ADVERTISEMENT

Cards picked to finish 5th in the Atlantic Division

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
DizzDuGU8AAz22V.jpg

I get it. I have no problem with it. Just more fuel for the fire.

Suckers. Let them think that, but their about to get bobbied.

I will go with them with Clemson and that’s it. FSU is an unknown (New coach), and NCST will be tough, but Boston College.

Will finish third or higher. If they needed motivation, which I doubt they do, they just got it.

All we need is for our defense to be decent. I don’t think people realize how good our offense is going to be. When CBP says it’s going to be better than last year you better understand what that means. If our D can just hold its own lookout. If they do more then hold their own then there will be some shocked media people.

Last edited:
This is hilarious to me. This team was and still is more than just Lamar Jackson, and I guess that's the issue at play. Everyone who voted thinks no Lamar means no offense for the Cards.

Those who voted are in for a serious shock.

Go CARDS!!!

This is hilarious to me. This team was and still is more than just Lamar Jackson, and I guess that's the issue at play. Everyone who voted thinks no Lamar means no offense for the Cards.

Those who voted are in for a serious shock.

Go CARDS!!!
What’s funny, is that the offense will be more consistent, more efficient and less predictable this year! It will be way harder to prepare for us with Puma under center. Love me some Lamar, but those are facts!!!! The ACC also snubbed Dez, but he’s nationally recognized by the Belitnikoff committee (which includes guys who played the position). Talk to me September 1st at 11 pm!

GO CARDS‼️

Reactions: Cue Card
DizzDuGU8AAz22V.jpg

I get it. I have no problem with it. Just more fuel for the fire.
smart assed Cutcliffe snuck a first placed vote there
What can we say? it’s america’s best football conference. Better ingredients are hard to play against

So if this proves out to be the final standings for the 2018 ACC schedule where does that put Bobby?

- safe
- warm seat
- hot seat
- unemployed

Reactions: ALLNCARD
At first glance I was surprised where they voted us at 5th but then I thought about the coaches. The ACC has some really good coaches now, some who have been here for a few years rebuilding their teams. Some who are new but deserve elite status who have quickly improved their teams.

We are probably now in one of the best football conferences in the country. That being said I still think we end up finishing better than what they voted. I agree that our offense will be better and more unpredictable a return to CBP first edition. Our defense will be unpredictable as well, Inam looking forward to this year.

Why is this surprising? We were a little above mediocre with a Heisman winner and now that Heisman winner is gone. I do think we will finish higher than 5th but from an outsiders perspective, that is where we should be [or lower]

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
So if this proves out to be the final standings for the 2018 ACC schedule where does that put Bobby?

- safe
- warm seat
- hot seat
- unemployed

It'll be proven false unless there are a ton of injuries which the coaching staff can't overcome. Injuries can derail any team.

- safe
- warm seat
- hot seat
- unemployed

BP currently sits at 15th per Coaches on the Hot Seat. Not sure how much of that is performance related, however. I think it's more in regards to the power structure at the university. Grissom wants BP gone, would be my best educated guess. I'm not sure if the Cards have a sub par season Bobby's a goner. I mean, he's done a pretty decent job. Not great, but nowhere near fireable. The wheels would have to completely fall off for that to happen.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/

I agree CardX he is not in a position that he should be fired. That might change in the future but as of right now he is on solid ground. Grissom is the one that needs to go before he does anymore damage. I don't know if it is a good idea to talk about firing our coach in regards to recruiting.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Bobby has zero risk of being fired. And I don’t know who put him on any hot seat list that’s ridiculous. Plus as was mentioned above it won’t even come into play. Ridiculous!

We finished in a 3 way tie for 3rd last year. So the next team under us was 6th in the conference.

I dont think you can really dispute 5th with what we have returning and the question marks around the different areas of the team. 7 of 11 on D and QB.....those are big ????

Also, zero chance CBP is on warm or hot seat.

Petrino is nowhere near the hot seat, even with a 5th place finish this year. We have a lot of young, inexperienced talent so it may be an up and down year. That's also why the "experts" are having so much trouble evaluating us. Two of the best back-to-back recruiting classes in school history, but who will see the field THIS year, and how much? The future is certainly bright with this group.

BP currently sits at 15th per Coaches on the Hot Seat. Not sure how much of that is performance related, however. I think it's more in regards to the power structure at the university. Grissom wants BP gone, would be my best educated guess. I'm not sure if the Cards have a sub par season Bobby's a goner. I mean, he's done a pretty decent job. Not great, but nowhere near fireable. The wheels would have to completely fall off for that to happen.

How can Sumlin be on the hot seat before his first game? Holgerson looks like he’s finally getting it going in Morgantown. This list is ridiculous.

Even if we finish on the low end of wins, Petrino isn’t at risk of losing his job. I think he will lose a lot of fan support. I actually think the biggest thing working against him is that everyone sees Jeff Brohm sitting there in West Lafayette, waiting for the next big position to open up.

Bobby was Jurich’s Guy, almost as much as Pitino was. Heck, he hired him twice, and put up with his public dalliance with Auburn. I have no doubt that some on the board want to punish Bobby for past sins, even though he’s been clean since he’s returned. But there may be a desire among some to clean out the Jurich people. Who knows if Vince is one of them. Grissom probably doesn’t pay enough attention to “sports coaches” to know who Bobby is. But if he gives this board any excuse, he may be on thin ice. Dr Bendapudi came from Kansas, so she likely has no idea what football is.

Bobby was Jurich’s Guy, almost as much as Pitino was. Heck, he hired him twice, and put up with his public dalliance with Auburn. I have no doubt that some on the board want to punish Bobby for past sins, even though he’s been clean since he’s returned. But there may be a desire among some to clean out the Jurich people. Who knows if Vince is one of them. Grissom probably doesn’t pay enough attention to “sports coaches” to know who Bobby is. But if he gives this board any excuse, he may be on thin ice. Dr Bendapudi came from Kansas, so she likely has no idea what football is.

Grissom feels his job is to help enhance UofL's image. Petrino, in his eyes, is problematic towards his cause. We all know Petrino part II. He seems like a changed man. He's a grandfather now, he's been humbled. He's different. But, to the rest of the country, he's still a scum bag.

Bobby isn’t going anywhere and if they were cleaning house of TJ’s coaches well DM and JW would be gone.

I could careless about what a lot of media people think. They know very little about what’s going on here. So they pick us 5th doesn’t mean we finish 5th.

Probably will finish somewhere between 2 and 4. Clemson’s D-line will be gone next year though. This year I think they won’t give up more than 75 yds on the ground to anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT