ADVERTISEMENT

Are The Cards In The Dance?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Or do they have to win at least one game in the ACCT?

I'm thinking definitely one more win to be in for sure. Lose and they might be on the outside looking in.

Or do they have to win at least one in the ACCT?

I'm thinking definitely one more win to be in for sure. Lose and they might be on the outside looking in.
Their is know way whatsoever to actually know what teams are in that are not top 25 or conf tourney winners. It's been a really screwed up season alot these teams have not had the chance to even play the same amount of games . I dont pay any attention to Lunardi or any other predictors. Wouldn't surprise me either way if they are in or not.

Reactions: shadow force
Let’s be honest. Without Malik, how far do you think we would go in the NCAAT?

Not far. However while getting in and losing the first/second NCAAT game sucks, it's always better to make the dance than not. A small chance to make some noise is better than zero chance.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Not far. However while getting in and losing the first/second NCAAT game sucks, it's always better to make the dance than not. A small chance to make some noise is better than zero chance.
Right. That’s what our program has come to. In previous years, every time we made the dance, I felt we had a chance to get to the FF, realistic or not. Now, we just hope to get in...

Is VIrginia Tech our only quality win? I don't know how that stacks up with other teams.

Cards only have one Quad 1 win. They are 6-0 in Quad 2 wins and are being projected anywhere from a 7-12 seed as of right now. But as we all know these things are ever changing.

Reactions: PHCARD
Cards only have one Quad 1 win. They are 6-0 in Quad 2 wins and are being projected anywhere from a 7-12 seed as of right now. But as we all know these things are ever changing.
Best chances for this team will be if they can get on that 10-12 line.

Best chances for this team will be if they can get on that 10-12 line.

For potential match up possibilities that probably would be better. But the fact that there is even some doubt that they are in at all, makes me want them to win at least a 1 or 2 in the ACCT so they can't leave the Cards out altogether.

Right. That’s what our program has come to. In previous years, every time we made the dance, I felt we had a chance to get to the FF, realistic or not. Now, we just hope to get in...
Well right now the projection by Andy Katz has us in but not sUcK, Duke or North Carolina.

ESPN has us as one of the last four teams in with a bye. I would like to see one or two more wins. We’re listed as a 10 seed

This will be the second time in three years that the Cards have been the No. 7 seed for the ACC tournament. In 2019 (Chris Mack’s first season), Louisville took care of 15-seed Notre Dame in the second round before falling to 2-seed Florida State in the quarterfinals.

Fl.St is starting to be for the Cards like those Cincy teams were for awhile . . They were like big grown men compared to our smallish in stature teams.

Getting to the dance is honestly all we can ask for this year.

COVID pauses. Malik's injury and then 2nd injury. Mineland being injured. Sam's injury. Aidan's sickness. Nickelberry was out too wasn't he?

I know everyone is "Mack don't have it y'all!" but if we can compete for the dance in this crazy year, I'll take it.

I believe we .must win at!east

We must win at least one ACC tournament game, and that would require beating Duke 3 times in one season. Don't think that's likely.

Who says Duke can beat BC? The way this season has gone, there's no gimmies. He!!, Duke could cancel the game. After all it's Covid time.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think this Cards team is capable of beating Duke for a third time. However i am a bit nervous about the mental aspect of this team. I really don't know if they are strong enough to block out beating them twice previously and handling business. It's not going to be easy playing in Carolina and Duke needing wins and all the pundits will be picking Duke to win . The big elephant the officiating.

Reactions: Mayoman
We will see how good a coach Mack is on how his approach will be guarding Hurt or whether he decides to make any changes.
Hurt is one helluva player when he is on .It's not like Mack has alot options to cover him Johnson did a good job first time around cant count on that as David has been struggling trying to get himself on track. We had Malik for the first half last game that option is gone so now we are back to Whithers and the others to try and slow him down.

This time of year you need your guys off the bench to really play above themselves in games in order to advance Slaz &, Traynor have to dig deep within themselves and give more than they have consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
Joe lunardi posted that the cards are in the dance win or lose to duke. Dukes got a lot to lose. Gonna be a good game but I don’t see hurt putting up 37 points like he did last game against us.

Reactions: Deeva
Joe lunardi posted that the cards are in the dance win or lose to duke. Dukes got a lot to lose. Gonna be a good game but I don’t see hurt putting up 37 points like he did last game against us.
I don't give Lunardi any cred nobody ever checks his results . If Cards lose watch he say they're first 4 out and Duke back in .

It appears to be heading in this direction.
I stopped watching on that 4th foul called . I am done with it this season no inside game and or consistent outside shooting done this team in. with all the other issues caused by covid caught up with this team. Too many missed games effected this team more than some want to admit. Theirs really no need for them to even be invited rather a play in or at large they are not going to win . team has no more fight in them really feel bad for them .

There has to be internal problems that we are not aware of. These guys don’t mesh at all IMO. I don’t believe the coaches and players mesh either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT