ADVERTISEMENT

U of L target Fultz checking out Pitino book

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
SUWANEE, Ga. - One of the top targets in the Class of 2016 for the University of Louisville basketball program, Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha Catholic guard Markelle Fultz said he has built a great relationship with Rick Pitino. He said he respects Pitino so much that he will soon start reading his book "The One Day Contract."

University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino has a lot of conversations with players the Cardinals are targeting in the recruiting process, trying to build relationships with those prospects.

And they talk about a number of different things.

One of the top targets in the Class of 2016 - Markelle Fultz - said a recent conversation with Pitino has him going out to purchase the most recent book the Hall of Fame coach published - "The One Day Contract."

"Im going to read it for sure," Fultz said. "I have a good relationship with coach Pitino. He's such a good guy. I was talking with him and he was telling me about it. He didn't say go read it, but I think it would be good for me.

"He told me if you live you life on a one-day contract, that's how you get the best out of life. I really think that's something I need to read and I think it's something that can help me in life."

The 6-foot-5 Fultz, who is a guard from Hyatsville, Md., DeMatha Catholic, has been a top target of the Cardinals since the spring. He has recently picked up offers from Kentucky and North Carolina.

But Fultz said Louisville is "up there" and "doing a great job," in the recruiting process.

"Coach Pitino said he likes players like me that are very humble," Fultz said. "He said he likes how I play with a chip on my shoulder and said to keep playing well and they are always watching."

Fultz is ranked as the No. 22 prospect in the Class of 2016 by Scout.com and checks in as the No. 4 shooting guard in the country.
"I want to narrow it down to 10 soon and then put out my visits I will take," Fultz said. "And then I can just take it from there. I have to sit down with my mom first and just talk about it."

Fultz has already made unofficial visits to Louisville, Kentucky, Xavier, Virginia, Virginia Tech and several others. He's expected to make an official visit to Arizona sometime in August.

"They are all doing a great job," Fultz said. "They are doing such a great job they have me thinking about a different school each day. There's a lot of places that have me thinking."

Jody Demling

SUWANEE, Ga. - One of the top targets in the Class of 2016 for the University of Louisville basketball program, Hyattsville, Md., DeMatha Catholic guard Markelle Fultz said he has built a great relationship with Rick Pitino. He said he respects Pitino so much that he will soon start reading his book "The One Day Contract."

University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino has a lot of conversations with players the Cardinals are targeting in the recruiting process, trying to build relationships with those prospects.

And they talk about a number of different things.

One of the top targets in the Class of 2016 - Markelle Fultz - said a recent conversation with Pitino has him going out to purchase the most recent book the Hall of Fame coach published - "The One Day Contract."

"Im going to read it for sure," Fultz said. "I have a good relationship with coach Pitino. He's such a good guy. I was talking with him and he was telling me about it. He didn't say go read it, but I think it would be good for me.

"He told me if you live you life on a one-day contract, that's how you get the best out of life. I really think that's something I need to read and I think it's something that can help me in life."

The 6-foot-5 Fultz, who is a guard from Hyatsville, Md., DeMatha Catholic, has been a top target of the Cardinals since the spring. He has recently picked up offers from Kentucky and North Carolina.

But Fultz said Louisville is "up there" and "doing a great job," in the recruiting process.

"Coach Pitino said he likes players like me that are very humble," Fultz said. "He said he likes how I play with a chip on my shoulder and said to keep playing well and they are always watching."

Fultz is ranked as the No. 22 prospect in the Class of 2016 by Scout.com and checks in as the No. 4 shooting guard in the country.
"I want to narrow it down to 10 soon and then put out my visits I will take," Fultz said. "And then I can just take it from there. I have to sit down with my mom first and just talk about it."

Fultz has already made unofficial visits to Louisville, Kentucky, Xavier, Virginia, Virginia Tech and several others. He's expected to make an official visit to Arizona sometime in August.

"They are all doing a great job," Fultz said. "They are doing such a great job they have me thinking about a different school each day. There's a lot of places that have me thinking."

Jody Demling

He will end up at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT