ADVERTISEMENT

Same old story

Freaking stop down playing this crap Rick cannot out coach Calipari. And Cal is not a good game coach without elite players. And this Uk team is not anywhere near his other ones. When Dominique Hawkins gets off their is something wrong. plain and simplle this is not a rivarly anymore whatsoever, When you can't freaking win a game!

He is slow can't jump, and plays half ass defense.

I was frustrated at the point I posted that. I like Q, but he is just not playing very well lately. I DO think Mitchell needs to be getting more minutes right now; he is playing harder and more physically.

Freaking stop down playing this crap Rick cannot out coach Calipari. And Cal is not a good game coach without elite players. And this Uk team is not anywhere near his other ones. When Dominique Hawkins gets off their is something wrong. plain and simplle this is not a rivarly anymore whatsoever, When you can't freaking win a game!
You just can't handle losing to LPT. You don't beat Duke or Carolina any more frequently, but do you whine about those teams? No, because you're not their little brother.

Only a faction of our fanbase agrees with you, and no one else does.

"Elite program", my a$$...

I agree this game is way overblown. It was an evenly matched game that didn't go Louisville's way. It really doesn't matter. Have to more on to the next one.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Some of you Card fans are pathetic. Am I disappointed we lost? Sure. We are a good team this year; in my opinion top 5 good. Way better than anyone thought we would be. We have been elite the last 5+ years. Maybe some of you lack a quality life in areas outside of watching sports and your existence requires us to beat UK. I wouldn't trade our recent success with any program.

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
Some of you Card fans are pathetic. Am I disappointed we lost? Sure. We are a good team this year; in my opinion top 5 good. Way better than anyone thought we would be. We have been elite the last 5+ years. Maybe some of you lack a quality life in areas outside of watching sports and your existence requires us to beat UK. I wouldn't trade our recent success with any program.
Pathetic because?

I think he means pathetic because you measure yourself too closely by what you do against LPT. And I would more agree than disagree with that.

"Elite program" my a$$...

Reactions: barbourfor3
I think he means pathetic because you measure yourself too closely by what you do against LPT. And I would more agree than disagree with that.

"Elite program" my a$$...
No what is pathetic is a coach that can't seem to ever coach his kids up against our one and only rival that he is currently 1-8 and counting against.

It's silly to call out fans for being tired of the outcome of this game. Just because a group of message board posters don't think much of the way this series has been that don't mean you speak for the majority who don't frequent message boards that are sick and tired of this losing to uk crap every year.

Nothing pathetic about that at all, nor is it measuring anything and everything up to them at all.

No what is pathetic is a coach that can't seem to ever coach his kids up against our one and only rival that he is currently 1-8 and counting against...
That's clearly the way YOU feel, but you don't speak for the majority. We have larger goals each season than winning this one game. And the results of this game are esp. irrelevant when considering the difference in talent.
...It's silly to call out fans for being tired of the outcome of this game. Just because a group of message board posters don't think much of the way this series has been that don't mean you speak for the majority who don't frequent message boards that are sick and tired of this losing to uk crap every year.

Nothing pathetic about that at all, nor is it measuring anything and everything up to them at all.
If it's not pathetic, its at least fulfilling the role of little brother. If you weren't their little brother, this game wouldn't matter nearly as much to you. And that's something for YOU to deal with, not the rest of us.

That's clearly the way YOU feel, but you don't speak for the majority. We have larger goals each season than winning this one game. And the results of this game are esp. irrelevant when considering the difference in talent.

If it's not pathetic, its at least fulfilling the role of little brother. If you weren't their little brother, this game wouldn't matter nearly as much to you. And that's something for YOU to deal with, not the rest of us.

We need to beat UK atlest 3 out of 10 games....low expectations I know....but would take it. End the series.

I can handle the losses. Gimme an hour and I'm quickly over it but I sure do enjoy beating UK like we do every year in football and baseball.

If the losses don't sting a little then it wouldn't be a rivalry. These games matter to the fans. Not as much as NCAA Tournament games obviously but they do and should matter. I bet you can't find one Cards fan that would not say that the win over UK last month in football was their most satisfying win of the regular season. If they said NC State they are lying.

I'm very optimistic about this team going forward, the ACC gauntlet awaits though.

We need to beat UK atlest 3 out of 10 games....low expectations I know....but would take it. End the series.
End the series? This is why some of you fans are pathetic. Why, because YOU can't handle losing to UK? I'm glad our team has more fight than you. Blaming Pitino is a weak play. Who would you replace him with? He's still a top 5 coach...period... end of discussion.

End the series? This is why some of you fans are pathetic. Why, because YOU can't handle losing to UK? I'm glad our team has more fight than you. Blaming Pitino is a weak play. Who would you replace him with? He's still a top 5 coach...period... end of discussion.
I agree..don't end the series

Since the game doesn't matter that much, I'd be open to dropping LPT. Not because we can't beat them, but because we have more to lose than they do. Every time we play them, it's another Super Bowl. We mean a lot more on their schedule than they mean on ours.

We used to need them on all of our schedules (all sports). Those days are over. For sure, I think we spell out our terms to continue the series, starting with when this game is played on the schedule.

Too much LPT blue in Bailout Arena every other year. Won't be at all unhappy to see that end as well. They can show up for the NCAA tourney every few years, and I can sell them my tix at a big markup.

Reactions: blubo
Since the game doesn't matter that much, I'd be open to dropping LPT. Not because we can't beat them, but because we have more to lose than they do. Every time we play them, it's another Super Bowl. We mean a lot more on their schedule than they mean on ours.

We used to need them on all of our schedules (all sports). Those days are over. For sure, I think we spell out our terms to continue the series, starting with when this game is played on the schedule.

Too much LPT blue in Bailout Arena every other year. Won't be at all unhappy to see that end as well. They can show up for the NCAA tourney every few years, and I can sell them my tix at a big markup.

You have a losers mentality zipp

You have a losers mentality zipp
No, you're just looking at basketball. Actually, it hurts us across all sports since our teams overall are better than theirs. It would be one less win in football, as an example, that we could count on each year. But think about a good OOC team that we could get to replace them, like another one from the SEC. Maybe UT each year in Nashville with a 50-50 gate split on rivalry weekend.

Won't happen because the conferences and networks won't let it.

No, you're just looking at basketball. Actually, it hurts us across all sports since our teams overall are better than theirs. It would be one less win in football, as an example, that we could count on each year. But think about a good OOC team that we could get to replace them, like another one from the SEC. Maybe UT each year in Nashville with a 50-50 gate split on rivalry weekend.

Won't happen because the conferences and networks won't let it.

This is something a UK football fan would say

Zero chance you believe that beating louisville means more to UK than UL rofl. If anything UK is much more of a super bowl to UL than UL is to UK. Don't act like you all are the big brother team in the state. That is the same as saying that the UL Football teams super bowl is UK in football ... not very smart.

LPT
Zero chance you believe that beating louisville means more to UK than UL rofl. If anything UK is much more of a super bowl to UL than UL is to UK. Don't act like you all are the big brother team in the state. That is the same as saying that the UL Football teams super bowl is UK in football ... not very smart.

A lot of National basketball writers including Gary Parrish of CBS Sports say that the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry is the best in college basketball and I agree.

It's time to start embracing it and win a game.

Everything's relative. At the moment, we look like the 3rd best team on your schedule, and we haven't beaten anyone. Last year's U of L team wasn't a fan favorite, yet we were the 2nd best team on your 40-0 schedule. You don't play anyone worth a damn now for more than two months.

Except to a handful of our little brother fans, the most important teams on the U of L schedule all have "ACC" behind their names. And that's a lot of teams. I've lost track of who and when.

You tell me which one is the Super Bowl scenario?

A lot of National basketball writers including Gary Parrish of CBS Sports say that the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry is the best in college basketball and I agree.

It's time to start embracing it and win a game.
Remind me again why I care what talking heads have to say. They're not really a team; they're kind of a recruiting mutation. Sure as hell not elite when you look at their fanbase and who they play.

Everything's relative. At the moment, we look like the 3rd best team on your schedule, and we haven't beaten anyone. Last year's U of L team wasn't a fan favorite, yet we were the 2nd best team on your 40-0 schedule. You don't play anyone worth a damn now for more than two months.

Except to a handful of our little brother fans, the most important teams on the U of L schedule all have "ACC" behind their names. And that's a lot of teams. I've lost track of who and when.

Not real sure how you come to the conclusion that the UL game is our superbowl in basketball ... football to me yes, the Louisville game is the most important, because we have not won in a very long time and have been dominated. The basketball game is a game I look forward to but it's certainly not the most important for me or most fans. I care about winning the last game we play this year, not a game on December 26th.

Remind me again why I care what talking heads have to say. They're not really a team; they're kind of a recruiting mutation. Sure as hell not elite when you look at their fanbase and who they play.

Because when you use the tired old Joe B Hall excuse of "we don't have anything to gain by playing them and have everything to lose" you sound just like UK football fans or worse, the UK basketball coaches and fans from the 70s and early 80s.

The point was that this rivalry is nationally recognized as "elite". Who in the world wants to substitute this game for Tennessee? Not me. Time to win not run.

You are really silly i could less who agrees .

What does LPT mean. You use it in every post?

I can handle the losses. Gimme an hour and I'm quickly over it but I sure do enjoy beating UK like we do every year in football and baseball.

If the losses don't sting a little then it wouldn't be a rivalry. These games matter to the fans. Not as much as NCAA Tournament games obviously but they do and should matter. I bet you can't find one Cards fan that would not say that the win over UK last month in football was their most satisfying win of the regular season. If they said NC State they are lying.

I'm very optimistic about this team going forward, the ACC gauntlet awaits though.
It took me about 10 seconds to get over it. The best for this team is yet to come, while that was the best for UofK. They shot lights out today and it wasn't because they had wide open shots. Most were contested shots that simply went in. I can live with that. That's basketball. Look at it this way, that was easily the worse game the Cards have played to date and we lost by 2 freaking points in a hostile environment. I see great things for this team. I am very optimistic. Q has to play better. Spalding needs to play up to his potential. Mathiang needs to get healthy. Johnson needs to play tougher. Nanu needs to stop fouling. Anas needs to be stronger. Adel needs to learn how to play defense. Stockman needs more minutes. Last but certainly not least, Mitchell needs more minutes. The 2 fifth year seniors are stabilizers right now. When everyone else catches up, the sky is the limit.

Kentucky plays @ Kansas in January, and that's after playing multiple power conference schools in the OOC schedule.

Louisville SOS is #331 right now with the best win being Grand Canyon.

Yes the SEC is not the ACC in basketball but Cal always schedules tough early on.

Kentucky is 22 - 4 in the NCAA Tournament with Calipari, so obviously our "Super Bowl" is in March. With 4 Final 4 appearances and a National Campionship in the last 6 years I would say the Kentucky is doing just fine. All Power conferences have elite players and coaches, some leagues are tougher than others but it has not hurt Kentucky being in the SEC.

UK fans enjoy beating UL in men's and women's basketball as well...First, UL is long and really like the Lee kid. Second, Either fan base stating they don't care about this Rivalry or game is straight up lying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT