ADVERTISEMENT

10/30/22 Exhibition Game #1- Louisville vs. Lenoir Rhyne- 2PM

New season, same sad shooting. Cards are definitely athletic and tall but they have missed open shot after open shot.

Withers and James has hit two treys but that's about it so far. I think there's real potential here but the shooting has to be better.

Reactions: shadow force
Looks like Withers may be the Cards leading scorer this season. Mike James is a player and Lands looks confident but he's missed all his shots.

If this bunch ends up having a above average hoops IQ, I think they're definitely a NCAA tournament team. The physical talent is there.

Ellis is trying too hard, like he has something to prove.

Traynor is the same with a different hair style. Missed layup, air ball and being pushed around.

Just no real attempt to post up Curry.

Lands can shake and bake and create a open shot but he's missed every one.

Mike James and Withers appear to be the best scorers.

As for KP it doesn't look like he's worried too much about winning this game. He knows there's going to be a lot of losing before there's progress.

Bellarmine will embarrass the Cards if there's no massive improvement.

Maybe this will humble these young men? You can think you look smooth on the court, but you're going to look like a fool losing by double digits in a exhibition game.

It will be ugly for a long time. The majority of this team was soft last year and appears that hasn’t changed.

When it comes to positives….I really don‘t see any boxes checked. As for basketball IQ, well, let’s just say these guys aren’t Mensa candidates. Not sure what KP can point to as progress but it’s hard to believe the team could have looked any worse had they never met one another.

He has been trying to build their confidence this won’t help a already fragile group. Long way to go and he definitely has their attention now.

The Cardinals hit just 29.2 percent from the field and were stunned on Sunday afternoon at the KFC Yum Center 57-47 to Division II foe Lenoir-Rhyne in an exhibition game.

I won't be watching much this year...what a joke...kp a joke as well. Come on lenoir ryne...who even is that. We will get beat by 20 on a regular basis.

You have to walk before you can run and that's what ul players have to learn. KP will right the ship with talent level

Reactions: Deeva
IDK….maybe we hired the wrong ex-CARD. Yes, this is a knee jerk reaction but I doubt anyone could be enthusiastic about losing an exhibition game to a no-name opponent.

This team we lost to was 10-18 last year. Just an insanely bad start. The standing around on offense and lack of communication on defense were tough to see.

Well, at least we shouldnt't have trouble convincing recruits that there will be the opportunity for plenty of playing time next year.

Awkward Embarrasing GIF by Bluebird Theatre Company

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT