ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Detmers vs the Champs

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The former UofL star will face off Tomorrow, July 24, against the defending World Series champs, the Atlanta Braves.

This is really exciting for me being a huge Braves fan. I hope Detmers strikes out 12 in 9 innings but loses 1 to 0.

Not very likely as the Braves are red hot and devour left handed pitching. But if Reid pitches another no hitter, I won't mind. I think he's going to be top level pitcher very soon. Never thought it would be him before Brandon McKay who just can't stay healthy.

Well, Reid got 5 runs to play with after 1 inning. Baseball is such a weird sport. Here is a game that's a total mismatch. Braves have won more games since June 1st than any team and the Angels the least. Braves beat them rather easily the first two games this weekend.

But today the Angels score 5 runs in the top of the first inning. They batted around and Ohtani, their best hitter, made two of the three outs.

Braves could come back and win but if they don't, it won't mean that much except that in baseball, during the regular season, there's really no such thing as a upset.

Detmers threw 5 scoreless innings today. He looks to be heading towards quite the Rookie season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT