ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen May be Reinstated

Likely more to the story than anyone will ever hear to spend the night in jail. He would have had to have been awful rowdy to get picked up for PI. That charge was more probably what it got knocked down to.

Gotta follow what rules you set for the team.
Bad move by the punter at a bad time.

Likely more to the story than anyone will ever hear to spend the night in jail. He would have had to have been awful rowdy to get picked up for PI. That charge was more probably what it got knocked down to.

Interesting how there's an LPT standard for basketball and one for the rest of the athletic department...

Interesting how there's an LPT standard for basketball and one for the rest of the athletic department...
Yup. If you're a six eight, six nine forward that can shoot the alcohol tolerance level goes up.

Actually, would likely say that ruling was Stoops alone. Not sure if Calipari has one for the basketball program. Most don't stay long enough to get caught breaking whatever it is.
I'm the wrong dude to say anything on that.....UK hiring Cal gave me a lot more free time in the winter. Never been a huge fan of his style. Likely why Barnhart has an assistant over basketball that deals with Calipari while he does other stuff.
Not like the kid was shoplifting in China is it?

It was actually his lack of rowdiness that got him picked up. My man was sleeping

Comparing what schools get in trouble for is a tricky deal. In my fan-lifetime, the Eddie Sutton deal with Eric Manuel was the worst. That had been opened up by the thousand dollar package that somehow, someway accidentally came open where surprisingly someone working on that line knew to call the NCAA....and that brought all the other stuff to surface.
The old saying is you go to hell just as quick for lying as you do killing someone. So one 'bad' violation doesn't trump another.
I really believe in power 5 sports the deal isn't between dirty and clean its between caught and uncaught.
Yeah, this deal the Cards are going through is bad, but they all are.
As far as Tom Jurich vs the other ADs, the man at the top often slides by the first problem, but after that usually not.
Truth is if he had released Pitino after Minardi Hall, he would likely still be the AD. Some folks on here call it friendship, some call it a calculated risk, some other things. There wouldn't have been the area for Grissom or Postel to pry him out....no matter what their motives were.

Reactions: zipp
Comparing what schools get in trouble for is a tricky deal...
A fact evidently not lost on EVERY slapd!ck...

DSC_0831.jpg

Gary Parrish, is reporting UL has ruled Bowen ineligible. Tyra having to earn his paycheck, but a step in the right direction

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT