ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listen to Deener this morning?

Nice try. I live in KY now but don't want to change my username. I thought maybe you were honest with your apology to Morgantown but your stripe is still there.

I was sincere in my apology to Morgantown card, but that apology did not apply to you, who chose to interject yourself and make the ridiculous inference that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, as if White House, TN has a comparable reputation that of Morgantown, WV or Lexington, KY. Those two locations speak for themselves.

That's three stripes showing, so why don't you climb up on 'em and kiss my taint?

I was sincere in my apology to Morgantown card, but that apology did not apply to you, who chose to interject yourself and make the ridiculous inference that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, as if White House, TN has a comparable reputation that of Morgantown, WV or Lexington, KY. Those two locations speak for themselves.

That's three stripes showing, so why don't you climb up on 'em and kiss my taint?
Well since you're from there, I'm sure it can't be all that righteous and holy..

If eliminating the age limit for running for president would get us someone better to vote for this year I'd be all for it.

Amen to that. But age limit/age minimum are not the same. Could you honestly see yourself voting for someone < 35 to lead the nation? Short of Jesus, I'd say no.

Well since you're from there, I'm sure it can't be all that righteous and holy..

Snappy comeback ol' chap!
cool_story.jpg

I'm a confused white member of the nation of Islam and that is what the kids these days call a "meme"

No one is telling anyone what to do. My point is a top ten P5 team who has BCS bowl history and success should have a fan base that isn't shocked when victories occur. Rushing the field is a bush league move.
I was not specifically referencing your OP.
I liked your post because any post that rips Dweener is a good one but we do disagree on the rushing the field thing and that's cool.

Where does it say that fans rush the field because they are "shocked" with the win? Maybe they are just super happy. And young.

There's enough room in the world to express yourself in different ways. To each is own. If some Alabama or Ohio St fan says we are Bush League, who cares.

I liked your post because any post that rips Dweener is a good one but we do disagree on the rushing the field thing and that's cool.

Where does it say that fans rush the field because they are "shocked" with the win? Maybe they are just super happy. And young.

There's enough room in the world to express yourself in different ways. To each is own. If some Alabama or Ohio St fan says we are Bush League, who cares.

No worries. I'm ready for the program to take the next step.

Reactions: Louisvillian

Exactly. I could give a rip what Ohio State or Bama or any other blue blood thinks. We got here the hard way.

There will be cops lining the stadium w tasers n dogs. Rush the field and celebrate in jail.

Gameday is in there. No chance.

Haven't been able to rush big time games since late 90s.

Welcome to the big time!

Exactly. I could give a rip what Ohio State or Bama or any other blue blood thinks. We got here the hard way.
Too bad you don't understand that college football and the path to the championship is still determined by opinion. Opinion of the pollsters, whether coaches or AP poll. Opinions of the playoff selection committee. Opinions of bowl representatives. Opinions of donors and advertisers.
Act small-time, get treated small-time.

Didn't Ole Miss rush the field a couple of seasons ago after beating Bama? Gameday was there and didn't have anything negative to say about.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Too bad you don't understand that college football and the path to the championship is still determined by opinion. Opinion of the pollsters, whether coaches or AP poll. Opinions of the playoff selection committee. Opinions of bowl representatives. Opinions of donors and advertisers.
Act small-time, get treated small-time.

So there is empirical evidence that rushing the field hurts your chances with all these different groups? I wonder if Clemson knows that since their fans rush onto the field after every win??

After giving this some thought, why do fans rush the field? It should be because your team accomplished a major feat, something they haven't done before... Well the Cards are 0-6 against top #1 or #2 teams and have never been ranked before while playing those teams. I think this might qualify as a good reason. Just saying I could understand either way.

So there is empirical evidence that rushing the field hurts your chances with all these different groups? I wonder if Clemson knows that since their fans rush onto the field after every win??

How exactly does one test and validate a hypothesis of collective opinions?

But keep trying. I'm sure you're going to convince all here with your sound logic that rushing the field after the third game of the season versus a conference opponent is an acceptable gesture by a big time program. I'm sure in your mind, Clemson fans' tradition of taking the field after a game is an acceptable example that is applicable in this debate.

Go on and rush the field. Let us know how that works out for ya. I'm sure its a memory you will share with your grandchildren well into your golden years.
"What did your team win, grandpa?"
"Just the game, sweetie."

We still have to actually win the game first, BTW

I won't be rushing the field today and I don't really care what someone else chooses to do. In reference to another poster here there'll be no dogs or policemen with their tasers drawn. Now there may be some police presence around where the student section is but WTH who really cares. I ONLY care about winning the game - the rest can take care of itself.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Last edited:
There will be cops lining the stadium w tasers n dogs. Rush the field and celebrate in jail.

Gameday is in there. No chance.

Haven't been able to rush big time games since late 90s.

Welcome to the big time!
I call BS. Given all the issues with police and enforcement, I don't see police officers going around tasing a bunch of college students who want to celebrate a football game.

I won't be rushing the field today and I don't really care what someone else chooses to do. In reference to another poster here there'll be no dogs or policemen with their tasers drawn. Now there may be some police presence around where the student section is but WTH who really cares. I ONLY care about winning the game - the rest can take care of itself.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Words of wisdom gocds. Americans have never liked or accepted 'being told what to do or not do.' Different strokes for different folks.......that is what makes this such a great country.

Chill and appreciate....no need to pontificate. Today is an opportunity for the Cards to continue building their resume and history in this here game with an oblong ball. Peace fellow Card fans. Peace!

Words of wisdom gocds. Americans have never liked or accepted 'being told what to do or not do.' Different strokes for different folks.......that is what makes this such a great country.

Chill and appreciate....no need to pontificate. Today is an opportunity for the Cards to continue building their resume and history in this here game with an oblong ball. Peace fellow Card fans. Peace!
Bingo

What was on the field post-game wasn't "rushing the field". Sorry knuckledragger, but the "dont rush the field" crowd won this argument. Nice try though.

What was on the field post-game wasn't "rushing the field". Sorry knuckledragger, but the "dont rush the field" crowd won this argument. Nice try though.
Might be because 40,000 extremely happy people were either gone or in the parking lots at the end of this laugher of a game.

Glad it didn't your definition of rushing the field. Hope the pollsters feel the same cause otherwise we are screwed.

There weren't much more than personnel, media and security on the field after the final whistle. But if you have to convince yourself, bless your heart fella!

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
We are past this point now! And one of the national media shows even commented on it saying Louisville expects too win big games now especially under Petrino and they didn't rush the field

Reactions: The Public Enemy
If i'm not mistaken i could be wrong but wasn't he at one point a UK coverage guy? Or maybe i'm thinking of another radio guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT