ADVERTISEMENT

Another failed narrative: Jeff Brohm now making $5.35 million...

Not always true that buying a high-profile coach equals victories and championships. Maybe you buy a coach with potential that you can get for less, THEN pay more if he proves him(her)self. That’s the value equation that has worked for Bill Bellichick for 20 years vs the buy a superstar approach that only sporadically worked for George Steinbrenner. You can argue, of course, that Vince NQ ain’t no Bill Bellichick - and that’s a fair argument. But at least he’s no Steinbrenner.
This is true. Let's face it most of the other sports require AD's to find bargains. Why over pay for a volleyball, golf or softball coach especially when they are quality coaches that fit your budget and overall plan?

I usually like debating with facts... All of the new coaches hired by "Vince" are paid less than their predecessors. If that doesn't scream "bargain basement", it's at least fuel for the fire.

My guess is "Vince" can simply persuade great coaches to work for less money. And like he told Jeff Walz, "they have contracts."

That's the schtick I'm kinda getting tired of already...
That's where you're going to deflect to..?o_O

You know damn good and well what you said and more importantly what you meant.. You were just sure we were going to be stuck a $1 million or less coach. Mack is a coach that would have gotten a look from any team in the country blue bloods included.. Satterfield is also an up and comer, and would have gotten a lot of looks from other P5 schools..

You bring up a good point though. Vince is replacing the high dollar coaches we had before and getting the new guys at a great price ... Go ahead and say it ..Great job Vince..

Reactions: Mayoman
Not always true that buying a high-profile coach equals victories and championships. Maybe you buy a coach with potential that you can get for less, THEN pay more if he proves him(her)self...
You mean like our he-has-a-contract women's basketball coach?

If I said nice job "Vince", I assure you it would be laced with sarcasm... :cool:

That's where you're going to deflect to..?o_O

You know damn good and well what you said and more importantly what you meant.. You were just sure we were going to be stuck a $1 million or less coach. Mack is a coach that would have gotten a look from any team in the country blue bloods included.. Satterfield is also an up and comer, and would have gotten a lot of looks from other P5 schools..

You bring up a good point though. Vince is replacing the high dollar coaches we had before and getting the new guys at a great price ... Go ahead and say it ..Great job Vince..
Or great job "Vince"... LOL. :cool::cool:

I'm not necessarily about spending more or less money. I'm about getting VALUE for what I spend.

"Vince" paid $4 million that no other big program was standing in line to pay Mack. And he just paid an ex-Sun Belt football coach $3+ million annually along with a $10 million buyout that actually INCREASES annually.

So tell me again how smart "Vince" is at finding great coaches and paying them?

And I maintain that the biggest reason "Vince" didn't land Brohm once he went all-in was because in the end, he was too cheap...

And I maintain that the biggest reason "Vince" didn't land Brohm once he went all-in was because in the end, he was too cheap...
And you would've been on here yapping about how Vince paid too much for a whatever expletive you would use to describe Brohm if that had happened..

I'm out of this thread I've fed the troll all I'm going to..

Or great job "Vince"... LOL. :cool::cool:

I'm not necessarily about spending more or less money. I'm about getting VALUE for what I spend.

"Vince" paid $4 million that no other big program was standing in line to pay Mack. And he just paid an ex-Sun Belt football coach $3+ million annually along with a $10 million buyout that actually INCREASES annually.

So tell me again how smart "Vince" is at finding great coaches and paying them?

The anti-Tyra bias has been prevalent but surprising to see you return to your roots of an anti-Mack bias as well. Anti-Tyra and anti-Mack....sad.

Reactions: Art79 and BPGhost
And you would've been on here yapping about how Vince paid too much for a whatever expletive you would use to describe Brohm if that had happened..

I'm out of this thread I've fed the troll all I'm going to..
You continue to NOT understand contexts...

BEFORE the Petrino firing and planned hiring of Brohm, yes, $25 million to make all of that happen was way too expensive for an AD who still doesn't know how to raise money.

Once "Vince" was well underway, he balked at spending the last million. My metaphor is he went on a 100-mile trip and stopped after 98 or 99 miles. That's stupidity.

So yes, both perspectives are perfectly valid, and they're not contradictory. I'm assuming readers have a minimum level of comprehension skills...

The anti-Tyra bias has been prevalent but surprising to see you return to your roots of an anti-Mack bias as well. Anti-Tyra and anti-Mack....sad.
I like Mack OK for a new coach. That has nothing to do with how much he's paid or the wisdom of the guy who paid him. Understand?...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT