ADVERTISEMENT

No Brackets NCAA tourney pool if anyone is interested

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
each year i've been doing a no brackets tourney pool where you simply pick a square on a grid instead of filling out a bracket, $20 per spot. like a super bowl pool grid where you win according the score after each quarter. mine you win after the score of all 63 games so you are never out of it and you can win up to the final game. it's open to all. done thru FB but you don't have to join fb, you can let me know your choices thru messages on this board. rules are simple, pick an untaken square and just before tourney starts i fill in the random numbers to label the columns and rows. columns represent the last digit of the winning teams score, rows represent last digit of losing team scores. so in a 76-59 game the winner is where column labeled 6 meets row labeled 9. if grid doesn't fill up and a blank wins the money goes back into each days prize pool. total pool divided by 6 rounds so each round gets same pool amount. amounts for a win basically doubles each round. i update winners after each game day. payouts are 100% of the pool money. and paid tuesday after title game. most fun part is every game can be a winner and you start rooting for scores and not teams. you'll start yelling at the tv for a team to hit a 3 when they are up 20 so you will, or you root for teams to score so a blank might win and the money stays available. it's honestly the most fun way to watch the touney now.
here's the current grid

2024_NCAA_NO_BRACKETS_v1.6.jpg

no brackets pool info

If anyone is still interested, there are 34 spots left. total prize pool so far is $1320 so each round has $220. so as of now round 1 wins worth $6.88 and that doubles for each round until final game worth $220. and that's just based on current grid. a full grid would have each round worth $333.33. here's the current. your spot counts for all 63 games so every game could be a winner. much better than brackets where you could be out after the second weekend
2024_NCAA_NO_BRACKETS_v2.0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT