ADVERTISEMENT

Cards ranked #18

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Can anyone explain the reluctance of voters to rank Louisville higher than they have so far this season?

Here is a long standing powerhouse program with Louisville who's in a very small group of teams that live in the elite 8 or better. They have a future Hall of fame coach and are 8 and 1 and yet they still can't make the top 15.

What gives? Why don't they get the benefit of any doubt? Uconn is 4 and 3 and ranked ahead of Louisville.

Now I understand that this Cards team no longer has the all-American player they usually have, but they have one of the most balanced, experienced and deep rosters in the game. There shouldn't be doubt, but expectations of success from these supposedly informed voters.

It's like they don't want to vote Louisville higher. Does anyone really believe if programs like Uconn, Tennessee, Stanford or Baylor were 8 and 1, they would only be ranked at #18?

Could be the eye test. While I don’t agree with using that as a measuring tool I think many do. With that being said, to me, UofL doesn’t look very quick. They appear a bit slow offensively and defensively. On offense, they still lack a nice flow. They show flashes, but overall they appear a bit methodical. Outside shooting has been streaky to say the least. However, this team is in - maybe - third gear. I think they will their fifth gear and be a very, very tough team. In the meantime, reduce TOs and just silly mistakes, that will be the difference of 8-10 pts a game right there.

Reactions: shutterbug
I tend to agree with your outlook of the team so far, but I've watched every game they have played. I have analyzed their strengths and weaknesses.

These voters mostly have not. They tend to need a reason to vote for Louisville instead of just giving them the benefit of their elite status with a 8 and 1 record.

Louisville normally is ranked in the top 10 with a 8 and 1 record. I just wonder why not this season. Well, the big game against Uconn is coming up. We'll see who's right then I guess.

Bard and Ville. I tend to disagree a bit. Think this team is coming along faster than I anticipated. During the first quarter of the game on Sunday I remarked to my fellow Card fans that it looked like there were 5 Mykasa Robinsons on the floor playing defense. Last minute throw them up shots went in for Kentucky, but that was sure some impressive defense I was observing.

This team is headed toward something special and i am still trying to put names to numbers.

Looking forward to Wednesday afternoon and to UConn this Saturday.

Last edited:
In order for this team to make a difference against top opponents they have to have a lock down defense and a strong rebounding team. Against sUcK we out rebounded them by 22. If we can continue to to get better at both then we can make a good run.

In order for this team to make a difference against top opponents they have to have a lock down defense and a strong rebounding team. Against sUcK we out rebounded them by 22. If we can continue to to get better at both then we can make a good run.
and… stop missing layups and chip shots. Honestly, they are their worse enemy right now. But, as mentioned, they need someone else to makes some shots from three. Curry and Russell are my choices.

Offense has a long way to go, but it is early. Once we get into conference play it will become evident where this team sits in terms of national ranking.

BIG Game Saturday and BIG game Wednesday! Hope we can get a huge crowd for the Washington game.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT