ADVERTISEMENT

After reading the crap journal

...Some think there was no problem operating under the table with no accountability for millions of dollars being distributed to certain individuals. The people who are really responsible for what we now have had ample time to clean up the mess but simply refused to do so. Easy money will do that...
So where are the U of L lawsuits to recover the money involved with all of that white-collar crime? Not to mention the criminal indictments as well? What am I missing from the hate crowd except more rhetoric and bull$hit?...

Evidence please?

And this too?

Just quoting garbage doesn't make it so. Except to reinforce one guy's misguided opinion...

The audit report is great evidence to form an informed opinion from. You can also look at the compensation of presidents at comparable institutions to further inform your opinion on that specific issue.

Reactions: wilkie01
The audit report is great evidence to form an informed opinion from. You can also look at the compensation of presidents at comparable institutions to further inform your opinion on that specific issue.
Ramsey made less money than his LPT counterpart. You should have known that too; you need that link?...

So where are the U of L lawsuits to recover the money involved with all of that white-collar crime? Not to mention the criminal indictments as well? What am I missing from the hate crowd except more rhetoric and bull$hit?...

Weak. No one said the money paid to the insiders constituted criminal activity although there were a couple of badges of fraud the way things were done. Also, no one even said there were civil damages. But even if there was, I doubt U of L wants to drag this mess out or into another arena in that way. There are ways to do things properly. Using a foundation of this type for your own personal money laundering operation is not one of them.

Ramsey made less money than his LPT counterpart. You should have known that too; you need that link?...

Or more than ACC counterparts. Perhaps that’s unique to the state of KY.

You keep using that lawsuit or indictment as a line in the sand. I wouldn’t want that mentality running one of my businesses.

Or more than ACC counterparts. Perhaps that’s unique to the state of KY...
It's called "pay for performance". How do you know his colleagues performed?
...You keep using that lawsuit or indictment as a line in the sand. I wouldn’t want that mentality running one of my businesses.
Do you have a business to compare? Let's hear about it to gauge relevancy. You just don't like that litmus test and what it says...

Weak. No one said the money paid to the insiders constituted criminal activity although there were a couple of badges of fraud the way things were done. Also, no one even said there were civil damages. But even if there was, I doubt U of L wants to drag this mess out or into another arena in that way. There are ways to do things properly. Using a foundation of this type for your own personal money laundering operation is not one of them.
IF there were millions involved and IF it was embezzled, hell yes that was criminal and hell yes those were damages. You can sure afford good lawyers for that kinda money, and if it's criminal, you can probably make a case for legal expenses to be reimbursed.

The reason there's been no lawsuit for that amount? Because you don't have crime or damages. You don't have $hit...

It's called "pay for performance". How do you know his colleagues performed?

Do you have a business to compare? Let's hear about it to gauge relevancy. You just don't like that litmus test and what it says...

At least you admitted that is your litmus test. We will certainly never agree when that’s your line in the sand.

IF there were millions involved and IF it was embezzled, hell yes that was criminal and hell yes those were damages. You can sure afford good lawyers for that kinda money, and if it's criminal, you can probably make a case for legal expenses to be reimbursed.

The reason there's been no lawsuit for that amount? Because you don't have crime or damages. You don't have $hit...

And obviously you don't know $hit about criminal or civil law. Once again no one said embezzled and the amount isn't relevant. Dude, at some point you have to admit to yourself that you are not really a fan of U of L but just a fan of certain individuals.

At least you admitted that is your litmus test. We will certainly never agree when that’s your line in the sand.
And YOUR litmus test was an audit that alleged criminal activity. Why wouldn't laws and lawsuits be highly relevant? You simply don't like what they're telling you (or not)...

Last edited:
And obviously you don't know $hit about criminal or civil law. Once again no one said embezzled and the amount isn't relevant. Dude, at some point you have to admit to yourself that you are not really a fan of U of L but just a fan of certain individuals.
I'm a fan of the truth. Not smear jobs over unfounded allegations, which is all you have.

I know enough about laws and damages to know that you can take someone to court over them. In fact, the goons now in charge said litigation would be considered. Yet nothing...which tells me that's what happened...nothing.

You just can't admit it...

I'm a fan of the truth. Not smear jobs over unfounded allegations, which is all you have.

I know enough about laws and damages to know that you can take someone to court over them. In fact, the goons now in charge said litigation would be considered. Yet nothing...which tells me that's what happened...nothing.

You just can't admit it...

No bubba. You cannot admit you are not a U of L fan but just a fan of people who used to be associated with the program. Get on the train or move on to another team.

No bubba. You cannot admit you are not a U of L fan but just a fan of people who used to be associated with the program. Get on the train or move on to another team.
Love real fan debates.

I'll be paying to see two basketball games tomorrow, will you be? And no one who "used to be associated" will be anywhere around.

AND you're off topic...

Unfortunately it seems the truth is former president Ramsey collected money while the funds of the university went down
If that's paying for performance it's the equivalent of paying high for losing money.
Tom Jurich made the statement that he shouldn't be held responsible for the funding or shortfalls of the academic side....they should fight and scrap for their own....trouble with this is that records show the athletic department received monies from the University to balance out.

You guys are better off. Seems like all your athletic teams are running well, and for all the ballyhoo about "deemphasizing sports" seem to be more than holding your own in all sports.

I was attending U of L basketball games and building the foundation for our program before you were born more than likely.
Doubtful. I'm pretty well along and with three degrees from U of L way back.

You OTOH are a poser...

Unfortunately it seems the truth is former president Ramsey collected money while the funds of the university went down If that's paying for performance it's the equivalent of paying high for losing money...
Like most slappies, you don't know jack...

Foundation%20Financials_zpshfqjapty.jpg

Foundation assets increased slightly this decade, about 2%, during which $800 million was paid out (expenses) for University purposes. That's more payout than the assets themselves!

Study up and come back to me...

(BTW... Ramsey made LESS money than his LPT counterpart, and I'll bet that guy didn't accomplish half of what Ramsey did.)

And YOUR litmus test was an audit that alleged criminal activity. Why wouldn't laws and lawsuits be highly relevant? You simply don't like what they're telling you (or not)...

I care about processes and procedures. To me, the audit provided glaring proof that there was a total lack of governance and oversight at many levels at UofL. In particular the dealings between the university and foundation were concerning. Couple that with many of the other issues arising over the last few years and you see a definitive pattern of conduct. That doesn’t diminish the growth the university has seen but once uncovered it demands action.

Zipp - You just got owned. When the team didn't get to play in the NCAA while two incompetent administrators and the coach sat there it showed the kind of people they had become.

I care about processes and procedures. To me, the audit provided glaring proof that there was a total lack of governance and oversight at many levels at UofL. In particular the dealings between the university and foundation were concerning. Couple that with many of the other issues arising over the last few years and you see a definitive pattern of conduct. That doesn’t diminish the growth the university has seen but once uncovered it demands action.
OK, I'll bite. What actions are you proposing?

You know you aren't proposing any at all and neither is Michael. The firings seem sufficient to you both and that is almost understandable save for one tiny issue which will cost the University dearly - there were never any suggestions for remedy of processes. Jurich, at least, commanded a level of respect that would offer him the opportunity to address the specific issues he was apparently fired for. This part of a respectful process never occurred and it forms the nucleus of much of my personal animus towards the dweebs now ****ing around with our program like uncomprehending lab rat manipulators. The anger aroused bu the treatment of Jurich will be a letter carved into the foreheads off all those involved for a long time to come.

Reactions: Bluegrasscard
As a resident of this state, I think it is a damn shame what this university did, along with all of the money they have stolen from us tax payers. That is all
What about all the money from the tax payers in this city goes out to the rest of this state and to support your crappy rural school? Pot meet kettle.

Reactions: zipp
US News University of Kentucky, chapman123 says we're an academic school
Lexington, KY
mini-badge-color.svg

#133 in National Universities (tie)
Located in the farm district of Lexington, the University of Kentucky offers Division I basketball, Greek life, and nearly 350 student organizations. Off campus, Lexington can also be a source of fun for students, who can drink, shop, gol
What's louisville ranked ?? go ahead, type it out

OK, I'll bite. What actions are you proposing?

You know you aren't proposing any at all and neither is Michael. The firings seem sufficient to you both and that is almost understandable save for one tiny issue which will cost the University dearly - there were never any suggestions for remedy of processes. Jurich, at least, commanded a level of respect that would offer him the opportunity to address the specific issues he was apparently fired for. This part of a respectful process never occurred and it forms the nucleus of much of my personal animus towards the dweebs now ****ing around with our program like uncomprehending lab rat manipulators. The anger aroused bu the treatment of Jurich will be a letter carved into the foreheads off all those involved for a long time to come.

Not be flippant, but the actions to take would be those that address the defencencies noted in the audit. That would involve greater oversight of real estate deals, a compensation committee perhaps, a stronger HR department, more comprehensive auditing of deans and their grant programs. Before he became interim AD, Vince Tyra was brought into the foundation board with the task of cleaning up the policies and procedures and to reign in endowment spending.

Not be flippant, but the actions to take would be those that address the defencencies noted in the audit. That would involve greater oversight of real estate deals, a compensation committee perhaps, a stronger HR department, more comprehensive auditing of deans and their grant programs. Before he became interim AD, Vince Tyra was brought into the foundation board with the task of cleaning up the policies and procedures and to reign in endowment spending.
Fair enough. In the end, perhaps all I want you to admit is that we reached an unprecedented scale based absolutely on the success of men we now trash. Great things are attained by great men and then the maintenance crews show up to try and solidify those gains- thank God. Guys like "respected accountants", lol. One thing is certain - trying to replicate what was achieved is basically impossible.

This was all new territory and they ran with big balls.The result was breath-taking. This link will show $344 Million in new building for the campus and university, only 10% of which are sports related, and this is now, not what already happened, which is already legendary. There may be a billion more in the pipleine.

http://louisville.edu/financials/capitalconstruction

Maybe it was time for Jurich to step aside - man, I'll need more convincing than what we've been given. Also, as much as I like the personality on Tyra, his origins smell funny to me. Ex business partner of Grizzwad, Vuince is now making the 8th highest AD salary in the country - with no experience? And people complain about Padgett possibly getting the gig with his "lack of experience", lol.

I want the rats out of the frigging belfry. They are there, gorging on the results of work by others and pissing in a bottle. Every day crappy, small personalities pose as the replacement parts for geniuses is an awful day.

Fair enough. In the end, perhaps all I want you to admit is that we reached an unprecedented scale based absolutely on the success of men we now trash. Great things are attained by great men and then the maintenance crews show up to try and solidify those gains- thank God. Guys like "respected accountants", lol. One thing is certain - trying to replicate what was achieved is basically impossible.

This was all new territory and they ran with big balls.The result was breath-taking. This link will show $344 Million in new building for the campus and university, only 10% of which are sports related, and this is now, not what already happened, which is already legendary. There may be a billion more in the pipleine.

http://louisville.edu/financials/capitalconstruction

Maybe it was time for Jurich to step aside - man, I'll need more convincing than what we've been given. Also, as much as I like the personality on Tyra, his origins smell funny to me. Ex business partner of Grizzwad, Vuince is now making the 8th highest AD salary in the country - with no experience? And people complain about Padgett possibly getting the gig with his "lack of experience", lol.

I want the rats out of the frigging belfry. They are there, gorging on the results of work by others and pissing in a bottle. Every day crappy, small personalities pose as the replacement parts for geniuses is an awful day.

I’ve said many times over that the growth under Ramsey and TJ was remarkable. In particular I think that TJ was the perfect person for UofL at the right time. It frustrates me that in so many areas of society (politics, religion, sports, etc) everything has to be black or white. Is it not reasonable to think that someone did a great job but that that person also may not be the right person to take things to another level? I’m pretty certain Ramsey needed to go. There was just too much smoke around him. I’m not sure about TJ. I do think however he wouldn’t have been able to operate in the manner he is accustomed to. So in that sense, it probably was the right time for him as well.

Even if I take you at your word, procedures and processes don't beget anything except risk and vulnerability. A LACK of those (or lack of adherence to them) doesn't mean that someone was crooked or even unethical. Ramsey COULD have been crooked, and a lack of proper oversight COULD have led to malfeasance. But you have no proof--nor evidently do local authorities and U of L--that any tangible wrong was committed.

There's nothing in the audit except for transparency and procedure issues. You have no proof of anything else. Just speculation or a yarn you're willing to weave and believe without proof. I need more as proof than an agenda...

Renaissance man or woman. ... The definition of a Renaissance man or woman is a person who is well educated and sophisticated and who has talent and knowledge in many different fields of study. An example of a Renaissance man was Leonardo da Vinci.

Why is it so hard to understand that this is what The University of Louisville is supposed to be about. Of course academies have greater status than athletics. This does not mean we cannot strive to have teams capable of winning National Championships. But at the end of the day, producing Renaissance men or women is the Mission of The University of Louisville. Ramsey, Jurich and Pitino had forgotten this. Also, the three also had forgotten about honor, integrity, and apparently morality. And they abused thier positions for personal gain.

Like most slappies, you don't know jack...

Foundation%20Financials_zpshfqjapty.jpg

Foundation assets increased slightly this decade, about 2%, during which $800 million was paid out (expenses) for University purposes. That's more payout than the assets themselves!

Study up and come back to me...

(BTW... Ramsey made LESS money than his LPT counterpart, and I'll bet that guy didn't accomplish half of what Ramsey did.)
What I know is Ramsey and entire BOT were replaced for questionable financial dealings with what are supposed to be YOURE University's assets. Those allegations were based on audits from the state.
You cherry pick whichever information you wish. Comparing UofL to UK is just a bias since you detest anything blue, which is all good. Since UK was not on the loss column according to the state audit and the UK athletics department gave funds to build educational facilities while UofL, which is often listed as the most valuable athletics department in the nation had to get money from the already strapped educational side should be enough to raise red flags about financial accountability.

You're a great Louisville fan. Ramsey and later on Jurich will be fine. Multimillionaires. They don't need fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT