ADVERTISEMENT

2 commits today

IMO Kentucky will go either 8-4 or 9-3 just because the schedule is the easiest we've had in a decade. The team really only digresses at one positional unit and thats DB but from what I've seen the DBs will be fine as well. 2020 is the season we are most excited for because thats when we should be vying for another shoot at the SEC championship game.
I haven't broken down the Louisville schedule but I think based off of Satt alone 6-6 is well in play this year!

That isnt wrong..House did wonders for that defense and it helped Stoops do a better job at managing the entire team rather than micromanaging the defense (aka why there were 10 men on the field, stupid personal fouls, etc.)

The new guy is a "whiz kid" but dealing with actual players and making game decisions in "real time" is a whole different beast...never know how it can go. I'm glad Dean Hood is still on that staff..I think he's probably the brains behind it all.
U of L fans sure don't have to be convinced how important that position (DC) is. Unless you've got Bama's or Clemson's kids, he makes all the difference in the world. You'll know about a new guy when the teams hit the field...

U of L fans sure don't have to be convinced how important that position (DC) is. Unless you've got Bama's or Clemson's kids, he makes all the difference in the world. You'll know about a new guy when the teams hit the field...
Josh Allen called into the radio show today to talk to the new DC since he basically credits him with the OLBs success and development. Josh has said numerous times Brad White and Dean Hood were the biggest reasons the defense succeeded last year so I just tend to trust that it will be okay.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
100% agree. Organization is key to any defense or team for that matter. Players being in the right spots and prepared all come from the top..and you can see that pretty quickly.

I think that's where Stoops' was the most embarrassing the first few years. The first DC Elliot didn't have a clue...Stoops tried to micromanage and then you get 10 guys on the field, stupid penalties...etc.

100% agree. Organization is key to any defense or team for that matter. Players being in the right spots and prepared all come from the top..and you can see that pretty quickly.

I think that's where Stoops' was the most embarrassing the first few years. The first DC Elliot didn't have a clue...Stoops tried to micromanage and then you get 10 guys on the field, stupid penalties...etc.
What a sad spectacle that was.

Satterfield is a better coach than Joker. The recruiting might be similar but Satterfield will know what to do with the players. Joker was clueless lol.

Yeah, this isn't meant as a troll or anything. Comparing Satterfield with one of the worst D1 coaches in recent memory who had no clue and who's 3 recruiting classes were ranked 50th, 61st, and 63rd. Get the Hell outta here with that.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
These are the best posts!

The whole "Stoops will never" on this board...
-Bring good recruits to Kentucky...nope he has
-Get UK to a winning season...3 straight bowls
-Never will beat UofL....2 out of 3
-He can't develop any draft picks...check did that
-Will never have a winning SEC record...check did that
-Will never win more than 7 games...why not make it 10!
-Will never finish the season ranked...how about a top 12 finish!
-Will never end the embarrassing Florida streak...

Of course the "lucky watered down schedule" and "Florida wasn't that good" talking points that are false will come up lol...but it seems everything you said he wouldn't do...he's done. You are correct, it's 1 good year and there's more to prove...but his track record says he will produce a consistently solid team.

Go tell that to the guys in Vegas who have set the benchmark as 6 wins. Sure, they miss the mark sometimes but I can tell you from experience that they are correct wayyyyyyyy more than not.

Yeah, this isn't meant as a troll or anything. Comparing Satterfield with one of the worst D1 coaches in recent memory who had no clue and who's 3 recruiting classes were ranked 50th, 61st, and 63rd. Get the Hell outta here with that.
The issue is average player grade which was less than 85 for Joker and its less than 85 right now for Satterfield, though Satterfield is just a bit higher than Joker. Those are just simple facts. Class rankings depend too much on the number of players signed. For instance, North Texas has the #33 class right now. Do you really think they have the 33rd best group of recruits? The real test is player grades.

But, as has been said, I'm certain Satterfield is a far superior coach than Joker.

Last edited:
Reactions: CivilCatPoster
The issue is average player grade which was less than 85 for Joker and its less than 85 right now for Satterfield, though Satterfield is just a bit higher than Joker. Those are just simple facts. Class rankings depend too much on the number of players signed. For instance, North Texas has the #33 class right now. Do you really think they have the 33rd best group of recruits? The real test is player grades.

But, as has been said, I'm certain Satterfield is a far superior coach than Joker.
Rankings right now really don’t matter either way. As I said Kentucky has 7-8 more 4 stars who will commit, as will Izayah Cummings and Jordan Watkins this week. They’ll be 2 of our lowest tatted recruits this year but Kentucky should finish around 10-20

Agreed on Joker. My son in law played there when he was the OC and players on both sides hated him. He didn't know what to do with 4 and 5 star players. He did the Billy Gillespie stupid crap with them, had to bring them down to his 2-3 star mentality.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
So, we have one brainless uk fan on here who wnts to dump on one of our commits "walking on" to MSU as a 2 star. Seriously? After your 2 star was a Top 7 draft pick? Like, dayum. For real, and this is what my son-in-law and I talk about, the highest concentration of 4-5 stars for you'se guys has been the OL. That's what's made you competitive in the SEC and killed us because petriner purposefully trashed us at that position. We all know our class ranking is coming down unless our last 6-7 commits are in the high 3 to 4 star range. Inevitable. What excites me about this class is the recruiting emphasis on both lines, something we haven't seen around here since Charlie Strong's days.

I think that we should all be desperately worried about the recruiting opinions of a fanbase with one good season in the last 10 and that we have beaten 5 of the last 7 times on the field.

Ky fans are experts in everything. We Louisville fans can take a lesson from their expertise. We know nothing. Thank God all these Ky fans are allowed to post here everyday how great they are. Our faces are black & blue from all the backhanded compliments they are allowed to post here.

Like I said in another post, they have always been the off-season champions even after bad years. Throw in the inevitable good year that programs like that enjoy once a decade and it goes to a whole new level.

UK offered...multiple schools offered....he's good enough to play Power 5 ball. Louisville was probably a better fit or figured he had a better chance to play....who really knows. He's a good talent....its now up to the staff to develop him into a D1 player.

UK offers a lot of kids who don't end up coming...not the end of the world. I'm sure the staff has other kids in mind and they'll end up with plenty of good players.

Both sides will end up doing well...I'm just glad we ended up with Weaver last year...he is the only real win I've wanted in recruiting for a while and luck kind of tilted him to the blue and white.
Quit fretting over us. You remind me of a little girl who makes friends with the neighborhood kids then runs back home to make fun of them.

Saw your post and put down about our recruiting at “Joker level.” Seems to me from all the pages about our program on your site, you’re concerned we won’t have Joker results.

Now run and tell that.

UK fans have always been obsessed with recruiting. What is funny is all their recent studs have been 3 stars or lower. The reality is many of the highly rated guys were average and never made it 4 years. The reality is measurables really move the star meter more than actual performance. Stars matter but only if they fit your style, culture and system.

Louisville doesn't have a bunch of coaches that were thrown together. This is a staff that has worked for Satterfield. They know what he wants in a player and how they fit into their system. Ledford knows what he is doing with the Oline. He. knows the kind of player he needs and if that player is a fit they will take them no matter what the rankings say. You can see the same thing with Brown. They want speed across the board. They don't care if that speed is packaged in a 5-10 or 6-4 body. Then from purely a football standpoint they are taking kids that are physical.

They have a plan. His record says this will work, but only time will tell.

Quit fretting over us. You remind me of a little girl who makes friends with the neighborhood kids then runs back home to make fun of them.

Saw your post and put down about our recruiting at “Joker level.” Seems to me from all the pages about our program on your site, you’re concerned we won’t have Joker results.

Now run and tell that.

He spends a lot of time over here “gathering” info and then runs back to the Cat board to be a big blew keyboard hero. So many Ky fans like that. Somehow, this site allows them to do that on a regular basis. Gets old.

Now run and tell that.
Awe personal attacks! Love it...keep up the energy! Glad you're reading on Catsillustrated...it's fun to read the opposition material ain't it!

And no, I don't post those things here because I have been told I will be banned for engaging in negative posting about UofL....so I'm not going to break the rules because I am a guest and know my place. Some things I just cannot post and will not post...and of course I'll respect you personally...because after all....it's just a sports rivalry lol

(pssst....if you don't like my posts hit the ignore button. You won't even have to see what I say! I do it all the time)

Awe personal attacks! Love it...keep up the energy! Glad you're reading on Catsillustrated...it's fun to read the opposition material ain't it!

And no, I don't post those things here because I have been told I will be banned for engaging in negative posting about UofL....so I'm not going to break the rules because I am a guest and know my place. Some things I just cannot post and will not post...and of course I'll respect you personally...because after all....it's just a sports rivalry lol

(pssst....if you don't like my posts hit the ignore button. You won't even have to see what I say! I do it all the time)
It's not as fun for them because they can see the amount of 4 stars that will be committing to Kentucky in a matter of months.

Geez I hope uk gets "their" guys. They've been getting the "best" in the state since I was a kid.

Doing that, since 1960, they've managed to have 17 winning seasons!! 17 out of 58 ain't bad for a BB school. (29%)

Too far back to "really" matter? Ok. Since 1980 they've had 11winning seasons (29%)

Admittedly, since 2000 they've had 8 winning seasons and raised that to 44%. Still losing more than winning.

But march on bbn. You'll turn the corner one day back to 7-5 FB. You have before, 2006-2010, but then you got broadsided and brought back to reality.

Your fans have been waiting for the light to change for 58 years. What's another 58?

We

you are truly a piece of work. Telling me what to do on this site. You disparage us with your U6 moniker and then come here like phony you are to have “civil” discourse.

Enjoy your gloating I see where despite all your 4 stars you’re predicted to not make a bowl this year. Great perception you’ve established on the national stage.

We

you are truly a piece of work. Telling me what to do on this site. You disparage us with your U6 moniker and then come here like phony you are to have “civil” discourse.

Enjoy your gloating I see where despite all your 4 stars you’re predicted to not make a bowl this year. Great perception you’ve established on the national stage.
Well, I think you're talking about Phil Steele's prediction. He isn't the best person to go by. He didn't predict Josh Allen as 1st team All SEC and he expected UK to have a losing record last year. Most predictions this year have us at 6-6 which we wouldn't be happy with but would give us a bowl. I expect at least 7-5. We'll be fine.

Reactions: CivilCatPoster
We

Never told you what to do, you're guaranteed the freedom of choice! I only give advice, you make the choice!

As I said, there are rules on this site and I will follow them accordingly. I won't get into certain phrases or words, because that does not follow the guidelines set for me over here. I just wanted to give you a kind hint on how you can ignore my posts so it doesn't cause you anymore anger.

And isn't that somethin', 6 wins after losing a major crop of talent is considered a "down year" for us now. Man...a down year used to be 2-3 wins and 6 was a dream. Your kind words have made me feel even better about the Kentucky program's progress since 2012!

We

Kentucky was predicted to go 4-8 last year lmao and the people who said Kentucky wouldnt make a bowl game had Missouri in a bowl while theyre on a bowl suspension

There are few fanbases who dwell on recruiting more than slapd!cks. And because of their proximity, it makes the same trait in our fans even more inexcusable for me. We've witnessed it firsthand...

There are few fanbases who dwell on recruiting more than slapd!cks. And because of their proximity, it makes the same trait in our fans even more inexcusable for me. We've witnessed it firsthand...
Idk maybe, possibly, perhaps...because recruiting directly reflects sustained success. In the SEC you cannot compete without top end talent.

Idk maybe, possibly, perhaps...because recruiting directly reflects sustained success.
The ability to bring in higher rated recruits against bigger programs is a sign that those recruits believe in your program...But..the training, development, and organization of the staff does more than recruiting. You do need players with the Power 5 mold and offer sheets...you can't build a roster competing with WKU type players...but it doesn't have to be all high 3 and 4 stars.

Stoops first full class was ranked 17th...but most of that class didn't even pan out. It showed optimism early on...but there was a slip once the results didn't immediately provide results.

Alabama and Clemson get the top guys no matter what because recruits believe in their process...and it gives them the leg up. Notre Dame, Tennessee, Miami, USC...they get top classes...but not consistently at the top like other schools...players don't believe in those staffs.

You’ve been exposed as a fraud. No one here takes you seriously.

Only on a Louisville site could you have 3 Ky fans high 5ing and liking each other’s posts. Is this site dying? Maybe it’s time to move to another UofL group that is not so accommodating to trash Ky fans.

This is pretty sad.
The internet is free lmao you can come over to Wildcat Lair or House of Blue

Only on a Louisville site could you have 3 Ky fans high 5ing and liking each other’s posts. Is this site dying? Maybe it’s time to move to another UofL group that is not so accommodating to trash Ky fans.

This is pretty sad.
Why all the hate? Even Steelers posts on Lair. It isn't an issue. Opposing views are a good thing, not bad. You take a position of hate with every UK poster.

Why all the hate? Even Steelers posts on Lair. It isn't an issue. Opposing views are a good thing, not bad. You take a position of hate with every UK poster.
I can't see who you're replying to... :)

But I will say...it's harder for a UofL or any rival fan to post on RR and WL. These Rivals forums have a lot of smack talk...and there's just so many posts and posters over there it's hard to stand out....there's so much for the mods to read and a topic can go downhill fast...and the general rule is to kick out the outsider regardless of what happens. Over here, there's not as much discussion and you can get someone out quickly and provide context to a post.

I can't see who you're replying to... :)

But I will say...it's harder for a UofL or any rival fan to post on RR and WL. These Rivals forums have a lot of smack talk...and there's just so many posts and posters over there it's hard to stand out....there's so much for the mods to read and a topic can go downhill fast...and the general rule is to kick out the outsider regardless of what happens. Over here, there's not as much discussion and you can get someone out quickly and provide context to a post.
I was responding to commodorecard.

A few points of clarification our visitors here:
A) I have 2 total posts on the UK boards in the last 2-1/2 years. It just got to be far too uncivil for me over there. Once I became a mod here, I became a target there...which I readily understood and accepted.
B) As most of our regulars here know, I stepped away from moderating a year or two ago here. I still read every now and then...and address the occasional issue when I see it. But I don’t really read or post too much anywhere anymore. Thus there is limited moderation on our boards at this time.
C) The UK boards have heavy moderator posting participation, and therefore awareness at all times of visitor activity. Also, the UK boards require mod approval prior to visitors being permitted to post there. There is no such restriction here; any visitor (or troll) can post here, until they wear out their welcome. There are VERY few UofL posters permitted to post on the UK boards, and even fewer who don’t get banned once they do post for any amount of time.

And one note. Moderators have the ability to identify an account...even after you change your account name. It is against Rivals rules to create an new account/username to circumvent a ban or blacklist. If you are caught posting here, after being banned or blacklisted, your new account/username will also be banned or blacklisted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT