ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen May be Reinstated

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Being reported by CJ. Apparently Bowen’s attorney is following the Cam Newton playbook and Bowen has remained enrolled in school.

Reactions: Deeva
If NCAA clears him then why not let him play. They can’t punish us for the games he plays if he is cleared. We’re kinda gong all in on this year anyway.

Reactions: Deeva
I hope Bowen IS reinstated.

Not because it helps the team...couldn't care less. I want this carried over to the current, sanctimonious administration. They already said they're good with the adidas deal.

Scumbags...

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

Reactions: PHCARD
Being mad at Postel or Grissom is one thing, to be mad at Tyra and basically hope that he fails is just unhinged.
He's a liar, he's not transparent (prior Grissom association), and he was hand picked by the scumbags he now works for. Call it "unhinged" or present your evidence otherwise.

And I hope he reinstates Bowen...one more feather in his cap.

Being reported by CJ. Apparently Bowen’s attorney is following the Cam Newton playbook and Bowen has remained enrolled in school.
He's a liar, he's not transparent (prior Grissom association), and he was hand picked by the scumbags he now works for. Call it "unhinged" or present your evidence otherwise.

……..and that's a good thing?

I’m unaware of where he has lied and I don’t recall him denying he had any prior dealings with Grissom. If your conspiracy theories are correct, then you better hope Tyra is effective (assuming you are still a UofL supporter) cause he might be the only thing in between the Board and athletics Armageddon

……..and that's a good thing?

It’s good that the FBI has wrapped up its investigation of Bowen and presumably UofL. Otherwise, in large part I just find it comical. The Cam Newton ruling was ridiculous and this will be too if he is ruled eligible.

I’m unaware of where he has lied and I don’t recall him denying he had any prior dealings with Grissom. If your conspiracy theories are correct, then you better hope Tyra is effective (assuming you are still a UofL supporter) cause he might be the only thing in between the Board and athletics Armageddon
Jurich confirmed today Tyra was a liar with his "good friend" remark. I suspected it when it was made. And BTW, you know Jurich would take the high road rather than say outright the other guy's a liar.

The Grissom stuff surfaced a day or two after Tyra was appointed, and I've heard it from more than one source. If you want to discredit it with your own research, be my guest. It makes perfect sense to me how this Cat surfaced out of nowhere with zero credentials to be an AD anywhere.

I don't fear the BOT will try to make their own stooge look bad ("Armageddon"). Tyra will do their bidding, however, which is how this Cat got the job. You think they want anyone in that job at the moment other than a puppet?

As far as questioning my desire for him to fail, the question I ask in response is "what's the downside?" Fund raising declines?...I HOPE that happens and it looks like it's already happening. U of L teams falter due to his mismanagement?...Could be, but that's the hand we've been dealt. My fan support isn't predicated on how many wins we get anyway. And why would I want Tyra to look good undeservedly? Jurich built these programs, and I should want this Cat to benefit from that? Right...

Jurich confirmed today Tyra was a liar with his "good friend" remark. I suspected it when it was made. And BTW, you know Jurich would take the high road rather than say outright the other guy's a liar.

The Grissom stuff surfaced a day or two after Tyra was appointed, and I've heard it from more than one source. If you want to discredit it with your own research, be my guest. It makes perfect sense to me how this Cat surfaced out of nowhere with zero credentials to be an AD anywhere.

I don't fear the BOT will try to make their own stooge look bad ("Armageddon"). Tyra will do their bidding, however, which is how this Cat got the job. You think they want anyone in that job at the moment other than a puppet?

As far as questioning my desire for him to fail, the question I ask in response is "what's the downside?" Fund raising declines?...I HOPE that happens and it looks like it's already happening. U of L teams falter due to his mismanagement?...Could be, but that's the hand we've been dealt. My fan support isn't predicated on how many wins we get anyway. And why would I want Tyra to look good undeservedly? Jurich built these programs, and I should want this Cat to benefit from that? Right...

"Jurich confirmed today Tyra was a liar with his "good friend" remark"
I have no idea what you are referencing, but sounds like small potatoes to fit your agenda

"If you want to discredit it with your own research, be my guest."
You made the claim that Tyra was not being transparent. If you are going to make the claim, then the onus would be on you to prove your claim. It's tough to research something that apparently didn't happen.

"And why would I want Tyra to look good undeservedly? Jurich built these programs, and I should want this Cat to benefit from that?"
Looks like you support the University of Tom. Pretty sad to discredit each person, donors, coaches, prior AD's, administrators, etc that played a role in building UofL athletics to where it is. Get better, not bitter.

just because the fbi cleared him doesn't mean ncaa wouldn't act differently
He’s already been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. The only thing preventing him from being reinstated was the Adidas investigation, for which he has been cleared. The administration has put themselves in a difficult spot: don’t reinstate him and deal with Bowen's attorney, or reinstate him and draw into question your own moves: possibly against Pitino, surely against Jurich. They may end up paying Bowen anyway. Now wouldn’t that be interesting?

Reactions: BPGhost and Deeva
He’s already been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. The only thing preventing him from being reinstated was the Adidas investigation, for which he has been cleared. The administration has put themselves in a difficult spot: don’t reinstate him and deal with Bowen's attorney, or reinstate him and draw into question your own moves: possibly against Pitino, surely against Jurich. They may end up paying Bowen anyway. Now wouldn’t that be interesting?
The NCAA clearinghouse involves academics. It has nothing to do with potential rules violations outside of being academically cleared to play. The FBI sent out a poorly worded statement. Personally, I think UL has enough going on, no need to risk the season by playing someone who will likely never be reinstated by the NCAA. I'm not sure why the Atlanta attorney thinks Bowen can win this. The rules were changed after Cam. Parents who take money for their child's play are acting as agents. UL is good enough this year, there is no sense in risking their season chasing a pipe dream.

Bowen was not "cleared" in the Adidas investigation for purposes of the NCAA. The FBI indicated that the "investigational impediments" were over, which means that it has completed its investigation of that particular incident, so Louisville and the NCAA are now free to do whatever they need to do, which they could not do before because the FBI was still investigating. No one was criminally charged in the Louisville case because it only involved payments to a player, which is not illegal whatsoever (no different than paying an employee). The cases where coaches were charged involved coaches enriching themselves at the expense of players who they have a fiduciary duty to look out for.

In any event, there are recordings of Louisville coaches arranging for the payment, so it is difficult to imagine a scenario where he would be eligible at Louisville if anywhere, especially given the Cam Newton rule.

Bowen was not "cleared" in the Adidas investigation for purposes of the NCAA. The FBI indicated that the "investigational impediments" were over, which means that it has completed its investigation of that particular incident, so Louisville and the NCAA are now free to do whatever they need to do, which they could not do before because the FBI was still investigating. No one was criminally charged in the Louisville case because it only involved payments to a player, which is not illegal whatsoever (no different than paying an employee). The cases where coaches were charged involved coaches enriching themselves at the expense of players who they have a fiduciary duty to look out for.

In any event, there are recordings of Louisville coaches arranging for the payment, so it is difficult to imagine a scenario where he would be eligible at Louisville if anywhere, especially given the Cam Newton rule.

Thank you for your concern. Will you be buying season tickets?

And that’s where you’re wrong. The video is for a 2019 recruit, not Bowen. The video was late July, where Bowen had already committed. in early June. The video is for a completely different recruit and a lot of people seem to miss that.

Reactions: Cue Card
And that’s where you’re wrong. The video is for a 2019 recruit, not Bowen. The video was late July, where Bowen had already committed. in early June. The video is for a completely different recruit and a lot of people seem to miss that.
I am not sure you are 100 percent correct, but assuming you are then no Louisville assistant made arrangements or knew of this deal with the father then U of L/Bowen would have a case. I think an assistant is on tape concerning both Bowen and the future recruit.

From listening to 93.9 this morning, it seems all this means is that the FBI is done with the Bowen situation and Louisville is free to do their own investigation without getting in the FBIs way in regards to Bowen. That said, considering there is a recorded conversation with Jordan Fair saying to wire money ($20k now, $100k in time) to Brian Bowen's family, I don't see this taking long to investigate and say "ah hell naw."

Bowen by all accounts is a great guy and was a great teammate in workouts, but he is the posterboy for this mess and I can't believe we are even talking about having him play. Even if Bowen Sr wires back the $20k (lol - I can't believe I am even writing this) and then then NCAA declares him eligible (common sense says how could they?). But Bowen hasn't done that, there is a recorded conversation about $100k, a wire with $20k, and I don't see the NCAA declaring him eligible.

Present evidence that he's liar. TIA

From listening to 93.9 this morning, it seems all this means is that the FBI is done with the Bowen situation and Louisville is free to do their own investigation without getting in the FBIs way in regards to Bowen. That said, considering there is a recorded conversation with Jordan Fair saying to wire money ($20k now, $100k in time) to Brian Bowen's family, I don't see this taking long to investigate and say "ah hell naw."

Bowen by all accounts is a great guy and was a great teammate in workouts, but he is the posterboy for this mess and I can't believe we are even talking about having him play. Even if Bowen Sr wires back the $20k (lol - I can't believe I am even writing this) and then then NCAA declares him eligible (common sense says how could they?). But Bowen hasn't done that, there is a recorded conversation about $100k, a wire with $20k, and I don't see the NCAA declaring him eligible.

Actually its my understanding that the burden of proof is on the NCAA to show that Bowen knowingly benefited from his fathers involvement with the money. The big question is whether or not UL wants to even allow Bowen to play for the program.

Here you guys go....first minor test for Mr Tyra and a new head coach.

Summing up...The FBI is done investigating Mr Bowen. They have given UofL permission to see if they believe the young man is subject to NCAA disqualification. The FBI was and is only interested in Bowens involvement in THEIR case, not if he can play basketball.
The NCAA has been, from what I've read, asked to NOT start investigations into the schools until the FBI was done with them.
So here you go. IS Bowen eligible? There have been lots of kids at lots of schools that have played then been later to have been found ineligible.
Does Bowen have the Cam Newton defense?
Mr Bowen has not been charged with bribing or accepting a bribe. The question is will the NCAA even bother to investigate/ rule on this.
Powers that be just have to make a call whether this is worth a calculated risk.
Big gamble.

Present evidence that he's liar. TIA
Already have. Tyra called Jurich a "good friend" in his intro presser. This week, Jurich said he barely knows him.

That's why this Cat took his job...

"Jurich confirmed today Tyra was a liar with his "good friend" remark. I have no idea what you are referencing, but sounds like small potatoes to fit your agenda...
Just explained it again in the prior post. Sure it's "small potatoes" if you support the scumbags.
..."If you want to discredit it with your own research, be my guest." You made the claim that Tyra was not being transparent. If you are going to make the claim, then the onus would be on you to prove your claim. It's tough to research something that apparently didn't happen...
Tyra and his bosses raised the transparency issue, I simply piggybacked it with his lack thereof. And it's not my job to educate you. The linkage between him and Grissom is evidently there. Debating that makes someone look like they'd rather not discuss it.
..."And why would I want Tyra to look good undeservedly? Jurich built these programs, and I should want this Cat to benefit from that?" Looks like you support the University of Tom. Pretty sad to discredit each person, donors, coaches, prior AD's, administrators, etc that played a role in building UofL athletics to where it is. Get better, not bitter.
Don't put words in my mouth. Jurich is gone, and he's about the get rich(er). This is about a scumbag trying like hell to take his place...

Already have. Tyra called Jurich a "good friend" in his intro presser. This week, Jurich said he barely knows him.

/QUOTE]

Zipp with the smoking gun! Actually Tyra said that Jurich was a friend and had been good to Tyra’s family. Tyra has also been a valuable mentor to Mark Jurich.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Of all the people to be angry with I'm surprised Tyra is drawing such ire. That dude is thrusted into a tough spot and by all accounts seems to want to do well for the university.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

Source? Also, that’s word of mouth journalism from someone who’s reputation was literally tarnished this past month..

Of all the people to be angry with I'm surprised Tyra is drawing such ire. That dude is thrusted into a tough spot and by all accounts seems to want to do well for the university.
The homers here are attatched to TJ’s nutsack holding “free tom” signs in sweatpants & sketchers in the middle of Belknap, so their opinion is slightly skewed.

Source? Also, that’s word of mouth journalism from someone who’s reputation was literally tarnished this past month..
There's no "journalist" involved. Both guys said that live into a microphone...

The homers here are attatched to TJ’s nutsack holding “free tom” signs in sweatpants & sketchers in the middle of Belknap, so their opinion is slightly skewed.
Zipp knows Tom better than anyone. Dude is a fvcking saint.
So are you hanging with slappies enough to start thinking like them? If so, you can take refuge again on the national site.

And it's always humorous when someone--slappy or otherwise--plays the appearance card. Link your photo so we can admire your own beauty...

A reference from a slapd!ck about another slapd!ck.

Wonderful...

Lol, you’re too much of a puss to post on the national board, because you get berated by fans from every alliegeance and you can’t take the heat in the kitchen, so you seek refuge in this echo chamber of a “”forum”, that Steelers has padded for you and your delusional posse. I will continue to make fun of that photo, because you look like an absolute moron posted up by Ford Hall, whilst students are walking and staring at you with utter disdain and internal laughter. Its a very pathetic photo, but it will be revered as a classic.
I’ll keep posting here until Steelers bans me for the third time in a month, because I say things you fools don’t agree with.
It's pretty easy to see you're a Louisville poser on the national site. The slappy connections were a dead giveaway. Good that you're bringing your 'poser-ness' to this forum for actual fans to see.

And still waiting for that Glamor Shots photo. We'll just substitute in the meantime...

AP_17054762112635.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT