ADVERTISEMENT

Davis vs Detmers tonight

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Henry Davis and the Pittsburgh Pirates take on Reid Detmers and the Los Angeles Angels tonight.

Davis hit a home run in yesterday's game against Ohtani. Detmers is having the sophomore slump at 2 and 6 with a 4+ ERA. He is striking out a lot of hitters and looks good even in his losses. He's a much better pitcher than his numbers.

Former Louisville players are so prevalent now in MLB, announcers often mention Louisville when talking about them.

Btw,not sure there's even a peep from local media about something that's never been done before against Ohtani,but I've already seen Cruz's leadoff homer yesterday half a dozen times. Smdh

Well, the Reds are Louisville's local team and the Pirates not so much. Former UofL stars are not going to be covered around here. There's not even anything here on Rivals about all the Cards in the MLB.

I see more praise and discussion about former Cards players on the MLB network.

Yeah I get that but we here UofL names being thrown around in NBA and NFL discussion on the news when they do something newsworthy. Not so much with our baseball program. Smh,I guess it's just where they sit in the pecking order. Still,report things that are extraordinary no matter what the sport is-men's or women's.

Jeff Fletcher
@JeffFletcherOCR
Reid Detmers has not allowed a hit through 7 innings, but he's at 104 pitches. It seems pretty impossible for him to get the no-no on his own. The Angels have Estévez, Moore, López all fresh to try to finish it. It's also only 1-0

Reactions: earsky
Detmers is a enigma so far in his MLB career. Threw a no hitter his rookie season and has a great strike out rate, but his career ERA is over 5.

I think he would be a great closer, ala Billy Wagner. I'm sure however he wants to be a starter. Maybe he needs to play somewhere else? LA is a long way from home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT