ADVERTISEMENT

Could This Lead To Getting 2013 Title Back?

It's a step in the right direction. If UofL were to ever regrow balls and make a case, they could use this as an argument. Precedent has been set.
Josh needs to get on this now. Of course, the Heisman committee is one thing, the NCAA is another. They NEVER admit they were wrong.

Some of you may not have been following, but this has already happened here and did not change a thing.

Luke Hancock got his Most Outstanding Player award reinstated in 2019, even though the banner is still down. And that was an actual NCAA tournament award, the Heisman is separate.

So this changes nothing in regards to the banners.

Some of you may not have been following, but this has already happened here and did not change a thing.

Luke Hancock got his Most Outstanding Player award reinstated in 2019, even though the banner is still down. And that was an actual NCAA tournament award, the Heisman is separate.

So this changes nothing in regards to the banners.
It represents a shift now that NIL plays a role in college sports. There are no longer impermissible benefits, which UofL got dinged on. Like I said, it's a step in the right direction. UofL may not want to take the lead on this, but let's wait and see what other colleges and players do who've been penalized for things that are now permissible.

It represents a shift now that NIL plays a role in college sports. There are no longer impermissible benefits, which UofL got dinged on. Like I said, it's a step in the right direction. UofL may not want to take the lead on this, but let's wait and see what other colleges and players do who've been penalized for things that are now permissible.
this decisuon did not reinstate any of USC’s wins. It reinstated an award, which already happened here when Luke won his lawsuit in 2019 and got his awards back. So USC technically followed Luke’s lead. They still haven’t ruled the NCAA is compelled to reinstate anything.

the Heisman trust is separate from the NCAA. They made this decision on their own. They ruled that because NIL is legal now, that Reggie getting money from agents shouldn’t take away his on the field achievements. The NCAA hasn’t had to reinstate a single win.

Unless we just put it up ourselves, nothing has changed. Which we should just put it up and say who cares and make them do something to us. But, this Heisman decision is a much different thing than making the NCAA reinstate wins and also then the discussion if Katina Powell was considered NIL because even under the rules now, that wouldn’t fly.

Whenever the NCAA declares that schools (or their NIL collectives) are allowed to provide prostitutes as entertainment on visits, then our banner will be restored…..

this decisuon did not reinstate any of USC’s wins. It reinstated an award, which already happened here when Luke won his lawsuit in 2019 and got his awards back. So USC technically followed Luke’s lead. They still haven’t ruled the NCAA is compelled to reinstate anything.

the Heisman trust is separate from the NCAA. They made this decision on their own. They ruled that because NIL is legal now, that Reggie getting money from agents shouldn’t take away his on the field achievements. The NCAA hasn’t had to reinstate a single win.

Unless we just put it up ourselves, nothing has changed. Which we should just put it up and say who cares and make them do something to us. But, this Heisman decision is a much different thing than making the NCAA reinstate wins and also then the discussion if Katina Powell was considered NIL because even under the rules now, that wouldn’t fly.
I am aware the Heisman Trust is separate from the NCAA. Upon Reggie's Heisman's reinstatement, I agree with what the Trust concluded; "there are enormous changes in the college football landscape." The NCAA plays a rather significant role in that landscape. Things are changing. Attitudes are shifting.

Let's see what OSU does with their tattoo-gate scandal that cost them wins and Tressell's job. Also, Penn State had their football wins restored after the dsigusting Sandusky scandal. It can be done. Now, it's maybe a little easier to make a case.

Whenever the NCAA declares that schools (or their NIL collectives) are allowed to provide prostitutes as entertainment on visits, then our banner will be restored…..
Pretty sure the NCAA has no language in their by-laws regarding NIL and adult entertainment. That said, if you think UofL was the first school that hooked up potential players with girls, you're smoking crack, all due respect.

I am aware the Heisman Trust is separate from the NCAA. Upon Reggie's Heisman's reinstatement, I agree with what the Trust concluded; "there are enormous changes in the college football landscape." The NCAA plays a rather significant role in that landscape. Things are changing. Attitudes are shifting.

Let's see what OSU does with their tattoo-gate scandal that cost them wins and Tressell's job. Also, Penn State had their football wins restored after the dsigusting Sandusky scandal. It can be done. Now, it's maybe a little easier to make a case.
PSU got their wins restored but the NCAA has no jurisdiction over a criminal matter. They knee-jerked and had to retreat. Raping little boys in the shower is apparently not an NCAA violation. Skanks in a dorm room was an “impermissible benefit” under NCAA regs though a rather dubious benefit from the looks of those girls.

I don't think he was implying we were the only school to do that but we sure as hell got caught and convicted for it.

100%
Were the only school to have a Men’s BBall title vacated because we (1) were the only ones caught doing this crap and (2) actually threw a hissy fit when the NCAA had the audacity to want to give our basketball coach a lengthy suspension.

Had we actually admitted how bad of a look that was and agreed to the suspension, we almost certainly would still have that title. When we refused to throw Pitino under the bus, the NCAA said, okay, if you won’t let us make an example of Pitino, we’ll go another way - tell us every player who received those illegal (in more ways than one) benefits and also give us a list of every game those players played in. You’re forfeiting every one of those games.

It was stupid and unnecessary and in hindsight a VERY wrong move by Saints Tom and Rick.

100%
Were the only school to have a Men’s BBall title vacated because we (1) were the only ones caught doing this crap and (2) actually threw a hissy fit when the NCAA had the audacity to want to give our basketball coach a lengthy suspension.

Had we actually admitted how bad of a look that was and agreed to the suspension, we almost certainly would still have that title. When we refused to throw Pitino under the bus, the NCAA said, okay, if you won’t let us make an example of Pitino, we’ll go another way - tell us every player who received those illegal (in more ways than one) benefits and also give us a list of every game those players played in. You’re forfeiting every one of those games.

It was stupid and unnecessary and in hindsight a VERY wrong move by Saints Tom and Rick.
With all due respect, this is pure speculation and revisionist history at best. No evidence to suggest the ncaa would have gone lighter on UofL had they done anything differently. Let’s not forget two additional points.

1. The ncaa doesn’t need a school’s permission to suspend a coach or, put a show cause on one either.

2. The bigger issue was mcgee’s refusal to be interviewed by the ncaa. Without his testimony, the ncaa had zero direct evidence on pitino - which is why nothing was done to him of consequence.

The banner will be back - it’s simply a matter of when.

With all due respect, this is pure speculation and revisionist history at best. No evidence to suggest the ncaa would have gone lighter on UofL had they done anything differently. Let’s not forget two additional points.

1. The ncaa doesn’t need a school’s permission to suspend a coach or, put a show cause on one either.

2. The bigger issue was mcgee’s refusal to be interviewed by the ncaa. Without his testimony, the ncaa had zero direct evidence on pitino - which is why nothing was done to him of consequence.

The banner will be back - it’s simply a matter of when.

It was reported on this site exactly what I stated. When Jurich refused to let Pitino be made an example of, the NCAA came back with the letter requesting an accounting of every game the ineligible players played in. They didn’t do that until AFTER UofL balked at the very long (approx 15 games) suspension for Pitino. So believe what you want as always, but I definitely recall the timeline of when those events happened still to this day.

It was reported on this site exactly what I stated. When Jurich refused to let Pitino be made an example of, the NCAA came back with the letter requesting an accounting of every game the ineligible players played in. They didn’t do that until AFTER UofL balked at the very long (approx 15 games) suspension for Pitino. So believe what you want as always, but I definitely recall the timeline of when those events happened still to this day.
Setting aside your photographic memory for a second, your timeline doesn’t - nor could it - address what the ncaa would have done had UofL been more cooperative than they were. Michigan didn’t cooperate at all and it certainly didn’t stop them from suspending harbaugh for the sign stealing operation.

Lol - “believe what you want as always,”

Regardless of the retrospect, Pitino shouldn't have been thrown under the bus. Now maybe a shorter suspension would have sufficed to avoid the NCAA coming down hard, but I believe no one really believed it was going to be that hard. It was a ridiculous penalty vacating the wins and the title.

I do agree the true villain who didn't have to explain himself was Andre McGee. How he escaped without a scratch is a travesty. He destroyed a program.

Regardless of the retrospect, Pitino shouldn't have been thrown under the bus. Now maybe a shorter suspension would have sufficed to avoid the NCAA coming down hard, but I believe no one really believed it was going to be that hard. It was a ridiculous penalty vacating the wins and the title.

I do agree the true villain who didn't have to explain himself was Andre McGee. How he escaped without a scratch is a travesty. He destroyed a program.
McGee got a 10 year show-cause.

100%

I never knew this before. Can someone confirm? Also, I don’t know why our “throwing a hissy fit” would affect the NCAA penalty decision. It doesn’t make sense that they would then up it to forfeiture of the NC.

I never knew this before. Can someone confirm? Also, I don’t know why our “throwing a hissy fit” would affect the NCAA penalty decision. It doesn’t make sense that they would then up it to forfeiture of the NC.

UofL used its appeal to vigorously defend Pitino, including specifically why he shouldn’t receive a long suspension ..: basically telling the NCAA he didn’t know and to prove he did. At that time, the stuff we eventually received wasn’t even being considered.

So in response to that, the NCAA changed course and told UofL to compile the list of all of the games the ineligible players played in. It was very clear at that point that they were going to let us keep our coach with a much shorter (5-game) suspension and instead they were going after the title.

It was the timing of the request for UofL to compile that list of games that made it clear to me what happened.

UofL used its appeal to vigorously defend Pitino, including specifically why he shouldn’t receive a long suspension ..: basically telling the NCAA he didn’t know and to prove he did. At that time, the stuff we eventually received wasn’t even being considered.

So in response to that, the NCAA changed course and told UofL to compile the list of all of the games the ineligible players played in. It was very clear at that point that they were going to let us keep our coach with a much shorter (5-game) suspension and instead they were going after the title.

It was the timing of the request for UofL to compile that list of games that made it clear to me what happened.
Wow, if that’s true, it’s a major blunder on the part of university administration, including the AD, Tom Jurich. However, they (the NCAA) may have gone to forfeiture anyway, but went after Rick first. I still think if there were major fines on coaches these types of things would never have happened. Hit Rick with a million dollar fine. Don’t take a title away from kids who earned it because of something that disaffected outcomes of any games.

Reactions: Mayoman
It's a step in the right direction. If UofL were to ever regrow balls and make a case, they could use this as an argument. Precedent has been set.
In my eyes & a lot of other peoples eyes. You guys never lost the 2013 title. We saw you win it. The NCAA took your title for having a few whores in the men's dorm. UofL gained no unfair advantage over anyone else by doing this. Like I said in my eyes Louisville will always be the 2013 NCAA men's basketball champions.

Reactions: genowe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT