ADVERTISEMENT

1/8/22 LOUISVILLE AT FLORIDA STATE GAME THREAD- 8:00 PM ESPNU

This is kinda what bothers me Hop. When someone is having a night,like say Ellis was the other night,the other guys have to know it and get him every shot they can.
Now,on the other hand,when it's not your night shooting it,know that too. Instead of continuing to chuck up misses,shot fake and put it on the floor. It's a more advanced learning of the game that some guys have to figure out to become better basketball players.

After having time to think about it, as annoying as the offense has been, the biggest issue last night was probably giving up 50 in the 1st half and falling behind by 10 points.

As for the O yeah it's just not even an average offense. Leading scorer is checking in at 10 ppg. It is highly possible the wrong guys have been starting way too long, hard to say. We knew it was a bad sign when the team was leaning so heavily on Malik the first 10 games. Literally nobody stepped up to take on the scoring burden.

I think most fans have seen enough of West at high volume starting minutes, not to get after him, he's just so limited whereas Ellis and/or Faulkner are clearly superior offensive players, I mean it's just not close at all there.

After having time to think about it, as annoying as the offense has been, the biggest issue last night was probably giving up 50 in the 1st half and falling behind by 10 points.

As for the O yeah it's just not even an average offense. Leading scorer is checking in at 10 ppg. It is highly possible the wrong guys have been starting way too long, hard to say. We knew it was a bad sign when the team was leaning so heavily on Malik the first 10 games. Literally nobody stepped up to take on the scoring burden.

I think most fans have seen enough of West at high volume starting minutes, not to get after him, he's just so limited whereas Ellis and/or Faulkner are clearly superior offensive players, I mean it's just not close at all there.
I like West but he is too limited offensively to be the starter and play so many minutes. His defense is very good and he is steady and sets up the team pretty well but doesn't have the footspeed to make up for his lack of shooting and offense in general. Locke is also a liability on both ends if his shot isn't falling.

So switching Ellis and Faulkner to starting roles makes sense to me. All 4 guards have weaknesses and limitations but I think Ellis and Faulkner just have way too much upside to stay in their current roles. Would love to see what would happen switch those guys around to start the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT