ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listen to Deener this morning?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I may have to drop kick that midget if I see him Saturday. His topic- rushing the field should UofL beat FSU. That alone enrages me. Should we have rushed the field in 2002 after beating FSU? Absolutely. Given the circumstances, I'd do it all over again. Fast forward 14 years, things have significantly changed. Significantly! After taking calls from his idiot followers who mostly agreed with Deener, he doubled down after one dissenter disagreed, saying "know your place, know who you are." So, we've got this "homer" UofL radio host insulting the fan base and encouraging us to do things inferior programs like to do, like rush the field. Are we at FSU's level? No. But we are certainly closer than we were in 2002. A lot closer. Close enough to not rush the f***ing field should we be fortunate enough to win.

IF we should win, it'll be a fist pump and high five to my buds followed by "good game FSU" to any FSU fan I see...then a keen eye toward Marshal...no need to act like we haven't done this before...besides, I don't want CBP to yell at me to get off the field and for acting like a fool...he scares me.

I may have to drop kick that midget if I see him Saturday. His topic- rushing the field should UofL beat FSU. That alone enrages me. Should we have rushed the field in 2002 after beating FSU? Absolutely. Given the circumstances, I'd do it all over again. Fast forward 14 years, things have significantly changed. Significantly! After taking calls from his idiot followers who mostly agreed with Deener, he doubled down after one dissenter disagreed, saying "know your place, know who you are." So, we've got this "homer" UofL radio host insulting the fan base and encouraging us to do things inferior programs like to do, like rush the field. Are we at FSU's level? No. But we are certainly closer than we were in 2002. A lot closer. Close enough to not rush the f***ing field should we be fortunate enough to win.
I am 100% with you saying deener is a moron. I dont listen to his show anymore because he is the most anti Louisville guy on radio. Matty Bangs is more of a Louisville fan than Deener.
Sad thing is he is god on this board so people will listen to that garbage.
We should cheer loudly and encourage our team, storming the field as said in another post has already been done in the fashion of wheeeeew we beat a top team. We are established as a team and the only time we should consider rushing the field from here on out is if it is the FINAL game of the year and we stand in fulfillment of Howard's collision course.

I just don't listen or buy into the foolishness that comes out the mouth of these local radio guys like Deener/Vanetti/Meiners. They are supposedly pro UL but bash our fans,program and coaches at any given opportunity.

Thank God for 93.9 the Ville. We should've had that station a decade ago.

We've beat great teams before, and the fans have rushed the field BUT that all happened before we got our seat at the big boy table. As a member of the ACC, I will be disappointed in our fans IF the Cards beat the Noles then rush the field to celebrate. IMO, we should (as a fan base) act like we've been there before since we are now playing big boy football in a big boy league.

By my count, we've rushed the field four times but the goalposts only came down in one of them. Personally, I am shocked that there hasn't been a major injury during one those...especially one like at Rutgers where thousands were on the field in approximately fifteen seconds.

I just don't listen or buy into the foolishness that comes out the mouth of these local radio guys like Deener/Vanetti/Meiners. They are supposedly pro UL but bash our fans,program and coaches at any given opportunity.

Thank God for 93.9 the Ville. We should've had that station a decade ago.

I get what you're saying. R&R do a great job. Deener is on 93.9, though. Morning show.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Well, I didn't rush the field in 2002 at age 38 and I won't be rushing it in 2016 at age 52, either.

Back then, it made sense ... UofL was in CUSA - a non-BCS conference. Now, we are in the ACC and FSU is our conference brother. Not only that, they were one of our staunchest advocates when it came time for the ACC to replace Maryland. If we are fortunate enough to beat FSU on Saturday, I hope we show FSU the respect they deserve by NOT rushing the field.

Of course, if we have a game where we storm back from being down 20 points to win in thrilling fashion (like the 2007 Rutgers game), it would be understandable for some of our fans to lose their minds and storm the field in that case.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT ROSE ABOVE THAT. we've HAD ORANGE BOWL VICTORIES SINCE, SUGAR..SINCE, SAVE IT FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Pleaaaaaaase don't rush the field i think we are a little above that now just a little ! Wouldn't mind doing it if we clinch the conference one day .

We aint' won no real conference yet in FB

Disagree with this; until WVU's departure the Big East always had 2-3 legit top 25 teams...more like top 10 in years like 2006. No doubt that winning an ACC conference championship would be a big deal though. But I respect our past the old BE was viable and would've remained so had it been left alone.

I got it. You say if we're gonna wear CUSA helmets we might as well act like em?

Some of us believe, and will act like, we've done it before

If i am a college kid and the Cards win. I am gonna rush the field and be part of it! 18 year old kids don't care about all this act like you've been there before stuff.

If i am a college kid and the Cards win. I am gonna rush the field and be part of it! 18 year old kids don't care about all this act like you've been there before stuff.

And that is why there are age minimums on things like driving a car, drinking alcohol, and running for office. Kids lack emotional maturity, experience and wisdom.

It's only the third game of the season, and if we beat FSU, they may not turn out to be as great as thought by the end of the season. If you or any other idiot rushes the field, every other college football fan will look at that and say "aww, good for them! Bless their hearts. This is their biggest win in history."

It won't be. Not by a long shot. It is a big time, highly anticipated conference matchup between two highly ranked opponents. One we have beat before. One we have led at halftime the past two seasons. Rushing the field after the third game of the season because you beat a ranked team is small-time mentality. It also sends the impression to the players that we accomplished something. We haven't accomplished anything yet. On to Marshall.

Planning your celebration before you even kickoff is the type of BS thinking that gets you beat in your own house. Respect your opponent, even in victory. Karma is a b1tch, otherwise. Cardinal fans have class, and you are not going to embarrass this fanbase that built this stadium, and this tradition WE built over the last 30 years because you want to do some snap-chat attention whoring. 18yr olds may not care what older fans think, but guess what? Older fans don't care what some kid thinks who hasn't invested their hard-earned dollars for years on-end and can't even write a coherent sentence in english. 18yr olds ain't runnin sh1t and they ain't shot-callers. Just kids pretending and trying to learn to be adults. As is the case all throughout the animal kingdom, little young'ns think their big til some salty "old man" puts 'em in their place. So sit down and STFU with that BS.

But I guess its to be expected. You're from Morgantown. Dafuq would you know about class anyway?

And that is why there are age minimums on things like driving a car, drinking alcohol, and running for office. Kids lack emotional maturity, experience and wisdom.

It's only the third game of the season, and if we beat FSU, they may not turn out to be as great as thought by the end of the season. If you or any other idiot rushes the field, every other college football fan will look at that and say "aww, good for them! Bless their hearts. This is their biggest win in history."

It won't be. Not by a long shot. It is a big time, highly anticipated conference matchup between two highly ranked opponents. One we have beat before. One we have led at halftime the past two seasons. Rushing the field after the third game of the season because you beat a ranked team is small-time mentality. It also sends the impression to the players that we accomplished something. We haven't accomplished anything yet. On to Marshall.

Planning your celebration before you even kickoff is the type of BS thinking that gets you beat in your own house. Respect your opponent, even in victory. Karma is a b1tch, otherwise. Cardinal fans have class, and you are not going to embarrass this fanbase that built this stadium, and this tradition WE built over the last 30 years because you want to do some snap-chat attention whoring. 18yr olds may not care what older fans think, but guess what? Older fans don't care what some kid thinks who hasn't invested their hard-earned dollars for years on-end and can't even write a coherent sentence in english. 18yr olds ain't runnin sh1t and they ain't shot-callers. Just kids pretending and trying to learn to be adults. As is the case all throughout the animal kingdom, little young'ns think their big til some salty "old man" puts 'em in their place. So sit down and STFU with that BS.

But I guess its to be expected. You're from Morgantown. Dafuq would you know about class anyway?

God forbid these young whipper snappers have some fun. The students were 10-12 years old the last time the field was rushed. If the celebration/circumstances make sense for rushing the field, who gives a damn? This is all for entertainment anyways, isn't it? It seems like UofL still likes to use the video of fans rushing the field in the WVU blackout game. Good lord, some of you take this stuff WAY too seriously (and this is coming from someone who actually played college football).

Reactions: jim57
So what exactly is fun about rushing the field? "Ooh, I was in the stands. Now I'm on the grass where the game was played. Look how much fun this is! 3-0 and beating a conference opponent! Woo hoo!!"

Congratulations on playing football in college. Obviously your experience has given you a unique experience we should all listen to. Surely that makes you an expert on sportsmanship and etiquette.

So what exactly is fun about rushing the field? "Ooh, I was in the stands. Now I'm on the grass where the game was played. Look how much fun this is! 3-0 and beating a conference opponent! Woo hoo!!"

Congratulations on playing football in college. Obviously your experience has given you a unique experience we should all listen to. Surely that makes you an expert on sportsmanship and etiquette.

I've never rushed the field, so I don't know what's fun about it. When I've seen it happen though, the players and fans seem to enjoy it. You seem pretty wound tight, perhaps a good field rushing might lighten things up for you. Just stay safe when you do it.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I can never understand people telling others what they should or shouldn't do while celebrating a victory.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass what some other team's fans think of us in regards to rushing the field, only of how well they were treated in Louisville. The only ones I care about are our fans, players and the recruits watching.

I have also never rushed the field but unless you can show me where this is a negative with recruits or that one of our fans injured someone on the field, I say live and let live.

Last edited:
If the field is rushed, it will be started by the students. Us old guys have vivid memories of it, been there done that, etc. The average age of a current student was probably about 5-6 years old the last time the field was rushed. They have no memory of it.

Reactions: Red Rager
I think we should all do a mock rushing of the field similar to like in the movie Braveheart. Start out running then everyone just slow down, meet quietly in the center of the field hugging and shaking hands calmly.

Reactions: Kratz
I can never understand people telling others what they should or shouldn't do while celebrating a victory.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass what some other team's fans think of us. The only ones I care about are our fans, players and the recruits watching.

I have also never rushed the field but unless you can show me where this is a negative with recruits or that one of our fans injured someone on the field, I say live and let live.

No one is telling anyone what to do. My point is a top ten P5 team who has BCS bowl history and success should have a fan base that isn't shocked when victories occur. Rushing the field is a bush league move.

Reactions: H and REDFISTFURY3

I was listening and in the "we'll agree to disagree" zone until your last statement. You don't know me or anything about me. And while we're at it, I'm from PRP, moved away in my mid-teens when CSX shut down its plant (which is where PJCS sits now). I took the Cards with me and it's part of me, living in "enemy territory" since 1990 burned this into me. So your comment is uncalled for.

As far as Marshall, that game will take place several blocks up from where my dad worked at the Huntington CSX plant. I'll be the red dot in their seat of green & white, as they are striping the stadium that day.

No one is telling anyone what to do. My point is a top ten P5 team who has BCS bowl history and success should have a fan base that isn't shocked when victories occur. Rushing the field is a bush league move.
This.

And I do care how we are perceived and how well our fanbase treats other fanbases. This is not Morgantown or Lexington. We hold a higher standard. We win, or lose, with class.

I was listening and in the "we'll agree to disagree" zone until your last statement. You don't know me or anything about me. And while we're at it, I'm from PRP, moved away in my mid-teens when CSX shut down its plant (which is where PJCS sits now). I took the Cards with me and it's part of me, living in "enemy territory" since 1990 burned this into me. So your comment is uncalled for.

As far as Marshall, that game will take place several blocks up from where my dad worked at the Huntington CSX plant. I'll be the red dot in their seat of green & white, as they are striping the stadium that day.

Fair enough. I'm sorry I was so harsh. We're all on the same side here.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass what some other team's fans think of us in regards to rushing the field, only of how well they were treated in Louisville. The only ones I care about are our fans, players and the recruits watching.

I am with this guy. I'm 41, so personally I'd feel a little weird rushing the field. But if I'm a student, and I see it happening, I'm going out there! If anything, this type of energy will excite the ~70 recruits that will be on hand that day and will send them home with quite a memory from the experience.

Reactions: jim57
Fair enough. I'm sorry I was so harsh. We're all on the same side here.

It's cool, it's the internet, things get taken in weird way sometimes. Go Cards!

I've been flying the Cardinal Red/Bengals Orange/Reds Red in Morgantown since 2008, including the games at Mountaineer Field, Heinz Field, and PNC Park. I fly the flag in the land of our enemies, and for what it's worth, the Steelers fans are by far the worst of all of them. It's not even close, and this is based on multiple experiences.

Or White House, Tennessee. Don't throw bricks, please. We are Cardinal fans.
Ever been to White House? To my knowledge, they arent exactly known for rude behavior and burning furniture in celebration. How's that House Bill working out for y'all in NC?

Ever been to White House? To my knowledge, they arent exactly known for rude behavior and burning furniture in celebration. How's that House Bill working out for y'all in NC?
Nice try. I live in KY now but don't want to change my username. I thought maybe you were honest with your apology to Morgantown but your stripe is still there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT