ADVERTISEMENT

Bowen May be Reinstated

Zipp with the smoking gun! Actually Tyra said that Jurich was a friend and had been good to Tyra’s family. Tyra has also been a valuable mentor to Mark Jurich.
Zipp - by the way, isn’t it interesting that Mark Jurich hasn’t resigned yet because surely he doesn’t want to work for this “scumbag”
Tyra said he's a "good friend". Tom Jurich said he hardly knows him, i.e., he's a scumbag as described by a guy who takes the high road.

And Mark's gotta put pork and beans on the table. You wanna make a friendly wager he'll still be here in year?...

Tyra said he's a "good friend". Tom Jurich said he hardly knows him, i.e., he's a scumbag as described by a guy who takes the high road.

And Mark's gotta put pork and beans on the table. You wanna make a friendly wager he'll still be here in year?...

So you want to believe that TJ "hardly knows" a guy who was a big mentor to Tom's son, was a donor to UofL athletics and a business leader in the community. That’s ridiculous to start. But furthermore, you think Tom "hardly knows" the guy who was the chair of the Finance Committee of the UofL Foundation. The same guy who was re-writing the policies and procedures of the Foundation and overseeing the results of the audit. If Tom truly "hardly knows" that guy, that probably says more about Tom than Tyra.

If NCAA clears him then why not let him play. They can’t punish us for the games he plays if he is cleared. We’re kinda gong all in on this year anyway.
Tell that to Derek Rose who was cleared to play by wait for it the>>>> NCAA. Also they closed the loophole that Cam Newton used by saying he had no knowledge his dad asked for money. Now the NCAA rule is any member of your family ask for or receives money the recruit is ineligible.

He’s already been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. The only thing preventing him from being reinstated was the Adidas investigation, for which he has been cleared. The administration has put themselves in a difficult spot: don’t reinstate him and deal with Bowen's attorney, or reinstate him and draw into question your own moves: possibly against Pitino, surely against Jurich. They may end up paying Bowen anyway. Now wouldn’t that be interesting?
It is not a federal crime to take money to play basketball that is why the FBI cleared him. It is against NCAA rules to ask for or receive money to play basketball. That is why he never plays one minute for UL.

The fact that jurich hardly knows Tyra is likely a big part of the problem that led to his firing. About a year ago there were claims that jurich was "absent" in regards to BOT matters. It's been a while and my memory is fuzzy but it was something to that effect.

So you want to believe that TJ "hardly knows" a guy who was a big mentor to Tom's son, was a donor to UofL athletics and a business leader in the community. That’s ridiculous to start. But furthermore, you think Tom "hardly knows" the guy who was the chair of the Finance Committee of the UofL Foundation. The same guy who was re-writing the policies and procedures of the Foundation and overseeing the results of the audit. If Tom truly "hardly knows" that guy, that probably says more about Tom than Tyra.
Again, this ain't on Jurich; it's on the scumbag who tried--and failed--to name drop Jurich along with a dozen others for credibility.

Like the photo in his Dad's jersey, this Cat's trying way too hard. Always be suspicious of those people...

The fact that jurich hardly knows Tyra is likely a big part of the problem that led to his firing. About a year ago there were claims that jurich was "absent" in regards to BOT matters. It's been a while and my memory is fuzzy but it was something to that effect.
Tyra's not on the Board. He's an ex-LPT wannabe that most people didn't know a month ago except for his father's accomplishments.

My advice for a slapd!ck is stay with stuff you know, like maybe your own Board...

Tyra's not on the Board. He's an ex-LPT wannabe that most people didn't know a month ago except for his father's accomplishments.

My advice for a slapd!ck is stay with stuff you know, like maybe your own Board...
What's that about marching orders?

Again, this ain't on Jurich; it's on the scumbag who tried--and failed--to name drop Jurich along with a dozen others for credibility.

Like the photo in his Dad's jersey, this Cat's trying way too hard. Always be suspicious of those people...

You have staked out some ridiculous positions over time but this might be the most laughable. Tyra is a “liar” because he allegedly said Tom was “good friend” - he didn’t actually say that but whatever.

What is troubling is that Tom didn’t know the Finance Committee chair who was crafting policies and procedures for the Foundation. It appears that policies and procedure weren’t that important to him.

Reactions: awf and Cal4Pres.
You have staked out some ridiculous positions over time but this might be the most laughable. Tyra is a “liar” because he allegedly said Tom was “good friend” - he didn’t actually say that but whatever.

What is troubling is that Tom didn’t know the Finance Committee chair who was crafting policies and procedures for the Foundation. It appears that policies and procedure weren’t that important to him.
Why the hell would Jurich know about a newly appointed Cat to the Foundation? Jurich wasn't part of that Board, and the new scumbags in charge didn't want him anywhere near it.

And the "good friend" quote is in this link next to the photo of the Cat and his wife. Here's a second link attributing that comment.

Honestly knuckes, I don't think you know WTH you're talking about sometimes...

My man you can be wherever you want and so can I. Don't forget about the national board. Feel free to use all your derogatory comments there as well.
Lotta housekeeping here to do at the moment among my own fanbase. I'll see the LPT swarm again there sometime...

Why the hell would Jurich know about a newly appointed Cat to the Foundation? Jurich wasn't part of that Board, and the new scumbags in charge didn't want him anywhere near it.

And the "good friend" quote is in this link next to the photo of the Cat and his wife. Here's a second link attributing that comment.

Honestly knuckes, I don't think you know WTH you're talking about sometimes...

He should know about a guy who is heading the Finance Committee in the midst of a major audit. Again, if he doesn’t then that shows you part of the problem. Let it go man or find a new University to support. You sound like one of those guys that was holding a “Save Tom” sign.

He should know about a guy who is heading the Finance Committee in the midst of a major audit. Again, if he doesn’t then that shows you part of the problem. Let it go man or find a new University to support. You sound like one of those guys that was holding a “Save Tom” sign.
Funny stuff from a guy who didn't have his facts. You know how well "let it go" advice works with me... :p

It’s time to move on fellas, bickering on here isn’t going to change a damn thing.
I understand that just like I understood "they're not gonna tear it down" arguments in arena threads. But those are superficial comments intended simply to change the subject or derail threads.

Like it or not, everyday life is a series of a events on a continuum. One event ends, the next one begins. Jurich is likely not returning, and it's shortsighted to say that's what I'm arguing or hoping for. The scumbag era has begun, and that's where my feet are. This one will end too at some point, and you don't know how or when that will occur.

If you don't like to read this stuff, you can just ignore me or the thread or both. Doesn't matter. And most people can't ignore any of those things, so the debates go on. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but it's not gonna change...

Funny stuff from a guy who didn't have his facts. You know how well "let it go" advice works with me... :p

My Good Friend Zipp - your assertion is so ridiculous it’s laughable. You call a man a liar and a scum bag and use some quote he may or may not said as proof. Oh the outrage. What you should be focused on are pertinent items like how Tom had little regard for policies and procedures and the people re-drafting those. Come back when you have something relevant. Get better not bitter good friend.

Reactions: Cal4Pres.
My Good Friend Zipp - your assertion is so ridiculous it’s laughable. You call a man a liar and a scum bag and use some quote he may or may not said as proof. Oh the outrage. What you should be focused on are pertinent items like how Tom had little regard for policies and procedures and the people re-drafting those. Come back when you have something relevant. Get better not bitter good friend.
So info from Jurich and independent sources don't rise to your standards of credibility? Or is it they just don't fit your agenda?

I'm living large on the right side of these issues, but I do appreciate your misplaced concerns. Remember, facts are your friend (or should be...)

Uhh, he was THE guy holding the sign. This is Zipp.

DLIpJlDXoAEC1ca.jpg

Now, the onslaught of LPT trolls...

I thought that was a slapd!ck taking my picture. The knuckle hair was a dead giveaway.

It was on 93.9 yesterday during the interview with R&R. The question was how well do you know Tyra and do you have any advise for him. Jurich said of course I know him. Question: Are you close friends Answer : No Mark worked more closely with him. As far as advise he really didn’t have any.

So in Zipp’s defense Jurich made it clear that he knew him but was not close to him. Tyra has eluded that they were close. Apparently this is not the case.

Reactions: zipp

It was on 93.9 yesterday during the interview with R&R. The question was how well do you know Tyra and do you have any advise for him. Jurich said of course I know him. Question: Are you close friends Answer : No Mark worked more closely with him. As far as advise he really didn’t have any.

So in Zipp’s defense Jurich made it clear that he knew him but was not close to him. Tyra has eluded that they were close. Apparently this is not the case.

First, it's not important if this Cat lies on something very basic...

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

So do you think Tyra is a liar and scum bag because he may or may not have said he and Jurich were good friends? Do you think it’s important how he terms their relationship in an introductory press conference? Just want to make sure we are all clear on what’s important.

Reactions: awf
Zipp idk what you do in real life but if it’s not a lawyer I think you may have missed your calling my man.

So do you think Tyra is a liar and scum bag because he may or may not have said he and Jurich were good friends? Do you think it’s important how he terms their relationship in an introductory press conference? Just want to make sure we are all clear on what’s important.

He said that he respected Jurich and what Jurich has accomplished. And that he plans on continuing with Jurich’s growth of UofL athletics. That’s more important to me. I think he was trying to gain support with fans by misrepresenting his relationship with Jurich. Whether I think he’s a liar isn’t important I was merely verifying what Jurich said during his interview. Technically I guess you could call him a liar he did say they were good friends but I’m more concerned with what he does moving forward. If he doesn’t continue to move the program forward then I will change my view. But at this point Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. That’s really the only choice we have in order to support UofL athletics. And to me that’s most important!

He said that he respected Jurich and what Jurich has accomplished. And that he plans on continuing with Jurich’s growth of UofL athletics. That’s more important to me. I think he was trying to gain support with fans by misrepresenting his relationship with Jurich. Whether I think he’s a liar isn’t important I was merely verifying what Jurich said during his interview. Technically I guess you could call him a liar he did say they were good friends but I’m more concerned with what he does moving forward. If he doesn’t continue to move the program forward then I will change my view. But at this point Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. That’s really the only choice we have in order to support UofL athletics. And to me that’s most important!

Good, because people like my good friend Zipp have decided that Tyra is a liar and scumbag and have no intention of supporting UofL in this interim period. I think it’s possible to acknowledge the marvelous achievements of Jurich while supporting his interim replacement and not create some false narrative.

The bad thing about being front of cameras and media at some point you will make a statement that isn't true, exaggerated or is stated in away that is perceived to be a lie. To take one statement and run with seems unfair, but maybe Zipp has more information that shows a trend of lying with Tyra.

I will take the wait and see approach with this entire situation. It is a complete mess right now and no one really knows what the true facts are with what is going on at the University. All you can do is support the kids and coaches.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Lmao, surely that is not really Zipp. Nice shirt though, bawahahaha
Can't tell if you are serious. That is 100% Kevin Zipperle. He has already discussed the photo. He went to the initial Board meeting and the subsequent one where they voted to fire Jurich. He was interviewed by the news.

Can't tell if you are serious. That is 100% Kevin Zipperle. He has already discussed the photo. He went to the initial Board meeting and the subsequent one where they voted to fire Jurich. He was interviewed by the news.
Wow, i couldn't imagine doing that at his or my age, lol

Reactions: awf
Good, because people like my good friend Zipp have decided that Tyra is a liar and scumbag and have no intention of supporting UofL in this interim period. I think it’s possible to acknowledge the marvelous achievements of Jurich while supporting his interim replacement and not create some false narrative.
In case you simply read past it, First verified that...

"...I think [Tyra] was trying to gain support with fans by misrepresenting his relationship with Jurich..."

"...I guess you could call him a liar [Tyra] did say they were good friends..."

"...at this point I'm giving [Tyra] the benefit of the doubt..."

I agree with First's assessment if not his POV going forward... The first statement is a diplomatic reference to a lie/liar. And if First left any doubt, the second statement confirms it. The third statement acknowledges that First has "doubt" about the Cat.

Thanks First, because some folks like questioning facts and then disavowing they questioned them in the first place...

The bad thing about being front of cameras and media at some point you will make a statement that isn't true, exaggerated or is stated in away that is perceived to be a lie. To take one statement and run with seems unfair, but maybe Zipp has more information that shows a trend of lying with Tyra.

I will take the wait and see approach with this entire situation. It is a complete mess right now and no one really knows what the true facts are with what is going on at the University. All you can do is support the kids and coaches.
The guy simply lied on a subject that's hard to be confused over. Whether a person is your friend, much less a "good friend", is not a particularly complex or ambiguous concept.

If they were ever friends, it sure doesn't sound like they are any longer. And I think Jurich would have acknowledged that. He replied like he hardly knows the Cat.

And we already have documented evidence that Tyra's boss is a liar. Why should Tyra lying be a surprise?...

Wow, i couldn't imagine doing that at his or my age, lol
Yeah, I wish looked like the average slapd!ck...

kentucky-fan-face-tattoo.jpg

[And you know there are only a million of these photos online...]

Didn't you guys have a football game tonite?

The guy simply lied on a subject that's hard to be confused over. Whether a person is your friend, much less a "good friend", is not a particularly complex or ambiguous concept.

If they were ever friends, it sure doesn't sound like they are any longer. And I think Jurich would have acknowledged that. He replied like he hardly knows the Cat.

And we already have documented evidence that Tyra's boss is a liar. Why should Tyra lying be a surprise?...

I think Jurich is lying. The facts don’t back up that he hardly knows Tyra. If he is lying about that, he is probably lying about their friendship status, which means he is probably lying about everything.

I think Jurich is lying. The facts don’t back up that he hardly knows Tyra. If he is lying about that, he is probably lying about their friendship status, which means he is probably lying about everything.
That must explain the unprecedented success Jurich has had the least two decades. Lying is usually the way that's done. o_O

And we don't have to "think" it out or talk about what's "probable"... There's plenty of documented evidence that Tyra and his boss are liars...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT