ADVERTISEMENT

4 major violations being reported

If it happened in your office, yeah, that would be a little weird. This happened at the player's residence. There aren't a lot of similarities with your analogy.

Another newbie. :rolleyes:

"players residence." lol It happened in a dorm on campus.

I really wish the university would take the press credential away from rick bozitch. he is a hit job journalist and a uklown fan.

As it should be. I run an office of 9 people. Pitino has a staff of about the same size. I am charged with supervising my staff, just as he is. If this garbage went on for a 4 year period in my office, then I'd expect to be held responsible - even fired. Pitino will never acknowledge any personal responsibility - too much ego - but clearly he should be held responsible whether he actually knew or not. It's his job to know what his staff is doing. That's one of the reasons he gets paid multi-millions. Glad to see Jurich and UofL avoided penalty.
bad analogy, using your setting of your office, are you required to spot-check your employees at their houses between 10-4am? if not, your analogy is bad.

As it should be. I run an office of 9 people. Pitino has a staff of about the same size. I am charged with supervising my staff, just as he is. If this garbage went on for a 4 year period in my office, then I'd expect to be held responsible - even fired. Pitino will never acknowledge any personal responsibility - too much ego - but clearly he should be held responsible whether he actually knew or not. It's his job to know what his staff is doing. That's one of the reasons he gets paid multi-millions. Glad to see Jurich and UofL avoided penalty.
The only difference with your supervision of employees is that athletes are a 24/7 supervision. Your's are M-F, 40 hours, perhaps. It doesn't seem possible that it went on 4 years without no one knowing. So the guys had some conscience? Didn't discuss sex publicly? Having Pitino after the Sypher incident was reported, now this, last year, going on for 4 years...it's a challenge to be a Card fan. Ellen

Reactions: awf
Thanks for linking this story.

By looking at this site, I saw that 3 of the 4 major allegations were not against the university but against McGee and Williams: the 4th being Pitino's alleged failure to monitor McGee.

If you look at the CJ, you will find there were 4 allegations, and then they try to hook you with "Will the 2013 Banner come down?" by comparing other schools whose players received extra benefits, even by naming Derrick Rose. The CJ is comparing apples to oranges by not looking at similar allegations. The Derrick Rose story was completely different because Derrick Rose was deemed academically ineligible.

The CJ needs to look at penalties issued to schools with similar allegations to predict if a banner may come down, but I am not going to hold my breath. Comparing similar allegations would demonstrate responsible journalism; bringing up schools who had to forfeit entire seasons is more alluring.
How about a four year period where a team had multiple superstar players getting paid by gangsters, game after game, to shave points. When caught, the players were banned from both NCAA and NBA play for life. Yet, the three banners they won are still proudly hanging. Is that an extra benefit, for an "amateur" athelete? Is that a good comparison?

*** Say goodbye Jimmy ***

I have to wonder how the University of Kentucky feels about you using university owned computers for sports message board trolling?
:D

Pitino Lite is probably lurking today...

The biggest question has still not been answered and may never be answered. Where did the money come from? McGee made squat, certainly not enough to be spending thousands on strippers/hookers for recruits.
$5,000 per year should have been pocket change on McGee's salary esp. considering that he didn't pay for a lot of his own living expenses.

...It is still hard for me to imagine that something like 11 stripper parties were held and he was the only one who orchestrated it.
I think that worked out to one "party" every two months. I probably could have pulled that off too...

Pitino's mistake was having McGee in the job, not monitoring McGee's behavior. With the right person, monitoring isn't needed. And there likely were indicators of a vulnerability with McGee, perhaps in any job...

...I can tell you from one UK fan I could care less, your basketball program has not been relevant to UK in what like 7 or 8 years. Wake me when you win a game vs UK. YAWN
No fanbase measures itself against U of L across the spectrum more than slapd!cks do, regardless of what you wanna believe.

"Elite program", my a$$...

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody.To all of those crashing the party here(no pun) there's not one.

No it's not. You either accept the warts or you don't. Nobody is holding anyone's feet to the fire regarding which team they want to support. If it is such a burden then maybe you should reconsider. Just a thought.
Seashore whines more than anyone on this board

When I read some of these post it sounds as if a lot of the people posting never went to college or lived on campus. There was on the average one party every month and that sounds extreme to you. I lived in a dorm at two different universities and there was a party every Friday and Saturday night.
There were quite a few of them done without the RA ever knowing it. As far as AdvanSix your post was the most ridiculous comparison to the situation being discussed. In order for your situation to be comparable you would have to know what was going on with every employee at night when they were off the clock.

Koz, you are right about the parties but maybe a little low on frequency, lol. I am sure you can imagine that there is probably a huge difference in some peoples eyes between frat parties and a paid assistant paying prostitutes to entertain players and recruits. Other than the stupidity of actually doing it, Mcgee put players eligibility in jeopardy. And i am not sure how this plays out but i would think that if they deem players ineligible due to improper benefits then the past precedent has been to vacate games they participated in. That could be a lot worse that CRP being suspended a few games like Beoheim and Brown.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and awf
The point I was trying to make is it was possible to have a party once a month in the dorm without CRP knowing about it. What McGhee did was foolish and wrong and at the ripe old age of 26 he should have known better. That is another point if people only knew all the stupid stuff I did when I was in my 20's. I am lucky I survived those years.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Koz, i agree with you 100% and am glad you survived also. But i would bet good money that there won't be another party there without him knowing and i guess the NCAA is saying he should of been monitoring his assistants that closely all along. He is mostly guilty of trusting Mcgee more than he should have, but who would of guessed he would be doing something that freakin stupid in the first place.

i have no problem believing andre would accept money for silence but if he did would he still be an uber driver in kansas city?

Good point. I sure wish he had cooperated though. The truth is always best in the long run.

Last edited:
Look I'm not completely sure we are completely out of the woods. As CRP says there is only one person who knows. What happens if he crawls out from under his rock, decides he wants to make some money for his own book? It is still hard for me to imagine that something like 11 stripper parties were held and he was the only one who orchestrated it.
Over 4 years. That's slightly less than 3 per year.

And $5,400 over four years works out to about $26 per week.

I'd like to know how many five-star recruits we can attract and sign--much less keep on the team--with that level of impermissible benefits. If it wasn't a serious matter, it would be a joke.

Far-from-incontrovertible evidence from a ho, and impermissible benefits that in reality are a joke. Yeah, that's postseason ban area for me.

Good for the NCAA that they had a university Prez willing to take a fall. And good for him that he's already gone...

I find it humerous when Internet message board junkies value the worth of another's opinion by how many posts they have made.

Don't act like someone with 4 posts who registered a week ago has a valued opinion here. Their intentions are clear. Don't play dumb.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Or just possibly some folks don't sit at their computers all day posting on internet message boards? Sir, you have nearly 20,000 posts, 20,000?. I joined in 2006 and have commented a half dozen times.
The number of posts by a member does not equate to the quality and or accuracy of their posts. That is utter nonsense.

Don't act like someone with 4 posts who registered a week ago has a valued opinion here. Their intentions are clear. Don't play dumb.
I think if you read closer I registered in July 2001. I don't think it makes a difference. If someone registers today. His/her opinion is no less valid.

Or just possibly some folks don't sit at their computers all day posting on internet message boards? Sir, you have nearly 20,000 posts, 20,000?. I joined in 2006 and have commented a half dozen times.
The number of posts by a member does not equate to the quality and or accuracy of their posts. That is utter nonsense.
Exactly.

I think if you read closer I registered in July 2001. I don't think it makes a difference. If someone registers today. His/her opinion is no less valid.

I wasn't talking about you. Trolls are easy to spot. Again, don't play dumb.

Seashore may have gone overboard but keep on pretending that what McGee did is excusable because of the amount of money involved and all schools do something as bad or worse and you're no better than a scat fan, but I expect that from you, selling parking spaces..
I doubt many (if any) people posting here think what McGee did was excusable. It was beyond deplorable but at some point in time (I realize each person is different), you have to come to terms with it for what it is and either disavow the program or continue to support it. That's the only two clear choices we as fans have.

I choose to stay aligned with the University and Athletic Department itself. That's my own personal choice. Everyone who cares about the University has to make up their own minds.

I doubt many (if any) people posting here think what McGee did was excusable. It was beyond deplorable but at some point in time (I realize each person is different), you have to come to terms with it for what it is and either disavow the program or continue to support it. That's the only two clear choices we as fans have.

I choose to stay aligned with the University and Athletic Department itself. That's my own personal choice. Everyone who cares about the University has to make up their own minds.
I agree with your post and I also align myself with the University. However, it becomes a little gray when that also includes you have to accept indiscretions and possibly bad or poor decisions made by representatives of the institution. I think people outside U of L can't understand how a university president loses his job because of actions under him and in the case of CRP, how that differs? Don't get me wrong I want CRP as our HC going forward as long as the total truth has been presented. Again, only andre knows. There is no U of L right or wrong, there is only right and wrong. Sorry for the sermon.

Reactions: Cue Card
The first two years of the "infractions" Andre McGee was only a student assistant with no salary, only a small living expense stipend. I'm pretty sure the money didn't originate with McGee, at least those first two years.

The median salary for graduate assistants (including non-athletic ones) is around $20K. You could assume that being a basketball grad assistant at a high profile school like UL would carry a higher salary. I have heard that McGee made closer to $40K his first two years, but I can't really find a link to support that number. But based on the median pay, it's reasonable.

He also had room and board paid for, with no other major living expenses. More importantly, he also likely easily earned (or was given, without knowledge of what it was going to) some money on the side as a former UL player who was still part of the program. To act like he couldn't afford $1,350 a year even those first two years is absurd. He wasn't destitute or anywhere close.

Of course, his last two years he was making near $100K (and over $100K at at least the end), so the money argument holds zero water at that point.

Last edited:
The only thing still in play regarding this NCAA issue is whether CRP faces any game suspensions. My guess is there will be a 3 or 4 game suspension for 2017-2018 season. The concerns over money have been resolved to the $5400.00 over a 4 year period; all & all a very minimal amount of money given the time period and the number of events that involved dancers & McGee.

Matt Jones and those BBN groupies are so misinformed and were so into their hate on UL; they allowed themselves to believe the NOA would be far more damaging to UL and specifically to Pitino. Clearly Jones was clueless and simply trying to "gin up" his minions to see UL in a more damaged perspective.

Dr Ramsey & TJ hiring Chuck Smrt and following his advice on self imposing the 2015-2016 NCAA ban turns out to result in minimal consequences beyond what we have already experienced. Recruiting has already picked back up and UL fans can feel pretty good about the future.

What is sad is having the program associated with the likes of Katina Powell and Trash Can Larry. Thanks for nothing Andre.

The only thing still in play regarding this NCAA issue is whether CRP faces any game suspensions. My guess is there will be a 3 or 4 game suspension for 2017-2018 season. The concerns over money have been resolved to the $5400.00 over a 4 year period; all & all a very minimal amount of money given the time period and the number of events that involved dancers & McGee.

Matt Jones and those BBN groupies are so misinformed and were so into their hate on UL; they allowed themselves to believe the NOA would be far more damaging to UL and specifically to Pitino. Clearly Jones was clueless and simply trying to "gin up" his minions to see UL in a more damaged perspective.

Dr Ramsey & TJ hiring Chuck Smrt and following his advice on self imposing the 2015-2016 NCAA ban turns out to result in minimal consequences beyond what we have already experienced. Recruiting has already picked back up and UL fans can feel pretty good about the future.
That is not entirely true. There still is a chance that one or more of the players that received an improper benefit played on the 2013 championship team. However, they will be given an opportunity to pay back their benefit (as previous offenders have done). The banner is not in jeopardy.

Reactions: Cue Card
I agree with all of this. Look, I would never expect a fan to turn his/her back on their team, I would never do it, but this is more serious, and more disgusting than some realize.
This may be intended as constructive thought. But Louisville fans will have to be excused from taking such from most LPT fans except for a couple who have posted here with some level of credibility.
If this was happening at UK you guys would've be doing the same. Heck, Zipp would have broken his neck while trying to do cartwheels in his room by now.
I would just be making snarky, sarcastic comments. "Cartwheels" are not my style...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT