ADVERTISEMENT

Cards Fans, We Have A Problem

Right.
The guards cant keep the opposing guards in front of them in the half court.

Understand that it’s not something you do with this team for the whole game, for exactly the reason you mention. Just do it for a few minutes to start the game in order to allow the players to get into the mindset of being physically aggressive on both ends of the floor.

Understand that it’s not something you do with this team for the whole game, for exactly the reason you mention. Just do it for a few minutes to start the game in order to allow the players to get into the mindset of being physically aggressive on both ends of the floor.
I wouldn’t be against it. At least they would have to be engaged from the jump while pressing. It’s a good idea at least.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think its simply a case of playing to our level of competition. We suck against sucky teams. But we are more focused against better teams [sans UK].

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Maybe a couple of those freshmen are trying to take that leadership role that the other guys didn’t want to deal with last year and this year. Maybe the older guys aren’t taking kindly to a young whipper snapper. It’s CCM problem to solve. Get em Mack!

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
Maybe a couple of those freshmen are trying to take that leadership role that the other guys didn’t want to deal with last year and this year. Maybe the older guys aren’t taking kindly to a young whipper snapper. It’s CCM problem to solve. Get em Mack!

Well someone has to take the leadership role. It appears that our older players don’t particularly want the role. And, big AND, if that is the case then allow the younger guys the opportunity. I think this what we just might see on Wednesday versus Syracuse.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

This has been an inexplicable collapse these last couple of games, which includes one of the worst halves I've seen today.

Last year, this happened after the Duke loss but this year what is the reason? I'm not giving up on them by any means but this is trending toward a place I didn't want to revisit again so soon.

The first half of the game versus Virginia was perhaps the best half of college basketball that I've seen this season. That was 2.5 games ago, so while the recent trend is troubling I don't want to overreact to it, either. A lot changed in two games, a lot can change in the next month.

The first half of the game versus Virginia was perhaps the best half of college basketball that I've seen this season. That was 2.5 games ago, so while the recent trend is troubling I don't want to overreact to it, either. A lot changed in two games, a lot can change in the next month.

Very true which is why the sudden regression is all the more puzzling. Maybe as a fan I'm overthinking things. The team could certainly turn things around and I hope they do. It's just that the late season collapse of last year is still fresh on fan's minds.

But could it really be something more simple? One of the few great open made 3s agsinst Clemson came from Sam after some good ball movement. Something we saw precious little of the last two games. It just seemed like multiple players wanted to be anywhere else than on the court and played as such that seems concerning.

Reactions: Cue Card

The recent trend is odd to say the least. I’m getting vibes of Petrino’s last year here, just waiting for that offense of his to get going which never happened. Hopefully we get out of this funk. The guys showed no signs of life these past two games, but have had a great year, so there is hope.

Very true which is why the sudden regression is all the more puzzling. Maybe as a fan I'm overthinking things. The team could certainly turn things around and I hope they do. It's just that the late season collapse of last year is still fresh on fan's minds.

But could it really be something more simple? One of the few great open made 3s agsinst Clemson came from Sam after some good ball movement. Something we saw precious little of the last two games. It just seemed like multiple players wanted to be anywhere else than on the court and played as such that seems concerning.

Yes, the ball movement has been terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT