ADVERTISEMENT

A win is a win is a win.

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Quoting Grandpaw , yet he was right.
Whether its 70-14 or 24-14, its a win.

Yeah its frustrating during the game, however at the end of the 60:00 minutes, you'd
better be in the lead.

Cards left 14 points on the field. Even if they had blown out Duke, they were bound
to play like this against wake, nc state or Virginia.

Players and Coaches have plenty to work on the next 7 days.

I'll never complain about a win. No matter what..........

That was our "off game." Lamar was making incorrect reads on read option plays and a few poor throws. The defense held them to 1 TD per half but Cutcliff did the right thing and tried to drain the clock, much like a slow paced team in basketball (I.g. UVA).

It was effective and I'm sure more opposing teams will learn from Dukes style and try that against us as well. When a team runs the ball like Duke, you don't get to create turnover opportunities via the blitz/pass rush so you have to play a conservative style that enables the other team to eat up clock.

Also, that style of play is BORING and our crowd was clearly not as engaged which favored the opposing offense.

Bobby will use this game to refocus the team during the long week before NC State.. who is looking solid against Clemson.

Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: American Male
Every game is different. Good to see the Cards grind one out. When a heavy favorite, the opposition is going to scheme in ways the top teams don't.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT