ADVERTISEMENT

Classless stomping on the Bird. KARMA !!!

I saw it too. Punk move just like their football team in 2014. Anyone remember that d-bag they called Jorts? He was the one in 2011 that got down on the floor at Midcourt and pretended to wipe his ass on the Cardinal Logo.

Classy

Reactions: beasleythecard
John Wall did something to the bird too. I also remember their mascot simulated taking a whizz on it one year.

Karma.

The rivalry is for the fans, and a few local players. But for the majority of their roster, it feels a little forced. I just don't think the one and done guys have a true understanding of the rivalry. They are competitive in nature, and I actually just think what they were doing there was more self-motivational and not really a middle finger to our program. The majority of their guys, if not all - have zero animosity towards Louisville. I bet their FR are friends with VJ King, for example. I'm sure Briscoe and Mitchell are friends too.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
The rivalry is for the fans, and a few local players. But for the majority of their roster, it feels a little forced. I just don't think the one and done guys have a true understanding of the rivalry. They are competitive in nature, and I actually just think what they were doing there was more self-motivational and not really a middle finger to our program. The majority of their guys, if not all - have zero animosity towards Louisville. I bet their FR are friends with VJ King, for example. I'm sure Briscoe and Mitchell are friends too.

Agree with this 100%. It's gotta be forced, cause it's just not there for most of these guys. Just another game. I wish it was there like in the days past. That's what makes it fun. But you are correct.

Man, that's a ballsy statement for sure. Giving you props today. You just have to push a wheel barrow everywhere you go!

Edit - not saying I condone the behavior, as I would think twice about doing that; especially before a game that everyone realized was gonna be tough.
I didn't push anything. The players wearing blue representing your school did this. If Calipari had even a sliver of class, he would tell them to cut it out. Be respectful of the game and your opponent. Only classless people teach classless acts, and/or ignore them when they're in a position to teach.

I didn't push anything. The players wearing blue representing your school did this. If Calipari had even a sliver of class, he would tell them to cut it out. Be respectful of the game and your opponent. Only classless people teach classless acts, and/or ignore them when they're in a position to teach.

Fair. I dont know if I would call it disrespectful. If it were swapped, I would love for it to be bulliten board material for sure. But looks like kids just getting into a bit. Your board though. I like reading the other view point, if keeps my perspective in reality.

Agree with this 100%. It's gotta be forced, cause it's just not there for most of these guys. Just another game. I wish it was there like in the days past. That's what makes it fun. But you are correct.

You guys used to have a key player or two from the state, a guy like Minniefield for example. Yes you have a few role players, but it makes the rivalry a little more juicy when you have a couple kids going head to head from the same state that maybe competed against each other in HS a couple years too that are also a centerpiece to the team.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74

It's infused into them by the UK fanbase. These guys hear about this rivalry from the day they sign on.

2 Goals

1) Win number 9
2) Beat Louisville

You guys used to have a key player or two from the state, a guy like Minniefield for example. Yes you have a few role players, but it makes the rivalry a little more juicy when you have a couple kids going head to head from the same state that maybe competed against each other in HS a couple years too that are also a centerpiece to the team.

Yes! I miss that. I mean, I'm all for going for the best players, so I'm not calling for a change; but that would make the actual rivalry more intense on the court and not just in my living room.

It's infused into them by the UK fanbase. These guys hear about this rivalry from the day they sign on.

2 Goals

1) Win number 9
2) Beat Louisville

Yeah, they hear it. But it's not in there. Not in their heart like I want it to be. Since that game in 2009, I don't think it's been there nearly as much as it used to be. but it's still fun man. One of my favorite games - even if we get beat.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
After watching the video it didn't appear to be a whole lot of animosity in that group.
Looked like guys getting motivated before the game.
I get the rivalry, but the anger towards this looks like a stretch to me.
As big a stretch as L's down?

Reactions: Cue Card
John Wall did something to the bird too. I also remember their mascot simulated taking a whizz on it one year.

Karma.

Uhhh, John Wall was at UK for one year and the UK/U of L game was at Rupp Arena that season - and UK did not play an NCAA game in Louisville that year either.

Reactions: yoshukai
As big a stretch as L's down?

One has nothing to do with the other.
The video posted in this thread doesn't show a team disrespecting the other.

Do you honestly watch that video and think they look like they're trying to disrespect anyone?

Do you honestly watch that video and think they look like they're trying to disrespect anyone?
I'm 55 years old and grew up in the Southend of Louisville.Are you seriously asking me questions about being disrespected?lol

Yes. They knew exactly where they were standing. Quit being naive to your teams M.O.

I'm not saying it's that big of a deal but it was no accident.

Yes. They knew exactly where they were standing. Quit being naive to your teams M.O.

I'm not saying it's that big of a deal but it was no accident.

What MO did you see in that video, quit being so sensitive.
None of them looked like they were disrespecting anything.

Again,why would I have to look very hard to feel disrespected by a School that's disrespected us my whole life?That's not a stretch at all.

I don't know what you've experienced in life, but the video in this thread doesn't show a team disrespecting another.

It was a wonderful game, with 2 teams playing hard. You're team won, enjoy it instead of looking for something to be mad about, life will be much more enjoyable.

Reactions: awf
What MO did you see in that video, quit being so sensitive.
None of them looked like they were disrespecting anything.
Nobody is being sensitive. It's just obvious. I really don't care even though it's kind of a punk move.

The MO is to try to get into your opponent's head and under their skin. Something that Cal's made into an art form. Rinky dink art but art nonetheless.

I don't know what you've experienced in life, but the video in this thread doesn't show a team disrespecting another.

It was a wonderful game, with 2 teams playing hard. You're team won, enjoy it instead of looking for something to be mad about, life will be much more enjoyable.
It was subtle,which was probably intended.We'll have to agree to disagree I guess.If not for the L's down disrespecting thingy,I'd be willing to give a pass.Good day sir.

Nobody is being sensitive. It's just obvious. I really don't care even though it's kind of a punk move.

The MO is to try to get into your opponent's head and under their skin. Something that Cal's made into an art form. Rinky dink art but art nonetheless.

It's not obvious, that's the point.

Its a bunch of kids getting hyped before the game, they weren't jestering like it was their court, or even looking down.

Their is nothing but your imagination turning it into some sort of disrespect.

It was an awesome, energy filled game, why be mad about something that you're not even sure what it was?

Good Lord, why can't rivalries have an ounce of fun. Classless? Do you have any idea how boring sports would be without some fun ribbing like this?

2009 was classless. DeMarcus elbowed a defenseless player, Delk tried to bait Bledsoe, etc. That sucked.

These last few years, I think we've both had some really likable rosters. Good game, btw. Snider was fire and your length exposed us.

Cardinals players dont do that in lexington.

Exactly. I think that says a lot there. Our team doesn't go out onto the wildcat logo before the game and jump around on it. Plus there is a recent history of uk players stomping on the Cardinal in a more deliberate manner.

That's why they don't get the benefit of the doubt here. It's not a big deal but don't act like it wasn't a deliberate act.

Anyway the only real thing that matters about the game is the scoreboard 73-70.

Reactions: TDredbird
Exactly. I think that says a lot there. Our team doesn't go out onto the wildcat logo before the game and jump around on it. Plus there is a recent history of uk players stomping on the Cardinal in a more deliberate manner.

That's why they don't get the benefit of the doubt here. It's not a big deal but don't act like it wasn't a deliberate act.

Anyway the only real thing that matters about the game is the scoreboard 73-70 Cards.

For Gods sake, there's nothing in the video showing an ounce of disrespect. It's a team gathered at mid court hyping themselves up.

Are you saying the Cardinals don't gather together before a game? We're they even present to witness the Cats disrespecting them?

You're making a mountain out of a molehill, and cheapening the game both teams played while at it.

Good luck the rest of the way.

It's not obvious, that's the point.

Its a bunch of kids getting hyped before the game, they weren't jestering like it was their court, or even looking down.

Their is nothing but your imagination turning it into some sort of disrespect.

It was an awesome, energy filled game, why be mad about something that you're not even sure what it was?
Once again Bill, I'm not mad. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan so I haven't been mad since Horse teeth Elway and "The Drive" some 30 years ago.

Here's a pic of John E: :D

Isn't Cal supposed to be in control of his team? Of course he will not know anything about this as he, as always has his head in the sand when it comes to his players and what they do.

For Gods sake, there's nothing in the video showing an ounce of disrespect. It's a team gathered at mid court hyping themselves up.

Are you saying the Cardinals don't gather together before a game? We're they even present to witness the Cats disrespecting them?

You're making a mountain out of a molehill, and cheapening the game both teams played while at it.

Good luck the rest of the way.
I can't tell if you are intentionally or unintentionally obtuse. If you can't see that the yut team choosing to gather and jump up and down on the UofL logo was intentional, you are unspeakably dim.

It's nothing to get get hyped up about but, it was a classless and intentional action.

Reactions: TDredbird

Karma.

John Wall never played UofL at YUM, and if he didm he wouldn't have lost. Weak
I saw it too. Punk move just like their football team in 2014. Anyone remember that d-bag they called Jorts? He was the one in 2011 that got down on the floor at Midcourt and pretended to wipe his ass on the Cardinal Logo.

Classy

Is that all you remember about Jorts from that game?

I can't tell if you are intentionally or unintentionally obtuse. If you can't see that the yut team choosing to gather and jump up and down on the UofL logo was intentional, you are unspeakably dim.

It's nothing to get get hyped up about but, it was a classless and intentional action.

Theirs nothing there to get upset about BP, it's simply kids getting jacked up before the game.
Are you a mind reader? Do those guys look like they're trying disrespect anyone?

Beating UK was a lot of fun, and I haven't had that much fun since Trump whacked Hillary I wish we still played Memphis State and Cincinnati, two great and close rivals.

Most teams gather in the circle around the free throw line at the end they are warming up on. They went out of their way to jump on the logo. That's what it looked like to me. It's a rivalry game and I guess you do what it takes to get ready.

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT