ADVERTISEMENT

Convinced Petrino

I certainly didn’t give Vince NQ credit for the Pitino surrender. I don’t recall anyone giving him credit...
I didn't say you did.

But you need to check in more often. Here's a thread that looks like it was started 10 minutes after the news broke...

LINK

Last edited:
All of that was rumor and hearsay. I think petrino quit but good luck proving tanking vs incompetence. By the time we settle, we pay Petrino part of his contract at best and the rest goes to lawyer fees. The problem wasn't obeying the contract, it was making one with that idiotic buyout for someone with Petrino's options in the 1st place. Petrino got fired for losing which unfortunately doesn't mean its with cause.

Tyra didn't fire Jurich or Pitino. The debate for the Pitino contract was about a 10 day notice and whether he could be fired for cause. I know you were trying to argue the meaning of the word "the" during that time but there was atleast an argument that could be made that the ncaa violations meant he could be fired with cause.
Try taking a survey here whether Petrino deserved his buyout money. Except for one guy saying "all contracts should be honored"--despite how the Pitino and Jurich situations were handled--you won't find much support for your "rumor and hearsay" POV.

And individual clowns are responsible for the clown regime they work in/for. I don't see "Vince" distancing himself from any decisions made by the new regime. No, he's 100% behind what his regime has put in place whether he was here or not. In fact, he's here BECAUSE of what they've done...

Try taking a survey here whether Petrino deserved his buyout money. Except for one guy saying "all contracts should be honored"--despite how the Pitino and Jurich situations were handled--you won't find much support for your "rumor and hearsay" POV.

And individual clowns are responsible for the clown regime they work in/for. I don't see "Vince" distancing himself from any decisions made by the new regime. No, he's 100% behind what his regime has put in place whether he was here or not. In fact, he's here BECAUSE of what they've done...

I don't think Petrino deserved the money, but that doesn't change the fact that Petrino's buyout was 14 million. That survey is meaningless in court and unfortunately lack of performance isn't cause to fire a coach for some reason. I don't think Krags deserved a buyout for being an idiot either but he got one. Most fans are would probably agree with me in that they'd love to see Petrino get nothing but understand that Jurich despite doing a lot of good things screwed us with this contract. If you want to talk support I bet way more people blame Jurich for signing the contract than Tyra for doing what needed to be done.

I don't think Petrino deserved the money, but that doesn't change the fact that Petrino's buyout was 14 million. That survey is meaningless in court and unfortunately lack of performance isn't cause to fire a coach for some reason. I don't think Krags deserved a buyout for being an idiot either but he got one. Most fans are would probably agree with me in that they'd love to see Petrino get nothing but understand that Jurich despite doing a lot of good things screwed us with this contract. If you want to talk support I bet way more people blame Jurich for signing the contract than Tyra for doing what needed to be done.
Absolutely ....hindsight is 20/20 and Jurich sure skewed the pooch on this one. We took it up the rear thanks to Jurich's (expert contract ) abilities.

K-rag’s buyout was 10X less. Apples and oranges. Just like Ron Cooper’s.

Your point is that Petrino didn’t deserve his money. When someone doesn’t deserve something, you question whether he should receive it. If there’s evidence he shouldn’t, you may have a legal case.

Don’t tell me the same people who took that legal position with Pitino and Jurich over million dollar contracts didn’t have that option with Petrino...

Last edited:

Your point is that Petrino didn’t deserve his money. When someone doesn’t deserve something, you question whether he should receive it. If there’s evidence he shouldn’t, you may have a legal case.

Don’t tell me the same people who took that legal position with Pitino and Jurich over million dollar contracts didn’t have that option with Petrino...

The “apples and oranges” is trying to compare a termination based in multiple NCAA investigations versus poor job performance. You are smart enough to know that but too stubborn to admit it. Try again.

Reactions: gocards1987
The “apples and oranges” is trying to compare a termination based in multiple NCAA investigations versus poor job performance. You are smart enough to know that but too stubborn to admit it. Try again.
NCAA actions have nothing, zilch to do with a contract and what’s in it.

The NCAA had launched ONE investigation when Pitino and Jurich we’re fired, and Jurich was implicated in none of it. U of L formally cleared Pitino thereafter.

You’re trying to levy a retrospective smear job that’s not grounded in facts...

Last edited:

The NCAA had launched ONE investigation when Pitino and Jurich we’re fired, and Jurich was implicated in none of it. U of L formally cleared Pitino thereafter.

Did UofL “formally clear Pitino”? Really? I don’t remember anything like that. I do remember Rick dropping his 40 million dollar lawsuit for nothing in return. I wonder why he would do that, if he had been “cleared”?
As regards Jurich, it’s pretty clear that he was not involved in any wrongdoing. The university was just playing a public relations game (badly) thinking that if TJ was fired, it would look to the world like they were “doing something”. In the end, it was UofL who backed down, changing TJ’s separation to a “retirement” and giving him a nice buyout. Two completely different cases.

There’s too much insanity in your post to even take it seriously.

Reactions: PushupMan

Don’t tell me the same people who took that legal position with Pitino and Jurich over million-dollar contracts didn’t have that option with Petrino...
Maybe the language in his contract was different than Kragthorpe and we were locked into paying him. A certain AD redid his contract after 1 year. As someone would come after him.. Petrino sold Jurich a load of crap and he bought it.

UT was paying about 3 football coaches at one point, 2 didn't deserve the giant buyouts they got. Whether the buyout was 10X less or not its the same thing. Petrino and Krags goy fired for lack of performance. I don't think either deserved the money but for some reason coaches' contracts don't include lack of performance as a reason to be fired.

The school paid Jurich and Pitino gave up because he wants to coach again. Also at some point it could be argued that Jurich and Pitino were fired for cause because of ncaa investigations which usually are for cause reasons to fire a coach. Their situations and Petrino's situation were apples and oranges and the school had to pay Jurich. Maybe they learned you can't break contracts willy nilly after that.

Did UofL “formally clear Pitino”? Really? I don’t remember anything like that. I do remember Rick dropping his 40 million dollar lawsuit for nothing in return. I wonder why he would do that, if he had been “cleared”?...
In the stripper scandal, "Louisville backed Pitino's claims of innocence and in response appealed all of the NCAA’s sanctions that were not self-imposed..." LINK

From the NCAA final report, "[n]either the institution nor the head coach agreed with the enforcement staff that the head coach failed to monitor [Andre McGee]..." LINK

You missed those and other similar references. And the suit was dropped for reasons that had nothing to do with the merits of his case...

Maybe the language in his contract was different than Kragthorpe and we were locked into paying him. A certain AD redid his contract after 1 year. As someone would come after him.. Petrino sold Jurich a load of crap and he bought it.
None of that has anything to do with rolling over for Petrino...

UT was paying about 3 football coaches at one point, 2 didn't deserve the giant buyouts they got. Whether the buyout was 10X less or not its the same thing. Petrino and Krags goy fired for lack of performance. I don't think either deserved the money but for some reason coaches' contracts don't include lack of performance as a reason to be fired.

The school paid Jurich and Pitino gave up because he wants to coach again. Also at some point it could be argued that Jurich and Pitino were fired for cause because of ncaa investigations which usually are for cause reasons to fire a coach. Their situations and Petrino's situation were apples and oranges and the school had to pay Jurich. Maybe they learned you can't break contracts willy nilly after that.
A smaller contract makes more sense to simply buy out which is how Ecarma received all of his money. That's the big difference between K-rag's and Petrino's football contracts, about 10X more/less money.

And there were no differences between these other million dollar contracts, only in how they were handled...

Petrino and Pizza Guy were made whole. Clowns tried unsuccessfully to beat Jurich outta his money, and they did escape Pitino when he folded his tent.

Prevailing sentiment is that Jurich deserved his money, and none of the other three did.

Those inconsistencies and discrepancies are because you have clowns at the controls...

Last edited:
I think it is silly to blame any AD for paying out contracts when the previous AD structured the contract.

I seriously doubt if there was really an out in the contract Tyra and the board would approve it. Hell Petrino was trying to get fired and you don’t do that if you think you violated any part of the contract.

Here is what we know Petrino ended proving to be a bad choice. He didn’t change and people didn’t want to work with him. That more than his football knowledge will keep him from coaching again.

In the stripper scandal, "Louisville backed Pitino's claims of innocence and in response appealed all of the NCAA’s sanctions that were not self-imposed..." LINK

From the NCAA final report, "[n]either the institution nor the head coach agreed with the enforcement staff that the head coach failed to monitor [Andre McGee]..." LINK

You missed those and other similar references. And the suit was dropped for reasons that had nothing to do with the merits of his case...

Louisville initially “backing” Pitino in light of scurrilous NCAA infractions sheds some light on why the old regime is now the old regime. He was ultimately sanctioned by the NCAA despite any “backing”. So the fact of the matter is that the old regime screwed up and ultimately this decision proved fateful for TJ. We should be all grateful that the new President and AD were able to limit UofLs liability with Pitino despite the fact that UofL did nothing to protect itself in regards to Pitino’s contract despite the fact that the NCAA sanctioned him.

Reactions: PushupMan and gocds
I think it is silly to blame any AD for paying out contracts when the previous AD structured the contract...
The CURRENT AD is in charge of all athletics decision making. There are no hypothetical "if Jurich was in charge" defenses. That's making excuses for a guy paid a million dollars a year--and evidently earning bonuses for something.
...Hell Petrino was trying to get fired and you don’t do that if you think you violated any part of the contract...
There's an inherent inconsistency in that statement. Like saying you haven't committed a crime if you think you can get away with it. Try using that argument in court...

Louisville initially “backing” Pitino in light of scurrilous NCAA infractions sheds some light on why the old regime is now the old regime. He was ultimately sanctioned by the NCAA despite any “backing”. So the fact of the matter is that the old regime screwed up and ultimately this decision proved fateful for TJ. We should be all grateful that the new President and AD were able to limit UofLs liability with Pitino despite the fact that UofL did nothing to protect itself in regards to Pitino’s contract despite the fact that the NCAA sanctioned him.
The entity making decisions is the entity making decisions. They don't get to change their minds. There is no "old U of L" vs "new U of L" legal argument.

And the NCAA's POV has no standing on the issue of Pitino's contract enforcement and with-cause language. It comes down to whatever is/was in that contract.

I'd also like to know what the clowns have done that has "limited our liability" thus far in the eyes of the NCAA. I'd hate to think how much worse it could be than losing championships...

The entity making decisions is the entity making decisions. They don't get to change their minds. There is no "old U of L" vs "new U of L" legal argument.

And the NCAA's POV has no standing on the issue of Pitino's contract enforcement and with-cause language. It comes down to whatever is/was in that contract.

I'd also like to know what the clowns have done that has "limited our liability" thus far in the eyes of the NCAA. I'd hate to think how much worse it could be than losing championships...

Simply put, you are wrong. That’s why Pitino didn’t get paid regardless of whatever came from his mouth or whatever fits your agenda.

Simply put, you are wrong. That’s why Pitino didn’t get paid regardless of whatever came from his mouth or whatever fits your agenda.

I can assure you that “dick” Pitino backed off because he was shown new information that THE UofL had that was irrefutable. He backed off for two reasons, one, he knew they had the goods on him and, two, he wants to continue working and THE UofL is not going to release that information. In fact, it had nothing to do with either of the two scandals. I’m just not going to go into details because I would be violating a trust of a good friend and source. It is rare that this stuff comes forward but this person is very trustworthy. And I don’t care who you are, you can take this to the bank.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Conveniently left out ....FBI recruiting scandal. Please argue ALL the facts.

Prevailing sentiment is that Jurich deserved his money, and none of the other three did.

Those inconsistencies and discrepancies are because you have clowns at the controls...
No. They are three completely different cases with different sets of facts. The ”prevailing sentiment” reflects that reality.

Guarantee if Mack is found in a restaurant banging a woman this AD would fire him.

Reactions: chevelle99
IIRC "Vince" was given undue credit when Pitino decided to fold his tent. Why didn't "Vince" walk into the negotiating room and say simply that "I'm honoring your contract" since that's the right thing to do?

Did "Vince" express any remorse that Pitino was leaving with nothing? I'm forgetting that.

"Vince" is a clown who was maybe 15 minutes last to the party...

just-water-under-the-bridge-c675a1b7-829a-478e-aca9-d29cf9e265b6.jpg

Conveniently left out ....FBI recruiting scandal. Please argue ALL the facts.
You piggybacked on the issue of NCAA investigations, and there had been ONE when Pitino was fired. As I showed you, he was cleared by U of L of wrongdoing in that one--which you questioned.

I've kept track of your arguments even if you haven't.
Death penalty
You don't know that the clowns have limited our damage in that regard. There hasn't been another ruling by the NCAA on a 2nd set of infractions.

And if clowns were so virtuous or savvy, why did they appeal the first ruling? All of the clowns except "Vince" were on the job when that appeal was made.
No. They are three completely different cases with different sets of facts. The ”prevailing sentiment” reflects that reality.
They're all contracts which you've said on multiple occasions should be honored. Your current leaders don't agree with you...

Last edited:
Guarantee if Mack is found in a restaurant banging a woman this AD would fire him.
This AD can't afford another buyout. You better check the with-cause language in Mack's contract...

You piggybacked on the issue of NCAA investigations, and there had been ONE when Pitino was fired. As I showed you, he was cleared by U of L of wrongdoing in that one--which you questioned.

I've kept track of your arguments even if you haven't.

You don't know that the clowns have limited our damage in that regard. There hasn't been another ruling by the NCAA on a 2nd set of infractions.

And if clowns were so virtuous or savvy, why did they appeal the first ruling? All of the clowns except "Vince" were on the job when that appeal was made.

They're all contracts which you've said on multiple occasions should be honored. Your current leaders don't agree with you...
I have never said it was ok to violate any contract. That goes for Petrino, that goes for Pitino, that goes for Jurich. That UofL failed to do so was wrong. It’s doesn’t make it ok to ignore Bobby’s deal. In fact, it may be evidence that they started to come to their senses (a little). As regards Pitino’s firing, it was the FBI thing that finally did him in. The thread was about his firing and his contract. As regards the death penalty, that was in response to “(what could be) worse than a national title being taken away?” I just named something worse. None of us know what would have happened if we had held on to Pitino. I can tell you that the national press would have been so bad that the NCAA would have overreacted. As it is, most people outside our fan base think we got off easy after strippergate. National press was incredulous that Pitino was still coaching. When the FBI happened while we were still on probation, the administration, largely inexperienced in these matters, panicked. I still maintain that the three contract in question and the circumstances surrounding their termination were separate and unique.

Let’s be clear - Pitino was cleared by TJ, just like when TJ “cleared” him of university consequences in the Sypher deal and, like it appeared he was on his way to doing with the Bowen situation.

Until they both got canned.

Let’s be clear - Pitino was cleared by TJ, just like when TJ “cleared” him of university consequences in the Sypher deal and, like it appeared he was on his way to doing with the Bowen situation.

Until they both got canned.
Find me a reference that Jurich cleared him and not U of L. And Postel walked into that appeals hearing alongside Pitino. That’s what’s “clear”...

Last edited:
I have never said it was ok to violate any contract. That goes for Petrino, that goes for Pitino, that goes for Jurich. That UofL failed to do so was wrong. It’s doesn’t make it ok to ignore Bobby’s deal. In fact, it may be evidence that they started to come to their senses (a little). As regards Pitino’s firing, it was the FBI thing that finally did him in. The thread was about his firing and his contract. As regards the death penalty, that was in response to “(what could be) worse than a national title being taken away?” I just named something worse. None of us know what would have happened if we had held on to Pitino. I can tell you that the national press would have been so bad that the NCAA would have overreacted. As it is, most people outside our fan base think we got off easy after strippergate. National press was incredulous that Pitino was still coaching. When the FBI happened while we were still on probation, the administration, largely inexperienced in these matters, panicked. I still maintain that the three contract in question and the circumstances surrounding their termination were separate and unique.
There is no wrong or right, just inconsistencies. If U of L had an epiphany, I’ve seen no admission of such.

The comment I was responding to—and to which you responded—was that there were “multiple” NCAA incidents, which wasn’t true when Pitino was fired. And I’m only interested in facts presented accurately, not your predictions of what would have happened...

Find me a reference that Jurich cleared him and not U of L. And Postel walked into that appeals hearing alongside Pitino. That’s what’s “clear”...
You’re right - TJ wanted to fire him but got overruled by Postel. :rolleyes:

There is no wrong or right, just inconsistencies. If U of L had an epiphany, I’ve seen no admission of such.

The comment I was responding to—and to which you responded—was that there were “multiple” NCAA incidents, which wasn’t true when Pitino was fired. And I’m only interested in facts presented accurately, not your predictions of what would have happened...

Yes, when Pitino was fired it’s clear that “University 6” was merely dealing with an FBI issue. Sure it was an FBI investigation into an NCAA member schools that were committing blatant NCAA violations, but naw, it was just an FBI thing. No big deal.

Yes, when Pitino was fired it’s clear that “University 6” was merely dealing with an FBI issue. Sure it was an FBI investigation into an NCAA member schools that were committing blatant NCAA violations, but naw, it was just an FBI thing. No big deal.
I think you're handicapping incorrectly (which has nothing to with Pitino's contract BTW...)

In case you've missed the news lately, the direction things are going is that players will be able to make money as long as it doesn't come from the schools.

So far, U of L is in the clear. As will be Pitino even if not knowing is an offense...

Not a prediction (of the past?). Only an answer to your question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT