ADVERTISEMENT

Cards picked to finish 6th in the Atlantic.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
E7PfgMlXEAEWqCj

I get it. It's understandable. There's a zero % chance UofL finishes 6th in their division, however. But, hey, thanks for the added motivation.

FSU gets a bump because of name power. In points...we're essentially tied with Wake...so we're in the 4th-6th range in their predictions.

It's up to CSS to prove it. Our team the last 2 years was pretty much begging for a big play from Tutu, Hawkins, and Fitz and they're all gone. Defense is now decent, but a lot to prove. We can't really complain about "no respect" because we haven't earned it yet. Lamar and Teddy ain't walking through that door, so it's on Malik and the boys to prove it. I think they can finish 3rd or 4th easily, but we need to prove it on the field.

Cannot recall a season where I had no real sense of how this UL football team would perform. Even with Lamar, I never liked this idea of opening up the season against an SEC team, when most schools enjoy a warm up game at home against a less formidable opponent.

Malik Mecale Malik will return to form, and our O will be able to relax now that we have an actual defense to put on the field.

PG: over the years you have been a reliable source on both FB and BB; so share with me some of your reasons for such optimism for this 2021 football team, as this upcoming season is one that I am struggling to predict.

I think this points to the program not really being where we want it to be, despite what our hearts say. It's not about being negative or piling on but the program is just a couple years removed from one of the worst seasons I've seen in UofL history.

Y'all follow it more closely than I do, of course they can outperform that projection and maybe they can use it for motivation and do just that.

It seems they are just outmanned in some spots the last few years, so they need to really cut down on turnovers and find ways to win close games.

At first glance the schedule looks brutal for this team. If the Cards were holding a top 20ish team this would be a perfect schedule for them.

I think this points to the program not really being where we want it to be, despite what our hearts say. It's not about being negative or piling on but the program is just a couple years removed from one of the worst seasons I've seen in UofL history.

Y'all follow it more closely than I do, of course they can outperform that projection and maybe they can use it for motivation and do just that.

It seems they are just outmanned in some spots the last few years, so they need to really cut down on turnovers and find ways to win close games.

At first glance the schedule looks brutal for this team. If the Cards were holding a top 20ish team this would be a perfect schedule for them.
I think the '18 season needs an asterisk by it. It wasn't a normal season. Petrino quit. The players were demoralized. It was a lost year. Last year kind of was, too, with Covid, players missing time, and opt outs. The team was not prepared for that kind of turmoil. This year, we'll see if Satt is the guy and coach we saw in 2019. I think as we get closer to kickoff, my optimism grows. A couple of weeks ago, I had no idea what to expect. But, I think the team has something to prove. There won't be a repeat of last year. If there is, let's go find a new coach.

I think the '18 season needs an asterisk by it. It wasn't a normal season. Petrino quit. The players were demoralized. It was a lost year. Last year kind of was, too, with Covid, players missing time, and opt outs. The team was not prepared for that kind of turmoil. This year, we'll see if Satt is the guy and coach we saw in 2019. I think as we get closer to kickoff, my optimism grows. A couple of weeks ago, I had no idea what to expect. But, I think the team has something to prove. There won't be a repeat of last year. If there is, let's go find a new coach.
There's a whole lot in here that makes sense.

I just think overall this program ain't really where people want it to be, and maybe not actually where they see it.

When these neutral predictions put the Cards higher, we love them. We point to the big game vs Clemson, etc. When they place the Cards near the bottom, we question the predictions.

The game ain't played on paper!

The 2018 season was due to Bobby quitting and team turmoil, not talent.

But, 2018 led to a lot of transfers and a group of players not really being coached for a year. It led to us essentially not having a 2019 recruiting class and the 2020 class wasn't great because CSS needed to get numbers fast.

So we had some talent, but now we're going to see the 2018-2020 recruiting/development years he put us behind. So this is why this CURRENT year gives me pause. 2021 is truly the first time we'll have a complete group of Scott's guys, but they're all freshman. The rest of the roster is filled with Bobby leftovers, transfers, and from recruiting classes trying to get numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT