ADVERTISEMENT

30 for 30 on Coach Cow

Disappointing Steelers. Was hoping you'd link that way back thread where many UK fans shared how they felt about Calipari while he was at Memphis.

Lots of guys had to create new screen names after that one!

Eh...I was just zeroing in on the disdain for a biblical reference.

If you're looking for a justification to hate someone - there's no better resource...

Dont pay attention to this anemic clown.
Hate ? Someone ive never met/will never meet that doesnt effect my life,
not 1% LoL.

I only notice this b-list Coach twice a year ; one when they play UofL. Two , when his number one recruiting classes flame out AGAIN in the NCAAT.
Maybe 3 on draft day when cow proclaims it "the greatest day in uofk history"

Later for her..........

Reactions: gocds
Disappointing Steelers. Was hoping you'd link that way back thread where many UK fans shared how they felt about Calipari while he was at Memphis.

Lots of guys had to create new screen names after that one!

by matt jones @ 11:52 pm. filed under blue blooded opinions

kansas vs memphis .it is time for kansas to win another. memphis is a great team, but i simply cant pull for calipari and the way he runs a program. rock chalk jayhawk .

Let's not forget Bledso's Herculean intellectual feat of passing Algebra III before I and II in the same summer.

It should be inserted here that this happened before Cal was recruiting him. Don't throw it out there that Cal engineered this feat.

It should be inserted here that this happened before Cal was recruiting him. Don't throw it out there that Cal engineered this feat.
So - Cal recruiting a kid who obviously committed academic fraud - gets a pass from you because the fraud happened before he was recruiting him?

Explains a lot.

Reactions: JohnCard28
So - Cal recruiting a kid who obviously committed academic fraud - gets a pass from you because the fraud happened before he was recruiting him?

Explains a lot.
Obviously committed academic fraud? When did it become obvious?
When was Cal supposed to know it was obvious?
Was it after the NCAA cleared the kid the first time or the second time?
Was it after the season was over when Memphis got slapped without an investigation? That's when Csl found out about the accusation. But I'm sure you have proof that he knew all along.
At what point was it obvious that Rose committed academic fraud?
You guys found out about the things that happened in Minardi hall years after the events occurred. Pitino claims he didn't know, yet these things happened on campus.
Rose lived in Chicago and he was cleared twice. What would you do if you were the coach of Memphis at that time and the #1 player in the class committed to you and was cleared by the selection committee?
Ah, who am I kidding, you would have kicked him to the curb, because it's Monday morning and you're a quarterback.

Obviously committed academic fraud? When did it become obvious?
When was Cal supposed to know it was obvious?
Was it after the NCAA cleared the kid the first time or the second time?
Was it after the season was over when Memphis got slapped without an investigation? That's when Csl found out about the accusation. But I'm sure you have proof that he knew all along.
At what point was it obvious that Rose committed academic fraud?
You guys found out about the things that happened in Minardi hall years after the events occurred. Pitino claims he didn't know, yet these things happened on campus.
Rose lived in Chicago and he was cleared twice. What would you do if you were the coach of Memphis at that time and the #1 player in the class committed to you and was cleared by the selection committee?
Ah, who am I kidding, you would have kicked him to the curb, because it's Monday morning and you're a quarterback.
The conversation and my comment was about Bledsoe - not Rose.

Maybe try and keep up before you waste everyone's time with your long winded, off topic BS.

The conversation and my comment was about Bledsoe - not Rose.

Maybe try and keep up before you waste everyone's time with your long winded, off topic BS.
Same thing applies to the Bledsoe ordeal. Where was the academic fraud? They simply looked into his records.

Same thing applies to the Bledsoe ordeal. Where was the academic fraud? They simply looked into his records.
We agree that it's the same thing - cow recruited two kids that committed academic fraud - Rose was proven, while Bledsoe took a page out of cow's book, and left lexington before any ramifications could occur.

You either know nothing specific about the Bledsoe case or, you are completely intellectually dishonest - maybe both.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/records_differed_on_bledsoes_p.html

The deal with Rose was never proven, he just didn't cooperate.

Bledsoe's grade issue was before any big schools were recruiting him.
The real crime here is that one of either Duke, UK, or Florida leaked his transcript to Forde. That is actually a criminal offense.

Forde is known to have close sources to Louisville, he has the scoop on ALL the UofL stories. Richard Pitino was at Florida at the time, and we know Donovan is close to Pitino.
Do the math...pun intended.

The deal with Rose was never proven, he just didn't cooperate.

Bledsoe's grade issue was before any big schools were recruiting him.
The real crime here is that one of either Duke, UK, or Florida leaked his transcript to Forde. That is actually a criminal offense.

Forde is known to have close sources to Louisville, he has the scoop on ALL the UofL stories. Richard Pitino was at Florida at the time, and we know Donovan is close to Pitino.
Do the math...pun intended.
A. Why wouldn't you cooperate if you were innocent? Particularly if by not, your school was going to get hammered by the NCAA. "Doing the math" says that - you wouldn't.

B. Bledsoe's grades were in his senior year so, yeah I think there were schools recruiting him. Again "doing the math" (how ironic) shows a clear cut case of unadulterated academic fraud.

C. You think the "real crime" is that someone exposed Bledsoe's fraud? Lol - that sounds familiar. Big trump supporter are you?

A. Why wouldn't you cooperate if you were innocent? Particularly if by not, your school was going to get hammered by the NCAA. "Doing the math" says that - you wouldn't.

B. Bledsoe's grades were in his senior year so, yeah I think there were schools recruiting him. Again "doing the math" (how ironic) shows a clear cut case of unadulterated academic fraud.

C. You think the "real crime" is that someone exposed Bledsoe's fraud? Lol - that sounds familiar. Big trump supporter are you?

I don't know why Rose didn't cooperate, maybe because he was getting ready for the draft. Why didn't past members of Pitinos staff cooperate with the NCAA? However, you wrote it wa proven he cheated, which is not true at all.

Duke, and certainly not UK or Calipari at Memphis were recruiting Bledsoe at the time of this class.
Calipari didn't recruit Bledsoe until he got to UK. He had successfully recruited Xavier Henry to Memphis as his 2 guard.

You must be a real Hillary supporter, as you don't realize that it is actually a federal crime to make a kids transcript public.
The horror that someone in Birmingham school district "might've" helped a kid that was living out of car seems like small potatoes to what's happened recently in college sports.

I don't know why Rose didn't cooperate, maybe because he was getting ready for the draft. Why didn't past members of Pitinos staff cooperate with the NCAA? However, you wrote it wa proven he cheated, which is not true at all.

Duke, and certainly not UK or Calipari at Memphis were recruiting Bledsoe at the time of this class.
Calipari didn't recruit Bledsoe until he got to UK. He had successfully recruited Xavier Henry to Memphis as his 2 guard.

You must be a real Hillary supporter, as you don't realize that it is actually a federal crime to make a kids transcript public.
The horror that someone in Birmingham school district "might've" helped a kid that was living out of car seems like small potatoes to what's happened recently in college sports.
What does "past members of pitino's staff" have to do with anything? Just another in a long line of false equivalencies, rationalizations or straw man arguments that you use in an attempt to deflect from what is the truth.

Here's what are the facts Bill.

1. Supposition aside, the NCAA vacated Rose's test score and coupled with his brother riding for free on team charters, vacated season(s) at Memphis.

2. Someone or multiple people changed Bledsoe's grades in order to allow him to be eligible to play as a freshman. After never having gotten better than a C in any HS math class his entire life, he is credited for an A in Alg 3 (a night class) when the reports show his grade was a C. Subsequent to that, he takes Alg 2 (online) and is credited with another A. The sequence in and of itself is troubling and the principal is on record as saying that it was improper. Anything less than an A on either of those courses and he wouldn't have been eligible - he could have still gone to college though - he just couldn't have played as a freshman.

2. His HS coach (and probably others) paid for his and mother's apartment - another murky situation. The fact that ultimately none of those people or Bledsoe would cooperate with the NCAA - sure seems like a similar strategy to Rose. I wonder who suggested it?

Exposing academic fraud is not a crime - the NCAA does it all of the time and certainly had it within their purview to ascertain his transcripts. That his transcript became public due to his (and others') fraud is really the small potatoes that mention. Like most trumpanzees, you suffer from situational ethics - leaks are fine when they're helping you - terrible when they go against you.

The fact that uk wasn't recruiting Bledsoe until cow got there, is actually more of an indictment of how sketchy cow is when it comes to what he'll do / overlook in order to get a kid on the court who shouldn't be.

BP, The NCAA rules Rose ineligible because he didn't cooperate with the investigation, and per the testing agency there was a 51-49 percent chance he didn't take the test.

The "false equivalency" is that you assumed Rose cheated because he didn't cooperate, and maybe he did, but do you feel Louisville should forfeit games because past staff members haven't cooperated with the NCAA? If there isn't more to the story then why wouldn't they cooperate?

Florida and Duke were recruiting Bledsoe, BP.
The transcripts which they both had, didn't become public until he chose UK. Those 2 schools would've had them as well as UK.

It was never about exposing academic fraud, or Bledsoe. It was about losing a recruit and trying to slow down Cal's momentum at UK.
If it was about academic fraud they'd have notified the NCAA.
Leaking a kids transcript is a criminal offense, it's against the law.

BP, The NCAA rules Rose ineligible because he didn't cooperate with the investigation, and per the testing agency there was a 51-49 percent chance he didn't take the test.

The "false equivalency" is that you assumed Rose cheated because he didn't cooperate, and maybe he did, but do you feel Louisville should forfeit games because past staff members haven't cooperated with the NCAA? If there isn't more to the story then why wouldn't they cooperate?

Florida and Duke were recruiting Bledsoe, BP.
The transcripts which they both had, didn't become public until he chose UK. Those 2 schools would've had them as well as UK.

It was never about exposing academic fraud, or Bledsoe. It was about losing a recruit and trying to slow down Cal's momentum at UK.
If it was about academic fraud they'd have notified the NCAA.
Leaking a kids transcript is a criminal offense, it's against the law.
Bill - the NCAA investigated rose because they didn't believe he took the test. They ruled against rose because he wouldn't cooperate with them because he knew that he didn't take the test. In your deflection bringing up UofL, you haven't mentioned what asst. coaches you are talking about but if it's AM - then he isn't cooperating and the same reason that Rose didn't cooperate. Because he's guilty of what they accuse him of.

Wonder why you forgot to mention that Memphis (while cow was still there) was recruiting Bledsoe also? Several sites don't show a committable offer to Bledsoe from either Duke or Florida so, you have to wonder why they wouldn't - perhaps specifically because they did have his transcripts and knew that something was wrong.

Leaking a kid's transcript may indeed be a criminal offense, but so is fraudulently obtaining financial grant in aid from a state university which is exactly what Bledsoe and his accomplices did.

Pastier recruited Bledsoe after Cal left Memphis.

Are you trying to imply that Calipari was involved in getting Bledsoe's grades changed?

Florida and Duke had commitable offers to Bledsoe if had chosen to go there.
The NCAA cleared him, twice. The Birmingham school district cleared him, twice.
Maybe it's time for you to let this fish go.

Pastier recruited Bledsoe after Cal left Memphis.

Are you trying to imply that Calipari was involved in getting Bledsoe's grades changed?

Florida and Duke had commitable offers to Bledsoe if had chosen to go there.
The NCAA cleared him, twice. The Birmingham school district cleared him, twice.
Maybe it's time for you to let this fish go.
Sure that makes complete sense - cow has no interest in the kid until he gets the yut job. :rolleyes:

I'm not implying that cow was involved in changing his grades - though I wouldn't be surprised at that, as the Memphis program he ran was the absolute dirtiest since unlv. I did make reference to the similarities in Bledsoe's decision to not cooperate with the NCAA and rose's decision to not cooperate with the NCAA.

You saying that he had commutable offers to Duke in Florida but, that's not what some recruiting sites say.

The NCAA nor the Birmingham school district "cleared him" - I simply do not have anyone cooperate with either of their investigations.

Maybe it's time you slink back to raftards.

Calipari had Xavier Henry signed while at Memphis. When Cal left Memphis for UK, Henry chose to go to Kansas instead of following Calipari.
When that occurred, along with Jodie Meeks leaving UK for the NBA, UK needed a 2 guard, that's where Bledsoe entered the picture.

The NCAA cleared Bledsoe twice BP.

Calipari had Xavier Henry signed while at Memphis. When Cal left Memphis for UK, Henry chose to go to Kansas instead of following Calipari.
When that occurred, along with Jodie Meeks leaving UK for the NBA, UK needed a 2 guard, that's where Bledsoe entered the picture.

The NCAA cleared Bledsoe twice BP.
There is a complete difference in clearing a player and, not making him ineligible. In legalese - Bledsoe was found 'not guilty' rather than being declared 'innocent'.

Even a complete idiot knows that a HS student with a 1.75 gpa thru 3 years and, one who had never gotten above a C in even the most basic of math classes, doesn't suddenly Ace Alg 3 (night class) and then Ace Alg 2 (on line course) without something fraudulent occurring. The teacher even admitted to changing his grade "frequently".

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article44050806.html

You clearly have situational ethics or, are that one complete idiot in a million. Bottom line is that cow has been dirty his entire career - if that has only recently changed, it doesn't erase his slimy and sordid past.

Bledsoe has made $32mm already in his career and will almost certainly crest $100mm in earnings before he is done. If a corrupt, hypocritical, selective entity like the NCAA came to me asking for information and I was worth 9 figures, I'd tell them to pound sand too. They have no jurisdiction in the NBA.

Bledsoe has made $32mm already in his career and will almost certainly crest $100mm in earnings before he is done. If a corrupt, hypocritical, selective entity like the NCAA came to me asking for information and I was worth 9 figures, I'd tell them to pound sand too. They have no jurisdiction in the NBA.
Hard to argue with that logic - I guess that's why Bledsoe didn't.

I guess that's the ultimate epitome of the OAD phenomenon - F my teammates, F "my school", F those idiots who changed my grade or took that test for me.

F everyone - it's all about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnKBA

Which past members of Pitino's staff are you referring to?

There is a complete difference in clearing a player and, not making him ineligible. In legalese - Bledsoe was found 'not guilty' rather than being declared 'innocent'.

Even a complete idiot knows that a HS student with a 1.75 gpa thru 3 years and, one who had never gotten above a C in even the most basic of math classes, doesn't suddenly Ace Alg 3 (night class) and then Ace Alg 2 (on line course) without something fraudulent occurring. The teacher even admitted to changing his grade "frequently".

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article44050806.html

You clearly have situational ethics or, are that one complete idiot in a million. Bottom line is that cow has been dirty his entire career - if that has only recently changed, it doesn't erase his slimy and sordid past.

The NCAA did clear him, and clearing him is the same as declaring him innocent. I don't know if Bledsoe had his grades changed or not, but if they were it had nothing to do with Calipari and everything to do with a teacher trying to help a kid with a ticket out of the ghetto.

Nothing that has happened under Calipari is as bad as what Louisville is under investigation for now.
Calipari , or his program was directly involved in either case.
There's a difference between thinking something is true, and knowing something is true.

The NCAA did clear him, and clearing him is the same as declaring him innocent. I don't know if Bledsoe had his grades changed or not, but if they were it had nothing to do with Calipari and everything to do with a teacher trying to help a kid with a ticket out of the ghetto.

Nothing that has happened under Calipari is as bad as what Louisville is under investigation for now.
There's a difference between thinking something is true, and knowing something is true.

Excuse me Mr. Derrington but academic fraud (Memphus) is far worse that what is going on at UofL. Let us remember that Memphus (under Calivacate) had to vacate their final four banner. That isn't going to happen to UofL regardless of all the wishful thinking of all of you cayut fans. You should post your drivel over on cat piss where you'll be hailed as a hero.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

What you "don't know" could fill a book. Your "ghetto" reference is touching but - as usual with you - misplaced.

The whole reason that his grades were changed (and you have no idea whether cow was involved either directly or indirectly) was so HE WOULD BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY AS A FRESHMAN. He still could have received grant in aid to attend college - he simply wouldn't have been eligible to play right away.

I mean - that's the reason that he went to college - right? To get an education so he could get "out of the ghetto" as you said. He could have still achieved all that he did, it just would have taken a year longer. Unless you're saying waiting that extra year justifies the academic fraud?

If you think that college basketball players seeing naked girls is worse than blatant academic fraud, then your priorities are severely out of whack. You also must not know much about the program that cow ran while at Memphis. As said before - it was the damn Wild West.

Reactions: shadow force
Kerry you lend your self to having no credibility when you make ridiculous comments like "You Couldn't Pay Me $10,000,000 to watch 1 second of the 30 on 30 about Cal. That is about as ridiculous a comment as I have ever heard. Of course you would listen to 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month of the 30 on 30 about Calapari. You would be set for life money wise and if for no other reason you would do it for your family. The hatred and jealousy UL fans have for Coach Cal is just unbelievable.
I'very never been here before but I don't think he was being literal when he said that.

Reactions: JohnKBA
That's a bit over the top regarding Trump, but I'm not all that surprised. I am assuming you're talking about the illegal act of unmasking Americans on FICA wiretaps. That should bother all Americans since it is actually illegal to do that. Is there any actual evidence to date connecting Russia and Donald J. Trump? Not according to one of your own Democratic leaders . https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ssian-collusion-during-2016-campaign-n2322991

Now if the DNC is hacked and emails showing collusion are brought forward, it's not the collusion that upset the Clinton supporters. It's the hacking of the information. Talk about a double standard. LOL. If I'm a drug lord, and I call the FBI to provide solid incremenating information about another drug lord, does that make the information less valuable? Think about it.

Remember. You started this BS which will probably lead this thread to being locked.

Reactions: Bill Derington
That's a bit over the top regarding Trump, but I'm not all that surprised. I am assuming you're talking about the illegal act of unmasking Americans on FICA wiretaps. That should bother all Americans since it is actually illegal to do that. Is there any actual evidence to date connecting Russia and Donald J. Trump? Not according to one of your own Democratic leaders . https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...ssian-collusion-during-2016-campaign-n2322991

Now if the DNC is hacked and emails showing collusion are brought forward, it's not the collusion that upset the Clinton supporters. It's the hacking of the information. Talk about a double standard. LOL. If I'm a drug lord, and I call the FBI to provide solid incremenating information about another drug lord, does that make the information less valuable? Think about it.

Remember. You started this BS which will probably lead this thread to being locked.
In before the lock...:)

Seems rather unlikely that the mods would wait until May 8th to lock the thread from all of my "bs" posted on April 20th - no? Now, you dredging it up and it getting into a full blown political back and forth will certainly result in that. My response to Bill was that I found it funny that he has more issues with Bledsoe and his teachers' academic fraud being exposed - than he did with the actual fraud itself. I am on record as saying both are wrong but, the systematic fraud is worse.

That position is 100% consistent with how I feel about the issue that you raised. That said, leaking - while an unethical and sometimes illegal activity - has been going on for decades and plagues administrations on both sides of the aisle. What is brand new and significantly more dangerous - is a foreign power attempting to influence our elections to achieve a result that is more palatable to them - collusion or no collusion. Had the shoe been on the other foot - I would have the same opinion.

Clinton ran a bad campaign and was a significantly flawed candidate - but as we learned again today, there is no disagreement between any of our 17 intelligence agencies, that Russia specifically interfered in our presidential election and did so, solely on the behalf of Trump. I look forward to the rest of the investigations to see exactly how far up the chain it goes.

In before the lock...:)

Seems rather unlikely that the mods would wait until May 8th to lock the thread from all of my "bs" posted on April 20th - no? Now, you dredging it up and it getting into a full blown political back and forth will certainly result in that. My response to Bill was that I found it funny that he has more issues with Bledsoe and his teachers' academic fraud being exposed - than he did with the actual fraud itself. I am on record as saying both are wrong but, the systematic fraud is worse.

That position is 100% consistent with how I feel about the issue that you raised. That said, leaking - while an unethical and sometimes illegal activity - has been going on for decades and plagues administrations on both sides of the aisle. What is brand new and significantly more dangerous - is a foreign power attempting to influence our elections to achieve a result that is more palatable to them - collusion or no collusion. Had the shoe been on the other foot - I would have the same opinion.

Clinton ran a bad campaign and was a significantly flawed candidate - but as we learned again today, there is no disagreement between any of our 17 intelligence agencies, that Russia specifically interfered in our presidential election and did so, solely on the behalf of Trump. I look forward to the rest of the investigations to see exactly how far up the chain it goes.

First of all there was no fraud proven in the Bledsoe case, you may think there was fraud but the school board in Birmingham and the NCAA disagreed. Leaking a high school kids transcripts is a federal crime. If you think a homeless kid getting help from a high school teacher is on the same level as a grown man trying to destroy that oppurtunity by knowingly breaking the law, well, I disagree.

Not surprisingly you're wrong about the 17 intelliegence agencies, just yesterday in the Senate hearing former director Clapper, under oath, dispelled that rumor.

Also, it's odd that you completely dismiss what was actually released by wikileaks, and instead attack the messenger in one case, and do the opposite when it comes to a homeless kid.

More filth coming out of Lexington that no one will admit happens there because apparently they need more proof to link Cal and the slime trail that follows him everywhere he goes.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-staffer-charged-with-defrauding-nba-players/

So what's the pay off to keep this guy's mouth shut? He was deeply entrenched with uk athletics before becoming an independent agent who's defrauding former uk players and has a laundering list (pun intended) of criminal activity according to the report.

More filth coming out of Lexington that no one will admit happens there because apparently they need more proof to link Cal and the slime trail that follows him everywhere he goes.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-staffer-charged-with-defrauding-nba-players/

So what's the pay off to keep this guy's mouth shut? He was deeply entrenched with uk athletics before becoming an independent agent who's defrauding former uk players and has a laundry list (pun intended) of criminal activity according to the report.

He worked for UK under Tubby, became an agent that Harrelson used. Stole money from Harrelson.

He worked for UK under Tubby, became an agent that Harrelson used. Stole money from Harrelson.
Oh there's lots more than just that Bill. He was with the program for quite a while. If there were questions about his ethics while still working for the university under Cal, and there were lots of questions, then why didn't Cal ask to have him removed? Guess who was picking up the loaner cars for the players and the families to use from a shady dealer in Louisville while Cal was still the coach? Your discounting him for working for just Tubby is kind of laughable really. It's the same old story form uk fans. Does Leon working for Cal too fall under a pre-existing condition since he started under Tubby? Sheesh. You guys never give up with this stuff.

Oh there's lots more than just that Bill. He was with the program for quite a while. If there were questions about his ethics while still working for the university under Cal, and there were lots of questions, then why didn't Cal ask to have him removed? Guess who was picking up the loaner cars for the players and the families to use from a shady dealer in Louisville while Cal was still the coach? Your discounting him for working for just Tubby is kind of laughable really. It's the same old story form uk fans. Does Leon working for Cal too fall under a pre-existing condition since he started under Tubby? Sheesh. You guys never give up with this stuff.

He was director of basketball operations under Tubby, 2001 - 2006.
He was employed by UK until 2011, it didn't say anything about basketball.

I brought up Tubby because he worked with Tubby as director, not Calipari whom you identified in your post.

He represented players after they left UK, and even Mack, who didn't go to UK, unless you think he was the bagman for Butler as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT