ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Someone tell Cook to catch the damn baseball

Seems like hitting and pitching coaches are not connecting with players.

All of two hits now 😫. Tate comes in and walks a bunch of guys. Sheesh.

Heavy sigh. Another loss. Another series loss.

It's just the fitting ending for the nightmare 2022/23 seasons of the big 4 UofL sports teams.

However, the Football program hired Jeff Brohm, the men's hoops team has a top 5 recruiting class, and the ladies hoopsters have a top 3 transfer portal group. The baseball team is next and what McDonnell does to remedy the collapse of this seasons team is eagerly awaited by fans.

It's just not been good times for Louisville sports when it comes to the big 4. I know volleyball, swimming, tennis and others have had successful seasons, but those sports are not at the level of football, basketball and baseball.

People around here get highly stressed over the big 4, not so much for the other sports.

The start of the year proved to be fools gold. The Houston weekend ended up not being reality. It was just a good weekend.

Truth is they lost a lot from last year and this group is young and isn’t as talented. You see guys overmatched at the plate. I think they need a new voice on hitting.

I think they will get hit hard in the portal. Then see how Dan reacts. Their recruiting is fine but they need some impact guys probably more on the mound than in the field.

Reactions: Bardman
This team has a lot of talent, but most of which consists of
young inexperienced kids, or upperclassmen who were limited by injuries.

Yesterday’s game serves as a classic example of the entire season; pitchers delivering untimely walks, mental mistakes on the bases, fielding errors and quiet bats resulting in another close loss when the opponent dominated every single phase of the game.

Sean Moth said it best when Clemson was up 3-1; it really felt more like we were behind 13-1. Hawkins thrown out trying to steal 2nd, and either it was McCoy or Cook getting thrown out at first eliminated any opportunity to win the game.

Dan needs to get aggressive in the portal; as UL is a very attractive landing for some of the most talented players in America.

Reactions: Bardman
Well,I think if you just have all the returning guys be the best version of themselves,this season is totally different. Outside of being injured, most of us don't know why they weren't.
The Freshman class imo is the silver lining going forward for next year.

Reactions: 2330859 and Deeva
Hawkins. Why-o-why? Coach is reaching and not trusting his left-handed hitters.

Crappy base running decisions and execution today. Ho hum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT