ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on respect for Rick

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Don't have the link,but caught the end of Cal's presser after the Utah game. He said he thought the fans would respect what Rick had done and more or less welcome him to be honored at some point.
The 98 team must've been honored at the Utah game,but no Rick Pitino.

I wonder why?:rolleyes:

It's my understanding Pitino had a prior engagement and couldn't make it. Mashburn wasn't there either because of a prior engagement and I think they were celebrating the 1993 team.

I understand why Pitino got fired. All the crap that went on under his nose led to his demise. I get it, but it seems pretty clear now the FBI was not and still IS not serious about cleaning up college sports. They grabbed the low hanging fruit to grand stand and now nothing.

UofL athletics has suffered the most and it isn't fair. There are plenty of other athletic departments out there that were implicated in this FBI crap, er...investigation, and none of them have went to the lengths the Cards have to clean their own house. None of them.

I personally never cared for Rick Pitino the person. I always felt he was a drama queen and his constant exaggerations irked me. He is one hell of a coach though, and his punishment for his lack of oversight is getting blackballed into retirement. Nobody wants his baggage. Not even UofK.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I think that Cal calling for it would help him make Pitino look like his biatch.

At the same time, what Pitino allowed to happen to us made a lot of UK fans happy. So, they might welcome him.

I just don't really see Pitino ever going back to Rupp. It would've been cooler had Cal tried to bridge the gap between the BBN and Pitino years ago.
Oh well.

It's my understanding Pitino had a prior engagement and couldn't make it. Mashburn wasn't there either because of a prior engagement and I think they were celebrating the 1993 team.

I understand why Pitino got fired. All the crap that went on under his nose led to his demise. I get it, but it seems pretty clear now the FBI was not and still IS not serious about cleaning up college sports. They grabbed the low hanging fruit to grand stand and now nothing.

UofL athletics has suffered the most and it isn't fair. There are plenty of other athletic departments out there that were implicated in this FBI crap, er...investigation, and none of them have went to the lengths the Cards have to clean their own house. None of them.

I personally never cared for Rick Pitino the person. I always felt he was a drama queen and his constant exaggerations irked me. He is one hell of a coach though, and his punishment for his lack of oversight is getting blackballed into retirement. Nobody wants his baggage. Not even UofK.
The NCAA is just starting its investigation and they are using evidence provided thru the trials. When this is done, others will be punished. Its unfortunate for UL that some coaches were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and right when major sanctions were being announced.

The NCAA is just starting its investigation and they are using evidence provided thru the trials. When this is done, others will be punished. Its unfortunate for UL that some coaches were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and right when major sanctions were being announced.
It's unfortunate for everyone that they never got into what Nike was doing either.

It's unfortunate for everyone that they never got into what Nike was doing either.
That's exactly right. I was really hopeful the feds were going to blow it all up and finally clean it up, but as it turns out it was just postering on their part with no real intent to do anything about the corruption.

Is he just trying to deflect some of whats going on around there right now. 50% of the fanbase is losing their minds and let me tell you a lot of those mofo's can't afford that. If we end up beating them on the 29th, look out!!!

Is he just trying to deflect some of whats going on around there right now. 50% of the fanbase is losing their minds and let me tell you a lot of those mofo's can't afford that. If we end up beating them on the 29th, look out!!!
Thats all it is about with Cal total deflection from this season. He don't give a dam about Rick as Rick doesn't him.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Thats all it is about with Cal total deflection from this season. He don't give a dam about Rick as Rick doesn't him.
One side of me is in total agreement with your post, but another side has a small doubt. Cal was the first coach to welcome Joe B to be back around the program of which I am aware. This may be a similar move or just a ploy to deflect attention from current situation. IDK. It is hard for me imagine those two divas together for any reason.

One side of me is in total agreement with your post, but another side has a small doubt. Cal was the first coach to welcome Joe B to be back around the program of which I am aware. This may be a similar move or just a ploy to deflect attention from current situation. IDK. It is hard for me imagine those two divas together for any reason.
When does the Ex wife invite the new wife over for girls nite?

I know, I know. If you don't like a thread topic, don't respond. But after seeing this yesterday, then hearing local radio guys talk about it, I'm flabbergasted. Like, who gives a f***?

I know, I know. If you don't like a thread topic, don't respond. But after seeing this yesterday, then hearing local radio guys talk about it, I'm flabbergasted. Like, who gives a f***?
The undercover UK media lovers On Deeners show he got mad at Perrin because Perrin attempted to talk about U of L BB instead of this. Another media member even stated that Rick seemed to be the one with the problem with Cal LOL!

???

I know you're mad at Rick. So am I. This is not a feel sorry for Rick thread.Heed your own advice and move the **** on.

Last edited:
Behind doors, Cal probably wants to thank RP for helping bring down UofL bball. That's the only reason UK fans would ever cheer for him on a return is because of that.
Not sure about the first part,but I agree with the second part.Hit Cardinal Nation with a low blow.Cal wanting Pitino to come back at this point makes me want to puke.

Don’t let those low-functioning, refuse-to-think-for-themselves, tribalistic morons fool you. All that matters to UK fans is that Pitino spurned them and coached at UofL. They don’t care about anything he did or didn’t do outside of a game. Pitino was never a good guy. Not at UK, and not at UofL. He was incredibly narcissistic even for a high-level basketball coach. He functions barely above Trump in regard to his lack of character, respect for others, empathy, self-awareness, honesty and decency.

But Pitino was a heck of a basketball coach
! And that’s all UK fans ever really cared about. They can’t separate the person from the number of basketball wins. Win a lot, especially an NCAA championship, and their coach could molest children on national TV and they wouldn’t care. They would talk wistfully about how great he was and how his actions were misconstrued. But lose enough games, especially if your skin is a little too dark, and they will spew hate, disgust and vitriol to a degree that one would think the coach personally committed a crime against them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT