ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby never quit coaching this team.

They had a lot of injuries on D - and they had some games to forget. The team just hadn't looked the same since Houston but down the stretch - this looked more like a Petrino team fans expected.

I know the competition was blah, but the team just played strong the last 3 weeks.

Zipp provides better insight than what he is given credit for. CBP is a good coach we are lucky to have him those early injuries really hurt our success and it is showing now.

This season was literally 180 degrees of last season. We fell apart the last three games last year until the last three games this year. And then we played like the beginning of last year. Future looks pretty good. Although that Bama game will be a tough start.

He has done a really good job since coming back. Every year is different. Louisville is like many other programs they are on the edge of being really good or being average. Injuries at key spots can kill a team while staying/getting healthy can turn a season around.

This may have been his best coaching job because of everything going on at the University and personally. He was able to stay focused and get his staff to keep the team together.

Can they raise the bar recruiting wise? I am convinced if that happens they will start consistently competing with Clemson and Florida State.

I think the recruiting bar has already been raised. Consider Puma Pass and kids like Russ Yeast. With Summers around we will have a very stable O Line no matter what the star rating. Sirmons had to be hired for his recruiting, there is really no other explanation. We have moved into the top 25 range in recruiting pretty consistently. The only issue, as always, will be depth.

Reactions: wilkie01
Uuhh, NO! Playing and beating them would get you nothing. An AAC team looking to drag the Cards down. Uuhh, just NO!
What do you expect to “get” at 8-4. Most predictions have us playing either Taxslayer or Sun Bowl against the Aggies again. I would like to continue on a winning note and all I said was playing Charlie would make an interesting storyline. They are 9-2.

Reactions: wilkie01
I’d rather play Alabama than Quinton Flowers.

He’d give our D fits IMO

Only thing worse than playing USF in a bowl is possibly losing to USF in a bowl.

Reactions: Mayoman
Well, I will have to man up and say I was wrong about Bobby. I had never realizes how many injuries we had. I even question if Bobby had lost his Mojo. The last three games showed Bobby still has his Mojo. How can anybody question Bobby, we just watched a perfect game and win over kittie cats! I am not sold on our current Defensive coordinator, but Petrino knows best here. So coach, I apologize for acting like a dumb big Blue fan and over reacting. I am glad you are coach, Bobby Petrino.

With this said, I have to point out how much the UK fans and players acted like the evil Morgantown fans of West Virginia. Stoops has turned thier program into thugs that play out of control and made UK, the poster child of cheap shots University.

Last edited:
Louisville, Michigan and Miss St. are all 8-4 there is a chance.
You have to look at conference/bowl affiliations. Right now we are not projected as a New Years Bowl candidate while Michigan and MSU are. It’s not always about final records. The Michigan game would be intriguing in if their QB is still out and there’s always the Lamar factor.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT