ADVERTISEMENT

30 for 30 on Coach Cow

KU2008

No-Ranking Prospect
Feb 14, 2017
Anybody else watched it yet? My God is that greaseball corny as hell...Also I fail to realize why Cow gets a 30 for 30 before MUCH more accomplished coaches whose jock he can't even hold: K, Pitino, Roy, Boeheim to name a few.
I guess that's cause Mr. Vacated Season never met a mic he didn't like while the other ones have better things to do at that age

You've seen it? It doesn't air on ESPN until Thursday at 9.
Yeah. You got a good summary over at Rupp Rafters if you can stomach all the fellatio they give Cow in their posts...Maybe you can even respond and ruffle some feathers if you are not banned like me lol

Reactions: CardsFirst
Yeah. You got a good summary over at Rupp Rafters if you can stomach all the fellatio they give Cow in their posts...Maybe you can even respond and ruffle some feathers if you are not banned like me lol

I'll pass, not the trolling a home board type. I DO look forward to watching the story though. ESPN does really good work on their films.

I'll pass, not the trolling a home board type. I DO look forward to watching the story though. ESPN does really good work on their films.
Yeah it's well made. They touch on the Rose/Camby stuff too. Of course that Cow, being the master manipulator he is, paints himself as an innocent victim

Don't want to see any fluff piece about Calimari. all it does is give hive more recruiting momentum . For some reason he says the media doesn't like him. I beg to differ he gets more air play than most other coaches besides K.

Don't want to see any fluff piece about Calimari. all it does is give hive more recruiting momentum . For some reason he says the media doesn't like him. I beg to differ he gets more air play than most other coaches besides K.
Its because he puts himself in the news

Anybody else watched it yet? My God is that greaseball corny as hell...Also I fail to realize why Cow gets a 30 for 30 before MUCH more accomplished coaches whose jock he can't even hold: K, Pitino, Roy, Boeheim to name a few.
I guess that's cause Mr. Vacated Season never met a mic he didn't like while the other ones have better things to do at that age
ESPN did a SportsCentury documentary on Rick Pitino in 2004. I'd encourage you to check the SportsCentury on Pitino out it is a great film. I know it does not have much of his UofL career, but Pitino does have his own ESPN doc so you can stop being so upset about Cal getting one.

Kerry you lend your self to having no credibility when you make ridiculous comments like "You Couldn't Pay Me $10,000,000 to watch 1 second of the 30 on 30 about Cal. That is about as ridiculous a comment as I have ever heard. Of course you would listen to 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month of the 30 on 30 about Calapari. You would be set for life money wise and if for no other reason you would do it for your family. The hatred and jealousy UL fans have for Coach Cal is just unbelievable.

Reactions: KennyCardinalPowers
Kerry you lend your self to having no credibility when you make ridiculous comments like "You Couldn't Pay Me $10,000,000 to watch 1 second of the 30 on 30 about Cal. That is about as ridiculous a comment as I have ever heard. Of course you would listen to 1 second, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month of the 30 on 30 about Calapari. You would be set for life money wise and if for no other reason you would do it for your family. The hatred and jealousy UL fans have for Coach Cal is just unbelievable.

Money isnt everything.
"The love of money is the root of all evil."

No one is jealous of an overpaid, underperforming, Coach Pitino clone, BKA
as a coach that burned two Universities and ran.
I will NEVER watch it. Not one second.

You uofk fans need to get over yourself.

PJ Washington, Nick Richards, and Jarred Vanderbilt echoed Knox’s excitement, with Richards telling Colleen he’s excited to see it because “just the way that [Calipari] talks to his players, he’s basically going to tell the truth.”

Recruits already brainwashed LOL.

Trumped only by the hate and jealousy I saw towards Coach Crum ,in this city,in the early to mid 70's.
Can we still play that as a trump card 30 years later? Life's too short to hold on to things for so long.

Can we still play that as a trump card 30 years later? Life's too short to hold on to things for so long.
And in these modern days, the racist undertones seem to be directed at Cal. and his players Saying that he pays players, his players don't care about anything but themselves, AAU culture ruining basketball, the game is not "the same"...Very reminiscent of the undertones thrown at the Fab 5 back in the day

It really seems like Calipari embracing the basketball culture and empowering his players is challenging an establishment. The detractors say players should listen to their coach and care more about the fans and their coach rather than make a good decision for themselves. They like to say the players don't go to class and do not care about school, and those players are not doing it "the right way". You don't hear about this from baseball players on the circuit, but a sport predominately populated by African Americans has guys wanting to go pro, and they are ruining the game by making personal decisions and not thinking of their university.

Terms like roll the ball out and let them go, low basketball IQ, p*mp*ng out his players, Demarcus Cousins being a "thug" and etc. If these were white player I can guarantee different terminology would be used.

And in these modern days, the racist undertones seem to be directed at Cal. and his players Saying that he pays players, his players don't care about anything but themselves, AAU culture ruining basketball, the game is not "the same"...Very reminiscent of the undertones thrown at the Fab 5 back in the day

It really seems like Calipari embracing the basketball culture and empowering his players is challenging an establishment. The detractors say players should listen to their coach and care more about the fans and their coach rather than make a good decision for themselves. They like to say the players don't go to class and do not care about school, and those players are not doing it "the right way". You don't hear about this from baseball players on the circuit, but a sport predominately populated by African Americans has guys wanting to go pro, and they are ruining the game by making personal decisions and not thinking of their university.

Terms like roll the ball out and let them go, low basketball IQ, p*mp*ng out his players, Demarcus Cousins being a "thug" and etc. If these were white player I can guarantee different terminology would be used.

Did you actually hit send on this garbage.
Its not even worth addressing o_O

Did you actually hit send on this garbage.
Its not even worth addressing o_O
Debate it if you'd like, though I doubt you'd like to buddy. I just don't understand how baseball players hit the summer circuit and have scouts/coaches all over them, but I never hear the connotations of "slimey summer ball culture" when there is probably worse things going on with those baseball daddies than any AAU basketball court. I have a friend that was a baseball prospect (went JUCO then D1) and he told me about the $100 handshakes he'd receive on visits all over the place. Johnny Football sells some autographs and he's just a kid trying to get by, no worries.

But why are basketball recruits looked at so differently. Why is so much emphasis placed on downgrading "AAU culture, wild out of control selfish basketball ruining the game" on basketball players but it seems Football and Baseball just does not get that same treatment. Is it because it involves young African-American males coming from low-income households who are trying to better themselves, and that "old-school" way of basketball is out the door? It seem to think so...

It's almost on par with the hatred and jealousy that all ky fans have for any successful coach that doesn't coach their team. Right?

Money isnt everything.
"The love of money is the root of all evil."

No one is jealous of an overpaid, underperforming, Coach Pitino clone, BKA
as a coach that burned two Universities and ran.
I will NEVER watch it. Not one second.

You uofk fans need to get over yourself.
You probably should watch it, that's the only way you will learn the real facts on the two vacated seasons. Had nothing to do with Cal, had everything to do with a dumb decision by a player (Camby) and an accusation with no investigation of another player (Rose). They cleared the kid to play, then accused him of falsifying his test, then didn't even investigate it, they just vacated the season. How is that fair at all?
Guess Memphis should have fought it til the bitter end like UNC is. So why is that on Cal? IMO, the NCAA botched that one.
Also, Cal and Pitino are nothing alike. I don't get how you think Cal is a Pitino clone.

The hatred and jealousy UL fans have for Coach Cal is just unbelievable.

I always wonder when Uk fans post things like this if they ever read their OWN messages boards? Because the Uk forums have about 20 times the hatred and nasty vitriol toward Pitino and UofL fans and players. They have NO right to try to lecture or chastise any other fanbase when it comes to pure, unbridled hatred toward others.

I always wonder when Uk fans post things like this if they ever read their OWN messages boards? Because the Uk forums have about 20 times the hatred and nasty vitriol toward Pitino and UofL fans and players. They have NO right to try to lecture or chastise any other fanbase when it comes to pure, unbridled hatred toward others.
Actually i just read the Ky message board and there is nothing on there about you guys. But there is sure a lot of threads about UK. Just thought that I would throw it out there.

Reactions: awf
Firewalker, I'm going to say "your dick's out" on that one little buddy. If there's nothing on the sCat board addressing UofL it would be the first time in a long damn time. But feel welcome to visit this board and tell us all how we misjudge you and your little friends...or just go away, please.

You probably should watch it, that's the only way you will learn the real facts on the two vacated seasons. Had nothing to do with Cal, had everything to do with a dumb decision by a player (Camby) and an accusation with no investigation of another player (Rose). They cleared the kid to play, then accused him of falsifying his test, then didn't even investigate it, they just vacated the season. How is that fair at all?
Guess Memphis should have fought it til the bitter end like UNC is. So why is that on Cal? IMO, the NCAA botched that one.
Also, Cal and Pitino are nothing alike. I don't get how you think Cal is a Pitino clone.

Didnt have to watch it. I vividly remember when both Final Fours were vacated.

Actually i just read the Ky message board and there is nothing on there about you guys. But there is sure a lot of threads about UK. Just thought that I would throw it out there.

Me thinks you must have glossed over the 476 page, 19,000+ reply UofL thread on the basketball board that gets "bumped to the top" on a daily basis, or the 12 page, 450+ reply UofL thread on the football board that also gets bumped daily. In other words, me thinks you are not being honest or factual.

Me thinks you must have glossed over the 476 page, 19,000+ reply UofL thread on the basketball board that gets "bumped to the top" on a daily basis, or the 12 page, 450+ reply UofL thread on the football board that also gets bumped daily. In other words, me thinks you are not being honest or factual.
You're right Steeler, I did just quickly scan over the first page and there was nothing there. I know everything that you say is true. But it is on both sides, not just one. Both fans are hypocrites and we all know that. BTW, I was not going to watch 30/30, figuring I had already heard everything everything about Cal that would be on there.
But I was surprised and learned a lot about him that I had never heard. I really enjoyed it. Both the good and the bad. They did not gloss anything over.

I was in agreement with you until I got to the part about Demarcus. The rest of your post was directed against the Cards back in the 60's,thru much of 90's by your fan base, so I understand why you don't like it. That was their attitude toward Peck and Denny regarding the number of black players on the team. Those of us of a certain age know and remember it all too well.

FWIW I saw the piece last night and thought it to be fair and well done. IMO much of our fan base's ill will toward Cal comes from his association with Memphis State. Yes, I know they played under a different name while he was there, but they will be Memphis State until my last breath. Too much crap from that bunch of sleazes over years.

Firewalker, I'm going to say "your dick's out" on that one little buddy. If there's nothing on the sCat board addressing UofL it would be the first time in a long damn time. But feel welcome to visit this board and tell us all how we misjudge you and your little friends...or just go away, please.

I'm sure some of them need the occasional break to cyber stalk, try to ruin the side business of , and send death threats to referees.

This was on last night, I thought that I was interested to see it. I watched about 10 minutes, realized I didn't care all that much, and watched Star Wars: Rogue One instead.

First, I won't be watching any fluff pieces about Cal in the next century. I should be dead by then but with advancements in science and medicine maybe I'll get around to it if head transplants become a "thing".

Second, is there anyone slurping harder on Cal than this Hoptowncat character? I mean someone needs to come up for air once and a while...sheesh! That dude could really use a brain transplant. Hopefully science and medicine catch up really fast for that dude. I've read some trash before but Hoptown piles up more of it than Waste Management. I gotta run. I need to take a shower to wash off that filth he posted above.

Reactions: KU2008

Inappropriate analogy. The undertones thrown at the Fab 5 WERE racially motivated - to their style.

Bigots were turned off by the style they wore their shorts, the music they listened too, and the way they embraced their identities openly in ways not seen before.

There is nothing racist AT ALL with the issues people have with Cal.

Fab 5 also ended up being associated with a banner or banners being taken down - there was nothing racist about that though. They simply cheated.

very simple. jealousy. been like this at least since 86'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT