ADVERTISEMENT

Will Smith vs Reid Detmers

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Will went yard against his fellow Cards star pitcher tonight. Louisville baseball players are so prevalent in the big leagues, announcers often comment about them being from Louisville.

Detmers no hitter is a hint of what could be but Reid is still not where he needs to be. He's hardly played minor league baseball and probably should still be there. But he's learning on the job.

There are currently 6 to 7 former Cards at triple A and Henry Davis was on pace to possibly be called up this year before he got injured.

Reactions: rh62531
Will went yard against his fellow Cards star pitcher tonight. Louisville baseball players are so prevalent in the big leagues, announcers often comment about them being from Louisville.

Detmers no hitter is a hint of what could be but Reid is still not where he needs to be. He's hardly played minor league baseball and probably should still be there. But he's learning on the job.

There are currently 6 to 7 former Cards at triple A and Henry Davis was on pace to possibly be called up this year before he got injured.
As many young pitches do, Reid doesn’t have confidence in a strikeout pitch yet. His curveball as I have heard it described is the big 12 to 6 bender that college players had difficulty with. However, major leaguers have more time to see the spin and recognize the pitch. He has to throw a lot of pitches as a result. I have faith he will figure it out.

As many young pitches do, Reid doesn’t have confidence in a strikeout pitch yet. His curveball as I have heard it described is the big 12 to 6 bender that college players had difficulty with. However, major leaguers have more time to see the spin and recognize the pitch. He has to throw a lot of pitches as a result. I have faith he will figure it out.
I’m sure he’ll figure it out. Young pitchers almost always seem to take a bit to get settled in. He’s shown a lot of really good flashes

He was overdue to go back down. He probably shouldn't have been up so soon anyway. The no hitter is hard to figure but it does show he has the arm for the job. He just needs more seasoning at the minor league level. Now if he dominates triple A he has to come back up. Nowhere else to go.

I really wish he wouldn't have been drafted by the Angels. Ironically, the Rays would have been perfect and that's who he threw the no no against.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT