ADVERTISEMENT

CORRECT SELF IMPOSED ACTIONS

According to the Courier Journal, one time director of the University of Louisville Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine Perry Vaughn plead guilty to stealing $2.8 million from the university as well as tax fraud and embezzlement charges. According to the Courier Journal, at least six different university employees have been accused of stealing money from the school from 2009 to 2013. As of this past December 2015 there is an investigation in the Medical School.
Vaughn stole from clinical funds and grants, not money from University budget. Vaughn was a clever accountant who used his knowledge to defraud. It can also be said he was caught and punished under Ramsey's watch.

Reactions: Cue Card
Well, in fairness, it was a terrific line. ;-)
Turd has become the embodiment of what he despises most and, just another victim to the consistent moral decay since that first joint was lit in "San Francisco".

Say it ain't so Turd!

What the hell crap does this mean?
UofL has won more games the past 4 seasons that at any time in UofL history.

Coach Pitino had the intelligence to bring in two experienced scorers, otherwise this
team would be 12-10, instead of 18-4 and 2nd place in the ACC.

The clown called crapiperi is the one who has had 25 five stars and only 1 title. Thats vastly underwhelming.
Get it straight..........

He had the intelligence to bring in 2 5the year transfers or they would be 12-10? Why didn't he just recruit better before that?

He recruited and did his job too well. He recruited 4 year players but they outperformed and left after one. One made a bad personal decision and had to leave as a result.

Reactions: Cue Card
Vaughn stole from clinical funds and grants, not money from University budget. Vaughn was a clever accountant who used his knowledge to defraud. It can also be said he was caught and punished under Ramsey's watch.
From the Courier Journal, March 24,2015: Ripping the University of Louisville for allowing an "astounding theft" to go on for an "astounding period of time" a federal judge Tuesday sentenced the former director of its Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine to 63 months in prison for stealing $2.8 million. Before imposing the sentence on Perry Chadwick Vaughn and ordering him to pay $2,810,201 in restitution, Senior U. S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson III said he hoped the scheme would result in a "teaching moment" for the university, which has experienced a series of theft and embezzlement cases in recent years. Acting U.S. Attorney John E. Kuhn Jr. said in a statement that the loss was "another dramatic reminder of what can happen when raw, unmitigated greed and selfishness finds opportunity in an organization with inadequate fiscal oversight."

Reactions: awf
Everyone agrees the 1960s hippie drug counter culture was a complete and total disaster, the drug use and social rot which has ruined a lot of the last three generations.

From the Courier Journal: "In a report issued last July recommending financial reforms across the university, Louisville based auditors Strothman and Co. said U of L didn't always compel corrective action when deficiencies arose and inconsistently applied internal financial control policies. "It wasn't for a lack of policy. It was for a lack of compliance," Bill Meyer of Strothman told the audit committee of U of L's board of trustees. If enacted, the recommendations would "substantially reduce the possibility of significant fraud in the future," he said.

Turd your name says it all.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The correct self imposed actions should have been the resignations of President John Ramsey, Coach Rick Pitino and Athletic Director Tom Jurich. If these guys have any balls at all this should have happened. The NCAA may well have accepted this as punishment and the players on the present team that have nothing to do with this should be allowed to play.
I think this may win the award of worst post ever. Why stop at those 3? Obama needs to go as well. With all of the intelligence he has access to, he should have known as well. He was obviously sleeping on the job.

I think this may win the award of worst post ever. Why stop at those 3? Obama needs to go as well. With all of the intelligence he has access to, he should have known as well. He was obviously sleeping on the job.
There is a difference between having access to intelligence and being intelligent.

Everyone agrees the 1960s hippie drug counter culture was a complete and total disaster, the drug use and social rot which has ruined a lot of the last three generations.
And by "everyone", he means everyone at the Turd household - lol.

The endowment was $597 mil a few months before Ramsey, it is now 1.1 billion. That's 500,000,000 mil in 13 years. Ramsey has raise almost the same amount it took every president before him combined.

How does that compare with similar Universities over a thirteen year span?

Personally he appears to be over compensated.

"Everyone agrees the 1960s hippie drug counter culture was a complete and total disaster, the drug use and social rot which has ruined a lot of the last three generations."

Well, maybe everyone but me.

But I doubt it.

If anyone were an inadvertent example of a "ruined" generation, the Turd qualifies as expert.

I take credit for hanging his nickname. It was just sitting there, lol.

If anyone were an inadvertent example of a "ruined" generation, the Turd qualifies as expert.

I take credit for hanging his nickname. It was just sitting there, lol.
That's quite a claim to fame for someone who brags about flunking out of Murray State.

And in the meantime, as you nurse facts that don't matter from 45 years ago, I've accomplished more in my sleep than you ever have. Heaven forbid if reality intruded anywhere in your pathetic mewlings.

From Andy Wolfson at the Courier Journal via Card Chronicle:
According to reports on WDRB and in the Courier Journal, Ramsey acted alone in the decision on the post season ban. Ricky Jones, a member of U of L's investigative committee opposed the ban. He said that the only person implicated as part of the scandal was Andre McGee. Ricky Jones is a professor at U of L.

Last edited:
From Andy Wolfson at the Courier Journal via Card Chronicle:

According to reports on WDRB and in the Courier Journal, Ramsey acted alone in the decision on the post season ban. Ricky Jones, a member of U of L's investigative committee opposed the ban. He said that the only person implicated as part of the scandal was Andre McGee. Ricky Jones is a professor at U of L.
He also said that there hasn't been any new revelations in the investigation. That is the first somewhat positive news we've gotten, I was afraid that they uncovered something worse, and acted immediately. GO CARDS!!!!

He also said that there hasn't been any new revelations in the investigation. That is the first somewhat positive news we've gotten, I was afraid that they uncovered something worse, and acted immediately. GO CARDS!!!!
No from what I've been told, there are no new revelations, it was simply a matter of a large number of players that were on the roster at that point, that admitted to being involved and, in many cases participated in sexual activity with the girls. At this particular point, there has been no corroboration that those individual events with existing players were "pay for play" but, its still not a good PR look. The only shoe left to drop is the question about the money, but it appears that any that didn't come from McGee, came from a booster with no direct ties to athletic dept. or administration.

The mere fact he is talking about the investigation is a NCAA violation in itself. He will be given at least a verbal reprimand for speaking about an ongoing investigation to the press. The only reason I bring this up is to show how insanely powerful the NCAA thinks it is. This post season ban decision was made out of fear of the NCAA. The UofL administrators are afraid of the NCAA power and are HOPING this self imposed ban is enough to satisfy the NCAA, and to put this behind the University and the Athletic Department.

We will see if it is enough. I doubt it. This self imposed ban is admitting guilt and it's giving Powell credibility. One post season ban isn't going to be enough IMO. More to come.

The mere fact he is talking about the investigation is a NCAA violation in itself. He will be given at least a verbal reprimand for speaking about an ongoing investigation to the press. The only reason I bring this up is to show how insanely powerful the NCAA thinks it is. This post season ban decision was made out of fear of the NCAA. The UofL administrators are afraid of the NCAA power and are HOPING this self imposed ban is enough to satisfy the NCAA, and to put this behind the University and the Athletic Department.

We will see if it is enough. I doubt it. This self imposed ban is admitting guilt and it's giving Powell credibility. One post season ban isn't going to be enough IMO. More to come.

Cue Card do you really want UofL NOT to admit guilt and go into a court of law to prevent the NCAA from imposing "any further sanctions"? Apparently you forgot the last time we tried that and we got our asses kicked. With that being said, the Appeals Court of Kentucky was weighted against the University of Louisville by having a majority of uselessakay grads on the bench, but none the less, we'll have to face the same thing all over again. I'd say doing a ban sooner rather than later is a good move.

Cue Card do you really want UofL NOT to admit guilt and go into a court of law to prevent the NCAA from imposing "any further sanctions"? Apparently you forgot the last time we tried that and we got our asses kicked. With that being said, the Appeals Court of Kentucky was weighted against the University of Louisville by having a majority of uselessakay grads on the bench, but none the less, we'll have to face the same thing all over again. I'd say doing a ban sooner rather than later is a good move.

I only want the truth, and unlike the movie quote, I can handle it. If this scandal goes beyond a rouge employee acting alone then fine, people need to be held accountable whomever they may be.

All we know at this moment is McGee appears to be the ONE person linked to Powell and that's all we know. Not knowing is driving us all a bit crazy IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT