ADVERTISEMENT

Rank Your Worst Moments Since the 2013 Title

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
We keep thinking it doesn’t get worse, but it does. Since the 2013 title it’s been nothing but heartbreak. What’s your worst? I’ll make a list

The 2014 Sweet 16 Loss
The 2015 Elite 8
Katina Powell scandal announced
Self imposed 2016 BAN for Lee & Trey
Don’s 2nd round loss to Michigan
The FBI Scandal Breaks
Rick Pitino Fired
The 2013 Banner removed
The Virginia collapse
The Duke Zion collapse
1st round loss to Richard Pitino
2020 tournament cancelled for COVID
All the 2021 COVID pauses
Missing the 2021 tournament
Mack and Dino FBI extortion investigation
Mack suspended
Mack fired
2021-22 losing record
Lenoir Ryan Loss
Bellarmine loss
DJ Wagner and Bradshaw to Kentucky
4-28 season
Trenton Flowers leaves before season
NCAA clears Pitino
Kentucky Wesleyan loss

I’m sure I’m missing some, but has anyone had a worse decade than Louisville?

Not even close. It's as if Louisville has to suffer for winning the 2013 championship. I remember the following year when we were a win away from playing Wichita State again, this time to make the final 4.

That's when it started to fall apart. The loss to a 8 seeded UK team was total bullshit as the whistles helped UK steal that game. Then to see a Uconn team who the Cards defeated three times, win the championship was like a stake in the heart.

What could and should have been back to back titles, turned into the nightmare we're still experiencing ten years later.

It almost ended when the Cards reached #1 and was on its way to a 3 seed in the dance, but covid struck and Louisville was one of the programs that were disproportionately affected.

That in turn led to Mack's turmoil with his staff and we all know how that worked out. UofL hired the worst possible candidate to resurrect a fledgling program.

So it's been a little of everything that has us here. To think this all started with that dipshit Andre McGee. Total waste.

Yea, the next year 2014. That loss hung with me awhile. The refs were hosing Louisville and Russ come unglued down the stretch. Worse loss I’ve had to stomach.

Yea, the next year 2014. That loss hung with me awhile. The refs were hosing Louisville and Russ come unglued down the stretch. Worse loss I’ve had to stomach.
As bad as that loses to close out the 1978 and 1981 seasons. The OP has a list to make anyone wonder what's next.

deng adel stepping over the inbounds line which o/w would have meant we defeated the #1 team in the country, would have made the ncaa tourney, David Padgett would have been hired as a full time coach and none of the issues over the last several years would have never occurred and we'd have packed stands and DP would still be out bball coach. we were totally stupid to have ever looked in another direction.

My worst moment? Last December, when Josh Heird opted to give KP another year. Maybe nothing else has done more damage to our program.

The 2014 Tournament loss to KY. Not only would we have had the inside track to back to back titles, the game was ours until Alex Poythress grabbed every available rebound in the last 10 minutes.

That would have never happened if Chane Behanen was on our team as he should have been. Blame Chane or blame Pitino but Poythress made the difference down the stretch.

Still hard to talk about.

2. Take your pick.

Hiring of Kenny Payne tops it all for me because we were relevant during everything else people have listed. We are no longer relevant, we have zero national respect ( and don't deserve any) we have went from elite to laughing stock..

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT