ADVERTISEMENT

2 commits today

I think he's a good player and in years past he would have been a great addition to UK but Stoops is recruiting at a much higher level right now.
Yeah, he’s so awesome that other programs are beating his doors down with offers? Not. You guys better lock him up with a “lifetime Coach Cow Man Tits” type offer! I can dream can’t I?

This is finally fun again. Satterfield has done nothing but exceed expectations thus far.

And LMAO at the Cayut fans that think they have turned a corner. We are like 3 spots behind them after our worst season ever and their fluky best season ever. All will be right in the world again VERY soon.

MUCH higher level? When you offered BOTH of these kids? And you offered Henry Bryant as well? Minkins and Bryant are Top 40 at their positions nationally. You only got the 4 stars from Kentucky last year because you had NO recruiting competition because your fav coach of all time Petrino (yes you guys wanted him at one time) mailed it in two years ago and trashed the program Get off the drugs dude, they make you look stupid.

Bullshite! And I suppose he sucked at the Opening Regional event in Nashville as well? Oh, that's right, he was MVP. uk was never a serious consideration since he was offered. Get some new b.s. lines. your current ones suck. Don't forget we've beaten your sorry butts 5 of the last 7 years, yes, you beat our worst team ever right after we punked your butt in rexington. Since 2005, have you guys won an Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl (with an epic beatdown of Florida)?
Uh, that's a no! Citrus Bowl, yep, we won one of those two. Later

Minkins desperately wanted to perform well at the UK camp and did not.
Ha ha. Bless your heart little fella.

If he didn’t perform well it’s because he didn’t want to be there knowing where his heart was all along. But he’s a stand up kid and decided to honor a commitment.

He loves Commonwealth stadium though after being told UK hasn’t beat the Cards there since 2009, when he was 8 years old.:)

This is finally fun again. Satterfield has done nothing but exceed expectations thus far.

And LMAO at the Cayut fans that think they have turned a corner. We are like 3 spots behind them after our worst season ever and their fluky best season ever. All will be right in the world again VERY soon.

U of L 15. Commits

UK 8 commits.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I always get a kick out of both sides saying we didn't offer or didn't want a player. Kentucky has recruiting momentum in Louisville that is hard to deny. Looks like they will get Cumming and Watkins. None of this is really surprising. It is all about timing. What we don't know is how those kids will perform at this level.

There isn't a significant talent gap between the UK and Louisville. Is Watkins really better than Minkins? Is Young better than Collins? Nobody on these boards knows that answer. The bottom line is the Louisville staff really liked Collings and Minkins. I don't care if UK didn't want Minkins or Collins because it doesn't matter.

You can win a lot of games brining in kids that are 3 stars that fit your schemes. The Louisville staff knows what they are doing and they a getting players that fit their system.

Reactions: Mayoman
UK offered...multiple schools offered....he's good enough to play Power 5 ball. Louisville was probably a better fit or figured he had a better chance to play....who really knows. He's a good talent....its now up to the staff to develop him into a D1 player.

UK offers a lot of kids who don't end up coming...not the end of the world. I'm sure the staff has other kids in mind and they'll end up with plenty of good players.

Both sides will end up doing well...I'm just glad we ended up with Weaver last year...he is the only real win I've wanted in recruiting for a while and luck kind of tilted him to the blue and white.

UK offered...multiple schools offered....he's good enough to play Power 5 ball. Louisville was probably a better fit or figured he had a better chance to play....who really knows. He's a good talent....its now up to the staff to develop him into a D1 player.

UK offers a lot of kids who don't end up coming...not the end of the world. I'm sure the staff has other kids in mind and they'll end up with plenty of good players.

Both sides will end up doing well...I'm just glad we ended up with Weaver last year...he is the only real win I've wanted in recruiting for a while and luck kind of tilted him to the blue and white.

I love coming here to get Ky recruiting news & analysis. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BPGhost
I love coming here to get Ky recruiting news & analysis. :rolleyes:
I checked to see if you were still replying to me...I was informing you again that I hit the ignore button for your profile. You can continue to taunt me over the keyboard to overcompensate for whatever reason you have...but I'm no longer even getting notifications nor will I see your responses.

I say that because I urge you to do the same...if you don't like my responses then you can hit ignore on my profile and you won't gave to see anything I post about Kentucky. Thought I'd tell you in case you did not know.

Conversing with you has been fun, but I am no longer being shown your post and going to return discussing things with the ones who care like @zipp because he can talk trash and isn't afraid of a little old "LPT" poster and always brings a fun and clean discussion.

There are multiple Vegas props that have set UK's over/under win total at 6. This means the best sports handicappers in the country give you a roughly 50% chance of missing a bowl game. You are at a different level and ready to compete with the big boys now though.

Yep, the same guys that said the same thing last year.

When LPT's new D coordinator proves he can coach like the last one did, I may start getting concerned about them...

When LPT's new D coordinator proves he can coach like the last one did, I may start getting concerned about them...
That isnt wrong..House did wonders for that defense and it helped Stoops do a better job at managing the entire team rather than micromanaging the defense (aka why there were 10 men on the field, stupid personal fouls, etc.)

The new guy is a "whiz kid" but dealing with actual players and making game decisions in "real time" is a whole different beast...never know how it can go. I'm glad Dean Hood is still on that staff..I think he's probably the brains behind it all.

I checked to see if you were still replying to me...I was informing you again that I hit the ignore button for your profile. You can continue to taunt me over the keyboard to overcompensate for whatever reason you have...but I'm no longer even getting notifications nor will I see your responses.

I say that because I urge you to do the same...if you don't like my responses then you can hit ignore on my profile and you won't gave to see anything I post about Kentucky. Thought I'd tell you in case you did not know.

Conversing with you has been fun, but I am no longer being shown your post and going to return discussing things with the ones who care like @zipp because he can talk trash and isn't afraid of a little old "LPT" poster and always brings a fun and clean discussion.

Fun? Clean? Thanks!

There are multiple Vegas props that have set UK's over/under win total at 6. This means the best sports handicappers in the country give you a roughly 50% chance of missing a bowl game. You are at a different level and ready to compete with the big boys now though.
Hello everyone! New poster here just wanted to spread some light. I love Minkins I wish Kentucky's staff would have pursued him harder. I think Louisville will be much improved this year as well! Regardless of how anyone feels about your guys' recruiting class I believe that Satterfield can and will succeed with any level of talent and I believe the guys Louisville currently have on board are going to be great for what Satterfield is building. With that said Kentucky is also recruiting at an unforseen level. The class will end up with anywhere between 10-20th with 8-13 four star commitments. With that said, Stoops has normally succeeded with the guys ranked lower but who knows. This years game will be a lot of fun and I believe Kentucky will be much improved as will Louisville! I believe this rivalry means so much that it sucks when one team is good and the other isn't, Satterfield and Stoops are doing amazing things! Looking forward to the future of this rivalry and the battles to come! God bless brothers.

Reactions: tenwest
An d as your numbers go up the quality will come down as well. You are about out of your 4 star commitments and we don't have a one yet. All yo have left is Tisdale and his rating is in free fall the past monty. Dude was a 95 now he's barely 91 and falling. Like you though, I'd take him but he's not coming here so be Why the hell are you guys over here anyway? To dump on our recruiting news? You guys have a very bad little man complex to do so. Excpet Hoptown who's a good dude.

An d as your numbers go up the quality will come down as well. You are about out of your 4 star commitments and we don't have a one yet. All yo have left is Tisdale and his rating is in free fall the past monty. Dude was a 95 now he's barely 91 and falling. Like you though, I'd take him but he's not coming here so be Why the hell are you guys over here anyway? To dump on our recruiting news? You guys have a very bad little man complex to do so. Excpet Hoptown who's a good dude.
I never dumped on anyone haha? But we have more left than Tisdale, we are in the process of flipping Samuel Anaele as well as De'Rickey Wright from Alabama and Miami. As well as Michael Drennen, Enzo Jennings, Chris Mayo, Jaheim Thomas, Kalil Branham (Michigan decommit), Makari Paige, Marco Domio, Jayson Jones, Devyn Curtis and Treyvonn Rybka. The majority of these guys have even had picks by the Louisville staff put in for them for Kentucky. I'm not dumping on anyone I think the way both programs are heading is outstanding!

It is truly amazing the BS that is allowed to be posted here by a individual that trash the Louisville coaches and Louisville program on another site.

Dying on the vine.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
It is truly amazing the BS that is allowed to be posted here by a individual that trash the Louisville coaches and Louisville program on another site.

Dying on the vine.
People will be rude on both sides brother. You have to look past it! The rivalry is good for the state. I think some people just struggle to keep the negativity out of it. But I think the real fans on both sides are great people.

People will be rude on both sides brother. You have to look past it! The rivalry is good for the state. I think some people just struggle to keep the negativity out of it. But I think the real fans on both sides are great people.
The rivalry is fun, as long as you don't take it personal.

@PRPclass76 I do talk trash about UofL on the other site in good fun so I'm not perfectly civil lol, but over here I try and follow the rules as a guest and know what is tolerated. I always find it's better to have discussion with those you disagree with, rather than preach to a choir.

I grew up in Louisville and went to grad school at UofL...and I dare say I probably know quite a bit more than the average UofL fan about their own program. And it's because I'm a college sports junkie and love discussing things...not coming over here to flame. FOr example, @BPGhost is my favorite poster to go back and forth with over here...although he thinks I'm LPT scum.

Reactions: CivilCatPoster
As soon as UK goes 6-6 (possible) or 7-5 (most likely) all their fans will be checked out and on to basketball like usual. They always thought they were the next coming of Alabama in the off-season even after the 5 win seasons, so I knew their fluky best season ever was going to make for a rough summer.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
As soon as UK goes 6-6 (possible) or 7-5 (most likely) all their fans will be checked out and on to basketball like usual. They always thought they were the next coming of Alabama in the off-season even after the 5 win seasons, so I knew their fluky best season ever was going to make for a rough summer.
Not a single UK fan ever thought we were the next coming of Alabama. We do believe we have a good chance to consistently finish in the upper half of our division. That will be tough to do but its a goal.

I wasn't meaning to dump on anyone. Rankings don't always matter. There is a thread on Lair about the similarities between Joker Phillips recruiting and Satterfields. Its an interesting comparison. I do think Satterfield will be successful but it may take a few years.

Reactions: CivilCatPoster
IMO Kentucky will go either 8-4 or 9-3 just because the schedule is the easiest we've had in a decade. The team really only digresses at one positional unit and thats DB but from what I've seen the DBs will be fine as well. 2020 is the season we are most excited for because thats when we should be vying for another shoot at the SEC championship game.

These are the best posts!

The whole "Stoops will never" on this board...
-Bring good recruits to Kentucky...nope he has
-Get UK to a winning season...3 straight bowls
-Never will beat UofL....2 out of 3
-He can't develop any draft picks...check did that
-Will never have a winning SEC record...check did that
-Will never win more than 7 games...why not make it 10!
-Will never finish the season ranked...how about a top 12 finish!
-Will never end the embarrassing Florida streak...

Of course the "lucky watered down schedule" and "Florida wasn't that good" talking points that are false will come up lol...but it seems everything you said he wouldn't do...he's done. You are correct, it's 1 good year and there's more to prove...but his track record says he will produce a consistently solid team.

I wasn't meaning to dump on anyone. Rankings don't always matter. There is a thread on Lair about the similarities between Joker Phillips recruiting and Satterfields. Its an interesting comparison. I do think Satterfield will be successful but it may take a few years.
Satterfield is a better coach than Joker. The recruiting might be similar but Satterfield will know what to do with the players. Joker was clueless lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT