ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing Offensive Output

Never as a player nor fan have I ever heard anything like this. Categorizing fans? Fanboy? So there’s basically two types of fans?

Last edited:
Reactions: rcrequesr
Trying to get back on topic here. I’m assuming against Wake the QB’s will share snaps. Or will it be majority going to Cunningham as the starter?

Last edited:
Thanks for raising this issue. I’m a fan, not a fanboy. One is maybe a graduate, probably a donor who attends games, thinks with his head, and tries to look at things rationally and unemotionally. The other thinks with something other than his brain, looks at things superficially and optimistically, and believes real fans think like he does. A few people here try to blur those important distinctions...
You should apply for a job as an analyst for one of the Sports Networks! Truly, you are a legend in your own mind!

Go Cards and Roll Tide!

Thanks for raising this issue. I’m a fan, not a fanboy. One is maybe a graduate, probably a donor who attends games, thinks with his head, and tries to look at things rationally and unemotionally. The other thinks with something other than his brain, looks at things superficially and optimistically, and believes real fans think like he does. A few people here try to blur those important distinctions...
So in the interest of accuracy and in no way a personal attack - based upon your definitions, you are a fan of UofL sports and a fanboy of Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino’s.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:
I don’t know what’s wrong with being happy about a victory or optimistic about the future of this team or this program. For a fan, Sports is ultimately an emotional investment. You can choose to be hopeful and positive or not. I just don’t understand why you would continue to be a fan of a team and be so constantly negative.

Merriam-Webster defines a fan as “a very enthusiastic supporter or admirer.” The word fan itself came about as a shortened form of the word fanatic, meaning “marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion.” Fanatic, in turn, comes from the Latin fanaticus, which was a nice way of saying that someone was a little bit crazy because they were possessed or inspired by a god or deity.

I just love it when arrogant know-it-alls blab their mouth to the point of highlighting their ignorance. I enjoy it thoroughly, although you can’t help but just feel sorry for them. Intelligent people use true definitions of words so as to communicate in an honest and coherent manner, then you have ignorant uneducated people who make up their own nonsensical meanings of words, often causing intelligent people to raise their eyebrows in bewilderment, maybe followed by a shaking of the head or a laugh. This seems to be the case for a certain poster in this thread. There is an old adage that fits well here for that poster: It’s one thing for people to assume you’re a fool, it’s another thing for you to open your mouth and prove it to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcrequesr
So in the interest of accuracy and in no way a personal attack - based upon your definitions, you are a fan of UofL sports and a fanboy of Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino’s.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I've often pointed out what I think were Jurich's and Pitino's shortcomings.

You're welcome...

I don’t know what’s wrong with being happy about a victory or optimistic about the future of this team or this program. For a fan, Sports is ultimately an emotional investment. You can choose to be hopeful and positive or not. I just don’t understand why you would continue to be a fan of a team and be so constantly negative.
Because I'm not negative except by comparison to a small group of fans here. It's only by a specious comparison that you can base your conclusion...

Trying to get back on topic here. I’m assuming against Wake the QB’s will share snaps. Or will it be majority going to Cunningham as the starter?

Yes, back on topic. Forget the other stuff. I expect QBs will share snaps based on play calling, situations and what our coaches think is the best fit for what WF defense is doing or not doing. Anyone know is Pass anywhere near some play time?

Reactions: Slam2121
Pass will have a tough time getting back into a rotation with C and C factory booming the yardage. Just hope he gets back to 100% soon.

Reactions: PushupMan
My expectation is that Cunningham will be the starter, but Conley is not far behind. Cunningham is actually ranked #20 in ESPN’s total QBR. Only Trevor Lawrence is ranked ahead of him in the ACC.

There was an incomplete pass play late in the game that demonstrated Conley’s potential. He had enough situational awareness to realize that there was a blitzer coming from his blindside who was not accounted for. He made sure to throw the ball away in the area of a receiver before the blitzer could get to him.

I think Cunningham starts, but Conley will get a series here and there unless MC is just killing it and the game is extremely close. Even then, its hard to dispute what EC did when he was in the game--doesnt get any bigger than a game winning drive!

Lachlan keeps saying that Cunningham is Top Five in QB efficiency. But no idea where that info is coming from...

None of our QBs make the official list of NCAA stats for Passing Efficiency because they have not met the minimum pass attempts. But based on the stats we have, Malik would be #6 [191.06] on the list. If he starts and finishes this week he should make the list. Conley would be #5 [197.81] but again has not made the minimum pass attempts to make the official list. For comparison, Trask [Fla QB] has 66 attempts and is #13 [178.60]. Malik has 59 attempts so he is close.

Of course it depends what he does with his next 20 passes as to where he enters the list.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

Reactions: KerryRhodes
None of our QBs make the official list of NCAA stats for Passing Efficiency because they have not met the minimum pass attempts. But based on the stats we have, Malik would be #6 [191.06] on the list. If he starts and finishes this week he should make the list. Conley would be #5 [197.81] but again has not made the minimum pass attempts to make the official list. For comparison, Trask [Fla QB] has 66 attempts and is #13 [178.60]. Malik has 59 attempts so he is close.

Of course it depends what he does with his next 20 passes as to where he enters the list.

Some of us don’t need stats to tell us our back up is as good or better than many starters throughout the P5. C & C yardage factory.

Thanks for the info. Really surprised to hear Cunningham does not have enough attempts to qualify but makes sense due to injuries and amount of game time. I think the low number of attempts we do have as a whole says a lot about how effective we have been running the ball. Been awhile as a UofL fan since we’ve been able to enjoy a consistent run game, it’s quite refreshing.

Reactions: Guardman
Thanks for the info. Really surprised to hear Cunningham does not have enough attempts to qualify but makes sense due to injuries and amount of game time. I think the low number of attempts we do have as a whole says a lot about how effective we have been running the ball. Been awhile as a UofL fan since we’ve been able to enjoy a consistent run game, it’s quite refreshing.

Cunningham does have enough attempts to qualify at this point. For some as yet unexplained reason, the NCAA hasn’t updated their stats database with the stats from week 6.

Later in the year when the Cards start playing quote: 'better defenses', will the Cards offense not be better too? Geez.

What happens when a juggernaut offense plays a solid defense? Hell, the football is not round and does tend to take some funny bounces. Does the defense control that too?

Cunningham does have enough attempts to qualify at this point. For some as yet unexplained reason, the NCAA hasn’t updated their stats database with the stats from week 6.

Gotcha. Yeah they aren’t to quick to update stats, I checked this morning to check total defense and offense and they still hadn’t updated stats from last week’s games.

My expectation is that Cunningham will be the starter, but Conley is not far behind. Cunningham is actually ranked #20 in ESPN’s total QBR. Only Trevor Lawrence is ranked ahead of him in the ACC.

There was an incomplete pass play late in the game that demonstrated Conley’s potential. He had enough situational awareness to realize that there was a blitzer coming from his blindside who was not accounted for. He made sure to throw the ball away in the area of a receiver before the blitzer could get to him.
Another example was when Conley came in the first time. Rolling to his right, his receiver was double covered and instead of trying to force the ball in, in threw the ball into the turf in front of the receiver, and moved on to the next play.

Reactions: PushupMan
Lachlan keeps saying that Cunningham is Top Five in QB efficiency. But no idea where that info is coming from...

I’m not sure where Lachlan “finds” anything. He is the world’s worst sports authority. In fact, if you ever watch Spectrum news (channel one) he’s pretty bad at presenting the news also. He should live in Va.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I’m not sure where Lachlan “finds” anything. He is the world’s worst sports authority. In fact, if you ever watch Spectrum news (channel one) he’s pretty bad at presenting the news also. He should live in Va.

His wife made them move to Charlotte.
His wife made them move back to Louisville.
You should be used to anti-UofL people living here in the Metro.
Look at all the blew yokels around here.

Reactions: gocds
His wife made them move to Charlotte.
His wife made them move back to Louisville.
You should be used to anti-UofL people living here in the Metro.
Look at all the blew yokels around here.

Yeah, but we still out number them by about 65% to 35%. The problem here is that we have a lot more to do in Louisville than they do in lessington or Charlottesville on a game day. Actually I met Lachlan and his wife at a dinner some years ago right before they left for Charlotte. There was no doubt about who was “in charge”. But that’s ok since her career was far better than his.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT