ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Igiehon Commits To Louisville

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Louisville landed its fifth ESPN 100 commitment in the Class of 2019, as big man Aidan Igiehon opoted to play for the Cardinals on Friday.

Igiehon, a 6-foot-9 native of Ireland who plays at Lawrence Woodmere Academy (New York), chose Louisville over a final four that also included St. John's, Oregon and Kentucky.

He took an unofficial visit to Louisville in June and followed it up with an official visit in September. The Cardinals made him a priority shortly after Chris Mack took over in the spring, and the school tracked him closely in July.

Ranked No. 36 in the ESPN 100, Igiehon slots in as the No. 8 power forward in the country. He's one of the stronger, more physical big men in the 2019 class, but also capable of running the floor and finishing above the rim.

Igiehon is also a terrific rebounder at both ends of the floor. He averaged 9.7 points and 6.4 rebounds on the Under Armour Association circuit with Team Rio National last spring and summer.

What a class he is putting together. Anyone know what the likely scholarship situation would be for next year? Does this likely fill
You up?

Louisville landed its fifth ESPN 100 commitment in the Class of 2019, as big man Aidan Igiehon opoted to play for the Cardinals on Friday.

Igiehon, a 6-foot-9 native of Ireland who plays at Lawrence Woodmere Academy (New York), chose Louisville over a final four that also included St. John's, Oregon and Kentucky.

He took an unofficial visit to Louisville in June and followed it up with an official visit in September. The Cardinals made him a priority shortly after Chris Mack took over in the spring, and the school tracked him closely in July.

Ranked No. 36 in the ESPN 100, Igiehon slots in as the No. 8 power forward in the country. He's one of the stronger, more physical big men in the 2019 class, but also capable of running the floor and finishing above the rim.

Igiehon is also a terrific rebounder at both ends of the floor. He averaged 9.7 points and 6.4 rebounds on the Under Armour Association circuit with Team Rio National last spring and summer.
Awesome get.

I wonder if all of these kids are clean? I didn't expect a slappy to raise that question...

At least Tyra's made sure that we're fresh out of banners to take down...
There is no basis for this claim lol. Enjoy the momentum and hope it carries onto the court. You’re wasting too much energy trying to discredit the “new regime” and not enjoying the meteoric rise of our basketball program under a new coach. I feel like we would be sensitive to the matter of compliance after we’ve been burned so many times now. Mack’s contract is probably even more strict than Rick’s.

I don’t care which “side of the aisle” you are with respect to TJ, RP & BP - that fact that grissom is a huge doucher is a universal truth.
To you and Zipp, sure. Maybe kozmas and the ncccardfan that care more about former employees than the University.

I think you mean grissom. If you’re going to hate - you might as well be accurate.
Gruesome's an old man and by himself. He can't pull his pants down without help.

Fanboy couldn't wait 15 minutes to speed down 2nd Street to witness the defrocking. And of course, we don't have money to fight the NCAA. He's drained half of the Hickman Camp Fund already...

Zipp you frowned on Mack when he didn't get any prized recruits during the extremely late window he had for his first team.

Mack then puts together the type of class you have gone on record saying you want - zero 5 stars, mostly 4 stars, with a 3 star - per Rivals. The top 2 of his class are near the back end of the top 50.

So Mack recruits the exact grouped rating of players you want, or very close to it - and your reaction is to question the legitimacy of the cleanliness of the players.

You aren't even being the faux contrarian you claim to be. You are just moving goal posts.

1*UPwnSRr5ujBqkZlLDGv88A.gif

Last edited:
Zipp you frowned on Mack when he didn't get any prized recruits during the extremely late window he had for his first team.

Mack then puts together the type of class you have gone on record saying you want - zero 5 stars, mostly 4 stars, with a 3 star - per Rivals. The top 2 of his class are near the back end of the top 50.

So Mack recruits the exact grouped rating of players you want, or very close to it - and your reaction is to question the legitimacy of the cleanliness of the players.

You aren't even being the faux contrarian you claim to be. You are just moving goal posts.
I don't think so, you're just presenting part of my narrative...

Mack's recruiting at about the level of Pitino which is fine. But I never said that was all that matters. In fact, I've beaten the drum louder than anyone about the importance of these kids being clean. Personally, I have no problem if Mack wants to stay with 3-star kids to make sure that happens.

While I have participated in recruiting discussions, it's not my passion. And I've consistently opined it's mostly a sideshow to what matters for him... Winning and running a clean program. He hasn't had a chance to do the former so there's nothing to talk about there.

Mack has so far done what he should be doing for a $4 million contract. To say he's "killing it" as I've heard today is more fake accomplishments . If anything, there should be increasing concern about continued fan apathy manifesting in slack demand for tickets and falling prices. Revenue is a big part of Tyra's responsibilities, but it is Mack's sport. He should be concerned as well...

Personally, I have no problem if Mack wants to stay with 3-star kids to make sure that happens.

Point me to the examples of title winning teams with only 3-star kids.

Mack's goal appears to be to recruit beyond 3-star kids, since 5 of the 6 verbals are 4 stars.

Mack is recruiting at the level a program of UofL's stature should be recruiting at, despite the shadow of the FBI/NCAA over his shoulder.

If you are greatly concerned with the cleanliness of the situation I can't say I blame you, but you probably need to stop following college basketball and college football if you are truly concerned with legitimacy of recruiting classes.

This is the business.

I'm not saying crown the guy and classes can and do fall apart - but this recruiting class is still news worthy of discussion.

Make up your mind is the recruiting fine or are you worried about the cleanliness of the players?

Can't be both which is it?
That's because not all four star kids are clean. The higher the rating, the less likely they're clean. It's navigating the edges of the mine field. Sorry if the answer's not more definitive...

Point me to the examples of title winning teams with only 3-star kids.

Mack's goal appears to be to recruit beyond 3-star kids, since 5 of the 6 verbals are 4 stars.

Mack is recruiting at the level a program of UofL's stature should be recruiting at, despite the shadow of the FBI/NCAA over his shoulder.

If you are greatly concerned with the cleanliness of the situation I can't say I blame you, but you probably need to stop following college basketball and college football if you are truly concerned with legitimacy of recruiting classes.

This is the business.

I'm not saying crown the guy and classes can and do fall apart - but this recruiting class is still news worthy of discussion.
Only 3-star kids, no. Kids like Russ and Luke Hancock are safe. Who are the kids who were suspect from the 2013 team? The higher rated ones. Those are the stakes of the game as it's now played.

I guess if you know what you're doing--unlike Pitino--you can try playing with a little fire. Maybe it works. I don't blame a coach risking a $30 million contract for NOT taking that chance.

I'm also not a conditional fan. Sat and watched terrible football games 35 years ago in a stadium right outta Lexington. And I watched while Denny almost ran things into the dirt. If Mack does his best to coach up 3-star kids that are safe to recruit, I'm OK with that...

I’ve never met a fan that cares more about revenue than zipp.

Honest question. Winningest athletic program or most profitable which would you rather have @zipp
See how well they correlate, if you know what that means...

It seems that if our fan base is the only fan base that has someone like @zipp who never fails to bring up Tyra vs TJ in every single thread regardless of what it’s actually about and be mad/blatantly whine/might be shedding actual tears, about landing a player for our team and worried if is he “clean” when our staff has absolutely 0 baggage.

I mean it’s so plain and clear at this point, Zipp. Just admit it. You’re a fan of UofTJ and always will be. You try to bash on Tyra any chance you get, try to change a positive into a negative (this thread), instead of talking about the kid committing, this is where we are in this thread. Talking about you complaining for some dumb reason. It’s pathetic that it’s gone this far. It really is. Wish you’d sit back and evaluate your fandom before continuing to post.

I mean this thread has nothing to do with Tyra and the banner yet you bring it up. That is my point. It’s seriously so old. Either admit you’re a UofTJ fan or move the heck on! If you’re a UofL fan then you support no matter who’s in charge. Maybe not at first, but when the guy has done absolutely NOTHING wrong and will continue to good things like hire Brohm, he deserves credit. He brought in Mack and look at our class EVEN after everything the old regime left us with, scandel ridden program. Even after that, we have 6 commits, top 10 guaranteed class. Yet here we are in a thread of our last commit talking about Tyra and Banners.

Can’t wait for the Mack hate when we lose some games this season even though you’ll completely ignore all of the factors and position that he was thrown into just so you can say you were “right” and fit your awful narrative.

EVALUATE YOURSELF.

Last edited:
It seems that if our fan base is the only fan base that has someone like @zipp who never fails to bring up Tyra vs TJ in every single thread regardless of what it’s actually about and be mad/blatantly whine/might be shedding actual tears, about landing a player for our team and worried if is he “clean” when our staff has absolutely 0 baggage.

I mean it’s so plain and clear at this point, Zipp. Just admit it. You’re a fan of UofTJ and always will be. You try to bash on Tyra any chance you get, try to change a positive into a negative (this thread), instead of talking about the kid committing, this is where we are in this thread. Talking about you complaining for some dumb reason. It’s pathetic that it’s gone this far. It really is. Wish you’d sit back and evaluate your fandom before continuing to post.

I mean this thread has nothing to do with Tyra and the banner yet you bring it up. That is my point. It’s seriously so old. Either admit you’re a UofTJ fan or move the heck on! If you’re a UofL fan then you support no matter who’s in charge. Maybe not at first, but when the guy has done absolutely NOTHING wrong and will continue to good things like hire Brohm, he deserves credit. He brought in Mack and look at our class EVEN after everything the old regime left us with, scandel ridden program. Even after that, we have 6 commits, top 10 guaranteed class. Yet here we are in a thread of our last commit talking about Tyra and Banners.

EVALUATE YOURSELF.

I like that.

UofTJ fightin Zipps !

What’s so ironic is that Zipp is so loyal to TJ and TJ got fired because he was so loyal to Rick and wouldn’t fire him no matter what.

I heard Jurich was going to get fired no matter what. The academic side, well some hated sports and wanted Jurich out.

Can’t wait for the Mack hate when we lose some games this season even though you’ll completely ignore all of the factors and position that he was thrown into just so you can say you were “right” and fit your awful narrative.

EVALUATE YOURSELF.
You know nothing about me. You're just another late arrival to the party.

I didn't mention Jurich, and I didn't mention Gruesome who's really a non-factor anymore. I dog Tyra's a$$ because he's in charge, he's spending money like a drunken sailor, and he gets way more credit than he usually deserves. I see none of that changing.

Part of me hopes he brings in Brohm because we'll be down another $18 million, and the path down will get quicker and more apparent. At some point, even the lightweights in our fanbase won't be able to deny it, Of course, most like you will be gone or using a different name. God willing, I'll still be here like I have been the last 17+ years.

And you claim to have me on "ignore" anyway...

I heard Jurich was going to get fired no matter what. The academic side, well some hated sports and wanted Jurich out.

None of this would’ve happened if Jurich had fired Pitino after the Powell scandal. No one wouldve been instructed to come in and clean it up had there been some firings for once in the most important sport in our athletics dept.

Since everyone is bringing up TJ and Tyra can anyone explain to me why Tyra is not in a hurry to find a new sponsor for the stadium?

Since everyone is bringing up TJ and Tyra can anyone explain to me why Tyra is not in a hurry to find a new sponsor for the stadium?
I still think that papa johns still has the naming rights. They were allowed to remove the name, but I don’t believe that they can replace it without repaying PJ’s. I could be wrong though.

What Rocky said.

Besides, as suggested to the drunk schnatter, he could prove he isnt a bigot by naming the stadium "Lenny Lyles Cardinal Stadium"

grissom wanted Pitino out period. If TJ (or anyone) was going to stand in the way of that - they were gone too.

Gruesome's an old man and by himself. He can't pull his pants down without help.

Fanboy couldn't wait 15 minutes to speed down 2nd Street to witness the defrocking. And of course, we don't have money to fight the NCAA. He's drained half of the Hickman Camp Fund already...
If that’s truly your impression of grissom and the situation overall - you are simply clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT