooden was a slimeball. Their jealousy of UCLA being in front of them in titles is something those people just can't stand. It irks them with every fiber of their being. Plus, recently UCLA has owned them, even won in coRuppt.
You say that only UK fans say that UCLA paid their players & that John Wooden was a slimeball.... Are you serious? Bill Walton, ever heard of him? Walton said that if the NCAA would have investigated UCLA during the 60's or 70's. That they would put UCLA on probation for a hundred years.

Reactions: American Male
You say that only UK fans say that UCLA paid their players & that John Wooden was a slimeball.... Are you serious? Bill Walton, ever heard of him? Walton said that if the NCAA would have investigated UCLA during the 60's or 70's. That they would put UCLA on probation for a hundred years.

Sam Gilbert was a booster who provided players with money, clothes, food, etc. while they were at UCLA. To my knowledge, nobody has ever alleged that he was involved in the recruiting process or that the UCLA coaches used Gilbert in any way. And, that type of arrangement (boosters providing favors to players) was relatively common back in those days and certainly happened at many (probably most) big time programs.

Now, maybe it happened more at UCLA than other places. And, maybe Wooden looked the other way. But, I really don't like the narrative that he was the "biggest cheater" in the game, or whatever UK fans (and others) say about him to discredit him.

I don’t give a hoot about a Ky fans opinion on a UofL site. Go pound bricks.

Bill Walton is a proven “angry” person. He WOULD NOT have said that to Wooden’s face because he is just like most uahkay cayut fans, ignorant. UCLA is number one, period. Uahkay fans need to be worried about UNC or Duke catching up with them rathe than UCLA’s titles.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Slappies will say about anything to make themselves look better. It's in their training and maybe genetics...
We also do not use pictures of a has been for our avatar. You are a creepy man. Talk about UK fans or any other fan base all you want but you are one creeped out individual. I haven't encountered anyone on any other board that is as willfully ignorant and arrogant as you are. 35000+ posts. What is up with that?

We also do not use pictures of a has been for our avatar. You are a creepy man. Talk about UK fans or any other fan base all you want but you are one creeped out individual. I haven't encountered anyone on any other board that is as willfully ignorant and arrogant as you are. 35000+ posts. What is up with that?

This is a UofL site. Zipp can say or do anything he wants on a UofL site. Now if he were over on his rivals site questioning why people were so “mean” to his favorite school/team..... that would be creepy/arrogant. See where I’m going with this, Ky fan on a UofL site? :D

Last edited:
I was about to ask the same thing about 4 posts... :p

I was about to ask the same thing about 4 posts... :p
Obviously, I rarely post on this site. I visit occasionally because Louisville was a team I pulled for back in the Crum years. I may do so again with Mack as coach. I am UK through and through though. If I spent the time to post over 35000 times on a message board as you have I would probably be nutty too.

You're a slapd!ck?? No.......NO.......
If that's what you call a UK fan then yes, to you, I am. You, I am sure, make your middle school very proud with all the witty names you have for people.

This is a UofL site. Zipp can say or do anything he wants on a UofL site. Now if he were over on his rivals site questioning why people were so “mean” to his favorite school/team..... that would be creepy/arrogant. See where I’m going with this, Ky fan on a UofL site? :D
Yep. I am a KY fan but I am rather excited about the future for UL. I was a big Denny Crum fan. I understand a change needed to be made when he was put out to pasture but a younger Jurich made a deal with the devil when he hired Pitino. Great coach, terrible man. Much like Bob Knight. I am relieved that I can actually say, I pull for your team now. Except for one game a year.

Yep. I am a KY fan but I am rather excited about the future for UL. I was a big Denny Crum fan. I understand a change needed to be made when he was put out to pasture but a younger Jurich made a deal with the devil when he hired Pitino. Great coach, terrible man. Much like Bob Knight. I am relieved that I can actually say, I pull for your team now. Except for one game a year.

I don’t care....you lost me after “yep, I’m a Ky fan....”

"Great coach terrible man" sounds like Adolph Rupp. Yet you claim his accomplishments?

"Much like Bob Knight"? Please explain this analogy.

What does Tom Jurich age have anything to do with a "deal with the devil"? After all, we didnt hire Billy Gillespie or Eddie Sutton. We hired your former coach. He had to be to be a saint since he was previously employed by U of K.

Why are you releived you can pull for "our team" now? Were you not pulling for "your team" while Pitino was your coach? Perhaps you are now ashamed of your 1996 banner. I suggest your team take it down as it is now soiled according to your logic.

"Great coach terrible man" sounds like Adolph Rupp. Yet you claim his accomplishments?

"Much like Bob Knight"? Please explain this analogy.

What does Tom Jurich age have anything to do with a "deal with the devil"? After all, we didnt hire Billy Gillespie or Eddie Sutton. We hired your former coach. He had to be to be a saint since he was previously employed by U of K.

Why are you releived you can pull for "our team" now? Were you not pulling for "your team" while Pitino was your coach? Perhaps you are now ashamed of your 1996 banner. I suggest your team take it down as it is now soiled according to your logic.
I did pull for my team when was Pitino was coach. I also pulled for the team when Tubby and Gillespie sat on the bench. I didn't think they compared with Pitino from a coaching standpoint. Obviously Billy Gillespie was a very bad hire. I was more than ready for Pitino to leave. I really just got sick of him preening for the cameras and filling each spring with ,will I take a pro job or not. I , along with others at that time, was nauseated by his self adoration. That's about it.
Rupp didn't have any of the issues that Pitino had. I am not sure what you are referring to with him.

I did pull for my team when was Pitino was coach. I also pulled for the team when Tubby and Gillespie sat on the bench. I didn't think they compared with Pitino from a coaching standpoint. Obviously Billy Gillespie was a very bad hire. I was more than ready for Pitino to leave. I really just got sick of him preening for the cameras and filling each spring with ,will I take a pro job or not. I , along with others at that time, was nauseated by his self adoration. That's about it.
Rupp didn't have any of the issues that Pitino had. I am not sure what you are referring to with him.

You have got to be kidding me.

Pitino is "bad" because he preened and self promoted at U of K. He also left U of K with a ton if talent. Enough talent that even Tubby could win a championship with them. You happily claim that title, even though the players were recruited by a "bad" coach.

Rupp is "good" even though he prefered white players that shaved points.

You never gave any reasons why Knight was "bad" even though you insinuate it. Why was he "bad"? You threw him in the mix with Jurich & pitino, so they must have something "bad" in common. What is it then?

Sounds to me like coaches can be "good" only if they coach at U of K. If they coach any place else and do the same things they did while at U of K, then they are "bad".

BTW, how do you feel about John Wooden and Dukes current head coach?

Pitino is "bad" because he preened and self promoted at U of K. He also left U of K with a ton if talent. Enough talent that even Tubby could win a championship with them. You happily claim that title, even though the players were recruited by a "bad" coach.

You never gave any reasons why Knight was "bad" even though you insinuate it. Why was he "bad"? You threw him in the mix with Jurich & pitino, so they must have something "bad" in common. What is it then?

Sounds to me like coaches can be "good" only if they coach at U of K. If they coach any place else and do the same things they did while at U of K, then they are "bad".

“Wooden, Coach K baaaad! Rupp, Ky Pitino gooooood” — sk73

:D

I didn't say Knight was a bad coach, I said he was not a good man. In my opinion he was a total asshole. You do not have to agree.
I was not a Billy Gillespie fan and although tubby seemed to be a great fellow, I was not impressed with his work ethic.
John Wooden. greatest coach ever/
Coach K, not a fan, but 2nd best coach ever.
Adolph Rupp, built UK to be UK. His time was one of segregation. Had UK lost to Duke in the semifinals in 1966 he would be thought of differently. Duke would have played Texas Western for the championship. Duke had an all white roster. It was the times. I am glad those times are from long ago.

That's not what was said.

You seem to be a liar or one that is not smart enough to have a conversation. I have never said that Coach Wooden was bad. I admire him as a coach and after meeting him many years ago, I admire him as a person.

That's not what was said.

You seem to be a liar or one that is not smart enough to have a conversation. I have never said that Coach Wooden was bad. I admire him as a coach and after meeting him many years ago, I admire him as a person.

You’re a Ky fan. I really don’t give a crap about you, your school, or your opinion. You seem to want to wave Ky in all our faces on a UofL site but can’t understand why we don’t like you. You seem to be a liar or not smart enough to get the hint that we don’t give a crap about Ky over here. Get a life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT