ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm buyout

True, but what is killing me is the stupid penalties. How the hell do you have 12 men on the field FOUR times? Stuff like that is inexcusable.

Getting trashed by Bama is not the end of a season. But the penalties and missed tackles look very Kragthorpian.

Reactions: PushupMan
The dumb penalties are just a repeat of last year. I’m sure we will whoop up on a lesser opponent and some will think all is well

Stefan Lefors is not walking through that door. Eric Shelton is not walking through that door. Mike Bush, Brian Brohm and Harry Douglas are not walking through that door.

Stefan Lefors is not walking through that door. Eric Shelton is not walking through that door. Mike Bush, Brian Brohm and Harry Douglas are not walking through that door.
No, they're not. But I would like to see some of their poise and discipline come out of the tunnel.

Stop. My God, you guys are embarrassing.

Waxing ISU and Western only to blow it against an inferior ACC team wont suffice.
Hell, he cant even blow out SuCkS at home.

They should/could finish 10-2, 9-3, but theyll blow it against one of those ACC teams.

Petrino has taken them as far as he can.
Brohm can take them to the next level.

True, but what is killing me is the stupid penalties. How the hell do you have 12 men on the field FOUR times? Stuff like that is inexcusable.

Getting trashed by Bama is not the end of a season. But the penalties and missed tackles look very Kragthorpian.
Missed tackles were better than last season. This defense was far superior to the one that took the field against BC and Wake forest last year. When you can count on one hand the times that the D allowed more than 2 missed tackles on a play, that is improvement from the last 2 seasons. Especially against Bama. People are bringing up buzz words from last year. This defense just went up against a bigger, faster, stronger squad. They played hard, showed improvement in fundamental tackling, and didn’t give up when the game was in the final minutes. Sirmon’s D and even Grantham’s D couldn’t say that. Attitude from the defense looked 10 times better.

No, they're not. But I would like to see some of their poise and discipline come out of the tunnel.
Came over here to see what you were saying about Brohm. For the record, Purdue threw 3 interceptions, had 9 penalties (including a big one that took our chance to win the game away), and I don't even know how many missed tackles.

Reactions: One Bad Bird
Came over here to see what you were saying about Brohm. For the record, Purdue threw 3 interceptions, had 9 penalties (including a big one that took our chance to win the game away), and I don't even know how many missed tackles.

Give Brohm the HC of the Cards 15,16, and 17 teams and the Cards win 10 games, beat Clemson, win the ACC Atlantic and go to the playoffs during the 16 season.

Its not a matter of if, but when Brohm will be Head Coach at his alma mater, UofL.

Reactions: earsky
Give Brohm the HC of the Cards 15,16, and 17 teams and the Cards win 10 games, beat Clemson, win the ACC Atlantic and go to the playoffs during the 16 season.

Its not a matter of if, but when Brohm will be Head Coach at his alma mater, UofL.

Hopefully it's down the road! He's got a pretty good gig at Purdue and I'd like to see him finish the job. I know our AD won't let him go without a fight, so the cards will likely have to pay a pretty penny.

All I know is Brohm took WKU to Tuscaloosa 2 years ago and played them much closer, tougher and cleaner than we did last night. Saban also called T Taylor from PRP the best WR they played the whole year. He didn't have many good things to say about our WR's last night and should not have, they didn't come anywhere close to backing up their talk.

All that said, it's not Brohm's buyout that will keep CBP here through 2019 it's CBP's! We will be much more talented and experienced in 2019, if CBP doesn't get us farther after that season, I'll join the bitching band. Just not yet.

The dumb penalties are just a repeat of last year. I’m sure we will whoop up on a lesser opponent and some will think all is well

That is what will happen. Bottom line is Petrino has no signature wins since he came back. I don
All that said, it's not Brohm's buyout that will keep CBP here through 2019 it's CBP's! We will be much more talented and experienced in 2019, if CBP doesn't get us farther after that season, I'll join the bitching band. Just not yet.

There is no basis for saying we will be more talented in 2019. The talent in the program continues to decrease since Petrino took over Strong's players. This team looks slower and smaller every year.

Reactions: wilkie01
All I know is Brohm took WKU to Tuscaloosa 2 years ago and played them much closer, tougher and cleaner than we did last night. Saban also called T Taylor from PRP the best WR they played the whole year. He didn't have many good things to say about our WR's last night and should not have, they didn't come anywhere close to backing up their talk.
Brohm had a NFL QB then, not that Puma won’t get there. Apples and oranges.

Lol. Some of you are really delusional. Before the game it was A known fact that we were replacing most of our defense including our secondary, breaking in a new quarterback and missing a position coach, (l think the 12th man on the field twice were tight ends), and playing a defending national champion away from home.

I think they did a great job under the circumstances. To me, the score was not indicative of the effort. Special teams breakdowns and occasional blown assignments led to the the score differential.

The season is promising and the best news yet is that we will have most of the same team next year.

None of those players had to play the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Florida State etc. You guys are jumping the gun on what was a gut wrenching loss.

Waxing ISU and Western only to blow it against an inferior ACC team wont suffice.

They should/could finish 10-2, 9-3, but theyll blow it against one of those ACC teams.

Wow Kerry, I am surprised to see how you are reacting to the game. I love the idea of Jeff one day becoming our coach, but his team's have consistently been pretty bad defensively at every stop so far.

To all the Petrino defenders, justify:

1) 12 men on the field penalties.
2) Improper blocking penalties
3) Special teams sucking for the fourth year in a row.
4) The lack of a running game beside Jackson since Bobby 2.0 has been back?
5) Our confusion on the sidelines
6) Lack of self control on all sides of the ball and abundance of stupid penalties?

This all comes from improper coaching and leadership.

Wow Kerry, I am surprised to see how you are reacting to the game. I love the idea of Jeff one day becoming our coach, but his team's have consistently been pretty bad defensively at every stop so far.

The Cards are 9-9, 8-9 since the lost to Clemson in 2016.
The fact they played their best game in a LOSS speaks volumes.
Petrino inherited tons of talent, signed NFL players and has yet to win 10 games.

Brohm has coached at subpar schools in comparison to Petrino.
Brohm just started his 3rd yr as a HC.
Petrino has been a HC over 15 years.

No I didnt expect to beat Bama with all the new players. Still no excuses for being made to look like an FCS team.

Bama could have scored 80 and Petrino couldn't, actually wouldn't have done a damn thing about it.

I didn’t expect to beat them but did expect it to be a respectable score. I thought we were a top 50 team and feel it should have been closer.

The Cards are 9-9, 8-9 since the lost to Clemson in 2016.
The fact they played their best game in a LOSS speaks volumes.
Petrino inherited tons of talent, signed NFL players and has yet to win 10 games.

Brohm has coached at subpar schools in comparison to Petrino.
Brohm just started his 3rd yr as a HC.
Petrino has been a HC over 15 years.

No I didnt expect to beat Bama with all the new players. Still no excuses for being made to look like an FCS team.

Bama could have scored 80 and Petrino couldn't, actually wouldn't have done a damn thing about it.

You are spot on!

That is what will happen. Bottom line is Petrino has no signature wins since he came back. I don

There is no basis for saying we will be more talented in 2019. The talent in the program continues to decrease since Petrino took over Strong's players. This team looks slower and smaller every year.
The recruiting rankings the last 2 years say you are wrong. Charlie never had a Top 25 class either, just saying. Our best talent is in the Freshman and Sophomore classes, so yes, with more experience we will be more talented and experienced. Damn it sucks to be you!

Serious question. Bobby is probably done in 3-4 years either way. If Jeff Brohm proves not to be the guy for whatever reason how would you guys feel about Hugh Freeze or Josh Huepel (sp)?

The defenders of Petrino are very
The recruiting rankings the last 2 years say you are wrong. Charlie never had a Top 25 class either, just saying. Our best talent is in the Freshman and Sophomore classes, so yes, with more experience we will be more talented and experienced. Damn it sucks to be you!
Wrong about what? If you don't see the difference in the talent we had then versus now based on the actual product on the field that is clearly on you.

You may want Petrino gone, but Saturday's outcome is not your best argument for that...

Youre right about Bama.
What about the bowl debacle against Miss state ? They didnt have hardly any coaches .
Giving up 45 to BC at home
Losing to Weak Forest. Waxed by NC State and Clemson.

Year before, waxed in a bowl by LSU.
LOSING TO SuCkS AT HOME.
Losing to Houston two straight years. Theyre a G5 school.

Not winning 10 games despite the NFL talent Strong left, and the NFL talent
Petrino has signed.

44-9 isnt walking through that door.
2.0 should walk out. He's stealing money.

Reactions: gocards1987
Youre right about Bama.
What about the bowl debacle against Miss state ? They didnt have hardly any coaches .

LOSING TO SuCkS AT HOME.

Petrino has signed.

Lol.

Reactions: zipp
This thread is plain stupid. Puma put more yard on Bama then any QB last year. It was Bama. I think I’ll hold judgement until the seasons over. And as far as I’m concerned Brohm has done nothing yet of any significants.

Youre right about Bama.

LOSING TO SuCkS AT HOME.

Petrino has signed.

Neither is a C-USA schedule or Big East schedule.

Reactions: Mayoman

Northwestern isn't on the next level...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT