ADVERTISEMENT

Cards lose twice.

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Well, it looks like the voters were right for a change by not ranking Louisville. Cards losing to Indiana State and Uconn is not exactly elite baseball.

Yawn. Two pretty good teams and both losses by 1 run. Let’s cancel the season.

Didn't say cancel the season. Yawn on that.

It's just spin to say those were good teams. Louisville baseball should win those games as they used to do.

The preseason hype of a deep and experienced team, ready to show they're past last seasons struggles, fell flat in south Florida.

We all know since 2021 for a number of reasons, the program has regressed. The can't miss big leaguers are just not here. At least not now.

Plenty of time to turn it around but I got a feeling we're going to be right there on the bubble again. Hope I'm wrong.

So, other than a couple of rare seasons, UofL doesn’t usually start the season on fire. Supposed to win those games? Both of those teams have are good (sorry you just assume UofL should be better). Cards had to see both of those teams’ best pitchers. This team does have plenty of potential. Give it more than two games before determining their fate.

That first game I know there were some plays that are head scratching,pitches we'd like to have back,but man the bad breaks on barreled up balls,either right at somebody or off the pitcher's foot. I mean they were really squaring it up. I think that probably took a little air out going into the second game (coming up short on the scoreboard).

So, other than a couple of rare seasons, UofL doesn’t usually start the season on fire. Supposed to win those games? Both of those teams have are good (sorry you just assume UofL should be better). Cards had to see both of those teams’ best pitchers. This team does have plenty of potential. Give it more than two games before determining their fate.
Come on, you know losing to Indiana state and Uconn is not acceptable. I don't care how good they are and there's nothing to be sorry for. They're mid major schools and the Cards should beat them, especially after last season.

Instead it was more of the same.

I'm a huge baseball fan and I want to see the Cards program from before 2021. A program that was feared and hard to beat. The draft has cut into the immediate star players that we're used to seeing, but now the program has to succeed with transfers and four year players.

So far, McDonnell hasn't figured that out yet. There is still plenty of games to get back to winning, but my confidence after those first two games is not as strong as I hoped.

You do realize Indiana St went to the supers last year and have most of that roster back. Believe it or not Indiana State has a decent history in college baseball. It is a good program. UConn was one game from the Super’s.

It’s baseball this happens. Florida, Vandy, and UT all have lost already against teams not as good as UConn and Indiana St.

I have no clue if Louisville is going to be any good but sure not worrying about being 0-2 against legit competition.

Just more spin. Louisville baseball should be winning these games, not losing them in the same fashion they lost all those games last season.

Of course there's lots of games left to turn it around but so far it doesn't look promising in my opinion. All Cards fans should expect beating Indiana state and Uconn, and when we don't and fans make excuses, it doesn't lend too much confidence that this season will be what the fans have been accustomed to.

That's all I'm saying. Hopefully, it's just a slow start and they should take care of Xavier today. If not, I don't care how well Xavier may have played last season.

That perspective sounds uneducated- sorry. Many baseball teams w/o big brand names are excellent. Cal St Fullerton, Cal St Irvine, Dallas Baptist, East Carolina, etc.
You are basing the losses off of names. If it were Miami you’d be ok with the loss even if Miami was dog crap.

Reactions: shutterbug
To quote Gramercy Riff from the movie Warriors about theOrphans " They rumble anyway "

Last edited:
That perspective sounds uneducated- sorry. Many baseball teams w/o big brand names are excellent. Cal St Fullerton, Cal St Irvine, Dallas Baptist, East Carolina, etc.
You are basing the losses off of names. If it were Miami you’d be ok with the loss even if Miami was dog crap.
I am far from uneducated about baseball. I recognize mid major teams can be great. Coastal Carolina won the World Series a few years ago.

You can continue to make excuses until there's too many losses to keep up, but the program has regressed big time in just a few years.

It's as clear as day again today against Xavier.

TheReal…I am not disagreeing about the overall decline over the last three seasons. The team that got to the supers ground out those wins and wasn’t spectacular when comparing them to some previous UofL squads. It is just very early to say this team will not be successful.

Why is it too early to have an opinion? If the Cards were 2 and 0 with blowout wins, I would be more optimistic.

I'm seeing the same things that plagued the team last season and this Xavier game is just more of the same. It's 5 to 1 Xavier in the 5th.

I can only respond to what has happened so far and it's not looking good. Maybe it will change? I hope so, but it's going to take several players improving on what they've done so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT