ADVERTISEMENT

Bozich following the CJ bias directed for UK and against UL

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
Sometimes it’s subtle, other times it is more obvious than others. I have long believed, that aside from the self destructive events that UL is responsible for itself, the CJ, some local media and a lot of political influences in Frankfort have a very serious bias against UL, and an equally protective bias for UK.

Bozich in his frequent WDRB Sports articles provide UK cover and excuses regardless of wins or losses, conversely his treatment of UL is dismissive in Card wins, and is most critical in its losses. The latest example of Bozich treatment of UK can be viewed in his morning article on UK’s loss in Baton Rouge. Bozich correctly noted that Washington left the game in the 2nd half, but he went further by excusing the multiple missed shots, missed free throws and multiple turnovers as a result of Washington’s injury. If you watched the game last night as I did; UK took a lead in the 2nd half by coming out and hitting 6-8 of their 3 pointers, after having gone just 1-11 in the first half. The Cats built a 9 point lead, before it evaporated into a 7 point LSU lead.

When UL traveled to Diddle Arena, they did so without Malik Williams, but Bozich was not so generous in excusing the UL loss despite the circumstances.

Might sound petty, but to me it screams an agenda of overt bias ……. Just pointing it out.

I have even noticed it when they are reporting or not reporting women’s basketball.

Drew Diener and his obnoxious sidekick (The Process?) are the same way. Praise for Ky when they win or lose, run down Louisville because they lost or didn’t win big enough. These 2 clowns work for a UofL centric radio station. They are paid to be UofL “fans”….

I know they read these boards too because the obnoxious sidekick calls all of us “angry old boomers”. 😂😂

Drew Diener and his obnoxious sidekick (The Process?) are the same way. Praise for Ky when they win or lose, run down Louisville because they lost or didn’t win big enough. These 2 clowns work for a UofL centric radio station. They are paid to be UofL “fans”….

I know they read these boards too because the obnoxious sidekick calls all of us “angry old boomers”. 😂😂
I totally agree with your assessment. Deener is a low-key UofL hater, always has been since I've listened to him. In my opinion, you have to listen closely to catch his endless jabs. But he sure has no problem taking advantage of all the UofL trappings, access and perks he receives from being UofL media. And I use the term UofL media extremely loose...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I expect it from the CJ, and other local media, but it is difficult to understand how this school supports folks like Deener. UK would not tolerate that for a second.

Bozich was merely echoing what his boy Cal was whining about after the game.
Blah blah blah...different rotations,missed shots,new rotations.
Blah blah blah😂

Deener and The Process are really not much different than our fanbase in my opinion...I listen to him virtually every day and he is just someone else sitting in the middle of the loud barrel of negativity surrounding everything with the term Louisville attached to it. When I think of the consummate UofL fan I think of someone running around in their yard frantically yelling up to the Heavens "WWWWHHHHYYYY?!?!?"

They're just a reflection of that...Bozich though, I just cut him off of any social media following as a de facto New Year's Eve resolution. There is something else at work with him that I really can't stand. Not just Contrarian but like a Country Club derision of you just don't belong Louisville, so move along. It was something we really fought into the '80's in this town.

Reactions: earsky and Guardman
There is something else at work with him that I really can't stand. Not just Contrarian but like a Country Club derision of you just don't belong Louisville, so move along. It was something we really fought into the '80's in this town.
100% spot on.

It is why he foolishly annually pumps up IU with a bunch of bloviation only to get let down once they start playing the games. Entitlement, head buried in the sand. He's a fanboy.

Bozich has the arrogant, smug, IU-Bloomington attitude in spades. His son is even worse….pretty sure his son used to have a Twitter account that attacked everything Louisville. For a school that’s not even considered a rival, Louisville is on their mind quite a bit.

I totally agree with your assessment. Deener is a low-key UofL hater, always has been since I've listened to him. In my opinion, you have to listen closely to catch his endless jabs. But he sure has no problem taking advantage of all the UofL trappings, access and perks he receives from being UofL media. And I use the term UofL media extremely loose...
It wouldn’t surprise me if Deener is the Mole we all know is hanging around the athletic department. The Process isn’t that smart to be anything but a sidekick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT